What's new

The betrayal of my beautiful religion, Islam

And like you said IS sympathizers...that alone explains alot...people who go around beheading people can pick up anything twist it to side them...beauty of twisting words/ events! And the sad truth of media and its uses!
Facebook profiles show Kalyan youth’s radicalisation, ‘marriage’ | The Indian Express

I asked if there is any such text in Sira, would you believe it was ok to behead the surrendered?

I go this from another site I stumbled upon, can you refute it @Akheilos and @Hazzy997

Beheading Evidences, Using Knife, Casting terror in the hearts of Kuffar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Beheading in Quran - Allah says
-----------------------------
1. "(Remember) when your Lord revealed to the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes.'' (Sura 8, Verse 12)

Tafsir Ibn Kathir says,

(so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes.)

strike them on their foreheads to tear them apart and over the necks to cut them off, and cut off their limbs, hands and feet. It was said that,

(over the necks)

refers to striking the forehead, or the neck, according to Ad-Dahhak and `Atiyyah Al-`Awfi.

In support of the latter, Allah commanded the believers,
"So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly" (47:4)

2. "So, when you meet those who disbelieve (in battle), smite (their) necks until you have fully defeated them, then tighten their bonds" (Sura 47, Verse 4)

Allah orders the believers to Strike at the necks of the disbeleivers. Which is specific and allows the killing through striking at the necks of disbelievers.

Prophet statement of striking neck
-------------------------------------------------
Imam Malik's Muwatta Chapter No: 36, Judgements

Narrated: Zayd ibn Aslam
Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If someone changes his deen, strike his neck!"

Umar statement striking neck
-------------------------------------------
'Abdullah reported: We were walking with Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) that Ibn Sayyad happened to pass by him. Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to him: I have concealed for you (something to test you, so tell me that). He said: It is Dukh. Thereupon Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to him: Be off. You cannot get farther than your rank, whereupon 'Umar said: Allaah's Messenger, permit me to strike his neck. Thereupon Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Leave him; if he is that one (Dajjal) whom you apprehend, you will not be able to kill him. (Sahih muslim)

Sahih muslim
Book 009, Number 3507
'Umar b. al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) kept himself away from his wives, I entered the mosque, and found people striking the ground with pebblesand saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has divorced his wives, and that was before they were commanded to observe seclusion 'Umar said to himself: I must find this (actual position) today. So I went to 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) and said (to her): Daughter of Abu Bakr, have you gone to the extent of giving trouble to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? Thereupon she said: Son of Khattab, you have nothing to do with me, and I have nothing to do with you. You should look to your own receptacle. He ('Umar) said: I visited Hafsa daughter of 'Umar, and said to her: Hafsa, the (news) has reached me that you cause Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) trouble. You know that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) does not love you, and had I not been (your father) he would have divorced you. (On hearing this) she wept bitterly. I said to her: Where is Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? Shesaid: He is in the attic room. I went in and found Rabah, the servant of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), sitting on the thresholds of the window dangling his feet on the hollow wood of the date-palm with the help of which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) climbed (to the apartment) and came down. I cried: 0 Rabah, seek permission for me from Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him). Rabah cast a glance at the apartment and then looked toward me but said nothing. I again said: Rabah, seek permission for me from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Rabah looked towards the apartment and then cast a glance at me, but said nothig. I then raised my voice and said: 0 Rabah, seek permission for me from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I think that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is under the impression that I have come for the sake of Hafsa. By Allah, if Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would command me to strike her neck, I would certainly strike her neck. I raised my voice and he pointed me to climb up (and get into his apartment). I visited Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he was lying on a mat. I sat down and he drew up his lower garment over him and he had nothing (else) over him, and that the mat had left its marks on his sides. I looked with my eyes in the store room of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I found only a handful of barley equal to one sa' and an equal quantity of the leaves of Mimosa Flava placed in the nook of the cell, and a semi-tanned leather bag hanging (in one side), and I was moved to tears (on seeing this extremely austere living of the Holy Piophet), and he said: Ibn Khattab, what wakes you weep?
I said: Apostle of Allah, why should I not shed tears? This mat has left its marks on your sides and I do not see in your store room (except these few things) that I have seen; Ceasar and Closroes are leading their lives in plenty whereas you are Allah's Messenger. His chosen one, and that is your store! He said: Ibn Khattab, aren't you satisfied that for us (there should be the prosperity) of the Hereafter, and for them (there should be the prosperity of) this world? I said: Yes. And as I had entered I had seen the signs of anger on his face, and I therefore, said: Messenger of Allah, what trouble do you feel from your wives, and if youhave divorced them, verily Allah is with you, His angels, Gabriel, Mika'il, I and Abu Bakr and the believers are with you. And seldom I talked and (which I uttered on that day) I hoped that Allah would testify to my words that I uttered. And so the verse of option (Ayat al-Takhyir) was revealed. Maybe his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you...". And if you back up one another against him, then surely Allah is his Patron, and Gabriel and the righteous believers, and the angels after that are the aidera (lvi. 4). And it was 'A'isha, daughter of Abu Bakr, and Hafsa who had prevailed upon all the wives of Allah's Prophet (way peace be upon him) for (pressing them for mote money). I said: Messenger of Allah, have you divorced them? He said: No. I said: Messenger of Allah, I entered the mosque and found the Muslims playing with pebbles (absorbed in thought) and saying: Allah's Messenger has divorced his wives. Should I get down and inform there that you have not divorced them? He said: Yes, if you so like. And I went on talking to him until I (found) the signs of anger disappeared on his face and (his seriousness was changed to a happy mood and as a result thereof) his face had the natural tranquillity upon it and he laughed and his teeth were the most charming (among the teeth) of all people. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) climbed down and I also climbed down and catching hold of the wood of the palm-tree and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came down (with such ease) as if he was walking on the ground, not touching anything with his hand (to get support). I said: Messenger of Allah, you remained in your apartment for twenty-nine days. He said: (At times) the month consists of twenty-nine days. I stood at the door of the mosque and I called out at the top of my voice: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has not divorced his wives (and it was on this occasion that this) verse was revealed:" And if any matter pertaining to peace or alarm comes within their ken, they broadcast it; whereas, if they would refer it to the Apostle and those who have been entrusted with authority amongst them, those of them who are engaged in obtaining intelligence would indeed know (what to do with) it" (iv 83). And it was I who understood this matter, and Allah revealed the verse pertaining to option (given to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him in regard to the retaining or divorcing of his wives).

Sahih muslim
Ubaidullah b. Rafi', who was the scribe of 'All, reported: I heard 'Ali (Allaah be pleased with him) as saying: Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) sent me and Zubair and Miqdad saying: Go to the garden of, Khakh [it is a place between Medina and Mecca at a distance of twelve miles from Medina] and there you will find a woman riding a camel. She would be in possession of a letter, which you must get from her. So we rushed on horses and when we met that woman, we asked her to deliver that letter to us. She said: There is no letter with me. We said: Either bring out that letter or we would take off your clothes. She brought out that letter from (the plaited hair of) her head. We delivered that letter to Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) in which Hatib b. Abu Balta'a had informed some people amongst the polytheists of Mecca about the affairs of Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam). Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Hatib, what is this? He said: Allaah's messenger, do not be hasty in judging my intention. I was a person attached to the Quraish. Sufyan said: He was their ally but had no relationship with them. (Hatib further said): Those who are with you amongst the emigrants have blood-relationship with them (the Quraish) and thus they would protect their families. I wished that when I had no blood-relationship with them I should find some supporters from (amongst them) who would help my family. I have not done this because of any unbelief or apostasy and I have no liking for the unbelief after I have (accepted) Islam. Thereupon Allaah's Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: You have told the truth. 'Umar said: Allaah's Messenger, permit me to strike the neck of this hypocrite. But he (the Prophet) said: He was a participant in Badr and you little know that Allaah revealed about the people of Badr: Do what you like for there is forgiveness for you. And Allaah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:" O you who believe, do not take My enemy and your enemy for friends" (lx. 1). And there is no mention of this verse in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Abu Bakr and Zubair and Ishaq has in his narration made a mention of the recitation of this verse by Sufyan.

Umar RA statement of Striking neck and Prophet didn’t condemn his (Umar RA) statement or correct his statement which adds additional support to the above quranic verses.

Beheading of Bani quraydah
----------------------------------------
"a group you killed, and a group you made captives" (Surah 33:26)

Tafsir Ibn Kathir says,

Sa`d, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "My judgement is that their fighters should be killed and their children and wealth should be seized.'' The Messenger of Allah said:

(You have judged according to the ruling of Allah from above the seven heavens.) According to another report:

(You have judged according to the ruling of the Sovereign.) Then the Messenger of Allah commanded that ditches should be dug, so they were dug in the earth, and they were brought tied by their shoulders, and were beheaded. There were between seven hundred and eight hundred of them. The children who had not yet reached adolescence and the women were taken prisoner, and their wealth was seized. All of this is stated both briefly and in detail, with evidence and Hadiths, in the book of Sirah which we have written, praise and blessings be to Allah

In the seerah of Ishaq, p. 461-464
Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman of B. al-Najjar. Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. Among them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy b. Akhtab and Ka`b b. Asad their chief. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka`b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, 'Will you never understand? Don't you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!' This went on until the apostle made an end of them. Huyayy was brought out wearing a flowered robe in which he had made holes about the size of the finger-tips in every part so that it should not be taken from him as spoil, with his hands bound to his neck by a rope. When he saw the apostle he said, 'By God, I do not blame myself for opposing you, but he who forsakes God will be forsaken.' Then he went to the men and said, 'God's command is right. A book and a decree, and massacre have been written against the Sons of Israel.' Then he sat down and his head was struck off.

The general proof for killing kuffar
---------------------------------------------
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allaah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allaah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zaalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers)”
[al-Baqarah 2:193]

“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism, i.e. worshipping others besides Allaah), and the religion (worship) will all be for Allaah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allaah), then certainly, Allaah is All-Seer of what they do”
[al-Anfaal 8:39]

Ibn Jareer said:
So fight them until there is no more shirk, and none is worshipped except Allaah alone with no partner or associate, and trials and calamities, which are disbelief and polytheism, are lifted from the slaves of Allaah on earth, and religion is all for Allaah alone, and so that obedience and worship will be devoted to Him alone and none else.

Ibn Katheer said: Allaah commands us to fight the kuffaar so that there will be no fitnah, i.e., shirk, and the religion will all be for Allaah alone, i.e., the religion of Allaah will prevail over all other religions.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “"I have been commanded (by Allaah) to fight the people until they testify that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, and they establish regular prayer and pay zakaah, then if they do that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning will be with Allaah." Narrated by al-Bukhaari (24), Muslim (33).

And Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been sent just before the Hour with the sword, so that Allaah will be worshipped alone with no partner or associate.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 4869; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2831.
This purpose of jihad was present in the minds of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) during their battles with the enemies of Allaah. Al-Bukhaari (2925) narrated that Jubayr ibn Hayyah said: ‘Umar sent people to all the regions to fight the mushrikeen… so ‘Umar recruited us and appointed al-Nu’maan ibn Muqarrin to lead us. When we were in the land of the enemy, the representative of Chosroes came out to us with forty thousand troops. An interpreter stood up and said: “Let one of you speak to me.” Al-Mugheerah said: “Ask whatever you want.” He asked, “Who are you?” He (al-Mugheerah) said: “We are some people from among the Arabs. We used to lead a harsh and miserable life, sucking on animal skins and date stones because of hunger, wearing clothes made of camel and goat hair, worshipping trees and rocks. While we were in this state, the Lord of the heavens and the earth, exalted be His name and glorified be His greatness, sent to us a Prophet from amongst ourselves, whose father and mother we know. Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), commanded us to fight you until you worship Allaah alone or pay the jizyah. Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us the message from our Lord, that whoever among us is killed will go to Paradise to enjoy delights such as no one has ever seen, and whoever among us is left will become your master.”

As it is told this fight between Muslims and the Kuffar will continue until Isa bin Maryam time.

There is no specific evidence which prevents beheading and using of knifes or any other weapons for killing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The command of the Allah and his messenger to fight the disbelievers is clear. It is a general statement which commands to fight the disbelievers.

There is no statement of Allah and his messenger which provides SPECIFIC weapons which are only be used in fighting (like - only swords can be used. If so using of anyother kind of weapon like guns, rocket, knife would have been prohibited)

Or neither is any evidence from Allah and his messenger which prohibits any types of SPECIFIC weapons which is prohibited in fighting the disbelievers. In this case any weapon which does the GENERAL (fighting) can be used. It can be either knife or guns etc

If the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not make any exceptions or state any specific weapon, and a statement that is general in nature should continue to be taken as general unless there is evidence to indicate that it is specific in application.

If there is a SPECIFIC statement which prevents beheading or using a knife for fighting. Then bring forth the evidences. If a evidence from Quran or Correct Hadith or Ijma is brought then I am ready to follow that.

Is beheading the cruelest punishment in islam
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Allah says,
The recompense of those who wage war against Allaah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter. Except for those who (having fled away and then) come back (as Muslims) with repentance before they fall into your power; in that case, know that Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Maa’idah 5:33]

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that some people came from ‘Akl or ‘Areenah and avoided Madeenah (i.e., they did not want to stay in Madeenah because they were suffering from a fever). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ordered them to drink the urine and milk of milch-camels (for treatment of their fever). They did that, and when they got better, they killed the shepherd of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and stole the sheep. This news reached (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) at the beginning of the day, and he sent people in pursuit of them. At mid-day, they were brought to him and

he commanded that their hands and feet should be cut off and their eyes put out, then they were left in al-Harrah begging for water, but no one gave them water. (Agreed upon).

The need for media coverage and Order for casting terror in heart of kuffar by Allah
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Allah says,
We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the wrongdoers. (Surah 3 : 151)

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved,
(Sura 8, Verse 12)

And those of the People of the Scripture who backed them, Allah brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts (Surah 33: 26)

Command for the believers to prepare and strike fear in kuffar heart in all means (general)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war to threaten the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others besides them, whom you may not know but whom Allah does know. And whatever you shall spend in the cause of Allah shall be repaid unto you, and you shall not be treated unjustly. (Surah Anfal : 60)

Tafsir ibn Kathir says

(of power, including steeds of war). Imam Ahmad recorded that `Uqbah bin `Amir said that he heard the Messenger of Allah saying, while standing on the Minbar;
And make ready against them all you can of power,Verily, Power is shooting! Power is shooting. Muslim collected this Hadith.

(to threaten), or to strike fear,

(the enemy of Allah and your enemy), the disbelievers,

(and others besides them), such as Bani Qurayzah, according to Mujahid, or persians, according to As-Suddi.

Muqatil bin Hayyan and `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said that this Ayah refers to hypocrites, as supported by Allah's statement,
And among the bedouins around you, some are hypocrites, and so are some among the people of Al-Madinah who persist in hypocrisy; you know them not, We know them. (9:101)

Hence it is prescribed to fight in a manner that will strike terror into the heart of the enemy.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him] was asked whether it is permissible for a soldier to wear silk or gold or silver when fighting or when the envoys of the enemy come to the Muslims.
He replied:
Praise be to Allaah. With regard to wearing silk in order to frighten the enemy, there are two scholarly views, the more correct of which is that it is allowed. The soldiers of Syria wrote to ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab saying: “When we met the enemy we saw that they had covered their weapons with silk and we found that this struck terror in our hearts.” ‘Umar wrote back to them saying: “You should cover your weapons as they do.” And wearing silk is a kind of showing off, and Allaah likes showing off at the time of fighting, as it is narrated in al-Sunan that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is a kind of showing off that Allaah likes, and a kind of showing off that Allaah hates. The showing off that Allaah likes is when a man shows off at the time of war. The kind of showing off that Allaah hates is showing off for the purpose of pride and boasting.” On the day of Uhud, Abu Dujaanah al-Ansaari showed off among the ranks, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “This is a kind of walking that Allaah hates except in this situation.” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 28/17

Ansarrullah.com - Timeline Photos | Facebook

Last edited:
Facebook profiles show Kalyan youth’s radicalisation, ‘marriage’ | The Indian Express

I asked if there is any such text in Sira, would you believe it was ok to behead the surrendered?
No it wont be ok....because it is against the Quran:

Chapter 48 verse 16

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) to the bedouins who lagged behind: "You shall be called to fight against a people given to great warfare, then you shall fight them, or they shall surrender. Then if you obey, Allah will give you a fair reward; but if you turn away as you did turn away before, He will punish you with a painful torment."

This is said during the time of war:
Surah 9 verse 5-6:
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah . Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.

What does "not voicing out" mean as you have used it, and what difference are you talking about? Please clarify your comment. Thanks.
Meaning they do not clarify anything and accept it as though it is a part of Islam...Why not they say Islam doesnt ask them of such things...

Those who can make a Difference are people who write articles and appear in interviews...those who come in debates or discussions those who meet and talk to top level people...

Meaning they do not clarify anything and accept it as though it is a part of Islam...Why not they say Islam doesnt ask them of such things...
Those who can make a Difference are people who write articles and appear in interviews...those who come in debates or discussions those who meet and talk to top level people...

The burden of proving that Islam is peaceful lies on the Muslims themselves, not on the media who only report what is going on.

@Akheilos

Why are you wasting your time with people? When you show a sign of weakness like that they will bring you down even more. We don't need to do anything, or clarify anything. No matter what you do anyways, they are here with an agenda. It is destroy your morals and belief in God. I tell them to go kill their selves. God is their King and will always remain so and God will give victory to the believers.

A banned Indian is trying to make outrage out of execution of treasonous terrorists even after I explained everything to him, but they make no outrage out of execution of million Algerians for example by colonial terrorists. And a traitor Pakistani who was deported from Pakistan for treason is making a big fuss out of nothing.

The biggest perpatrators of violence on earth are trying to use that argument against you. It's a farce. They can get lost.

These people want you to renounce your religion because they support evil. Islam will never go down, let me make it clear to the terrorists. Islam will never support immorality. They succeeded with Jews, Christian through promotion of immorality. This is a war on religion and we are the last people on the list. And Islam won't surrender to lucifer worshipping scumbags.

They should just give up, no matter how much they push their pyschological war. They will do counter effect and terrorists will be defeated.

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) to the bedouins who lagged behind: "You shall be called to fight against a people given to great warfare, then you shall fight them, or they shall surrender. Then if you obey, Allah will give you a fair reward; but if you turn away as you did turn away before, He will punish you with a painful torment."

Who is to make that call?

However no one sees Christianity as narrowly as what the crusaders did...their endless wars, their racist prosecutions and their forced conversion habits!
We would if they were doing that in the name of Christ(again) NOW. There is a reason that was called the Dark Ages.

In another part of the world the Dark Ages continue.

1. "(Remember) when your Lord revealed to the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes.'' (Sura 8, Verse 12)
Tafsir Ibn Kathir says,
(so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes.)
strike them on their foreheads to tear them apart and over the necks to cut them off, and cut off their limbs, hands and feet. It was said that,
(over the necks)
refers to striking the forehead, or the neck, according to Ad-Dahhak and `Atiyyah Al-`Awfi.
In support of the latter, Allah commanded the believers,
"So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly" (47:4)

It has answered ur question...During a war...in cause for ALLAH....in places in the Quran the war has been described as one strive for truth or one against oppressors or one against those who throw you out of your homes (oppressors)

That is alot to answer...can you summarize...Coz I am not an A'alim but I can only answer how much I can read...and being a normal human I dont have the capacity to go on forever...

"a group you killed, and a group you made captives" (Surah 33:26)
Why quote part of the verse...Do you read part of your course books and answer partly during exam yet expecting your teachers to fully understand you?

Maybe this makes more sense:

And He brought down those who supported them among the People of the Scripture from their fortresses and cast terror into their hearts [so that] a party you killed, and you took captive a party. (Surah 33:26)

I suggest you read the background of the Surah:
The Islamic army's setback in the Battle of Uhud (A. H. 3) that resulted from the error of the archers appointed by the Holy Prophet so boosted up the morale of the Arab pagans and the Jews and the hypocrites that they started entertaining the hope that they would soon be able to exterminate Islam and the Muslims completely. Their high state of morale can be judged from the events that occurred in the first year after Uhud. Hardly two months had passed then the tribe of Bani Asad of Najd began to make preparations for a raid on Madinah, and the Holy Prophet had to dispatch an expedition under Abu Salamah to counteract them. In Safar A. H. 4 some people of the tribes of Adal and Qarah asked the Holy Prophet to send some men to instruct them in Islam. Accordingly six of the Companions were allowed to accompany them for the purpose. But when they reached Raji (a place between Rabigh and Jeddah), they summoned Hudhail against them, who killed four of the Companions, and took the other two (Hadrat Khubaib bin Adi and Hadrat Zaid bin ad-Dathinnah) to Makkah and sold them to the enemy. Then in the same month of Safar, on the request of a chief of Bani Amir, the Holy Prophet sent another deputation of 40 (according to others, 70) preachers, consisting of the Ansar young men, to Najd. But they were also betrayed. The people of Usayyah and Ri'l and Dhakwan, tribes of Bani Sulaim, surrounded them suddenly at Bir Maunah and slew all of them. Meanwhile the Jewish tribe of Bani an-Nadir of Madinah, getting encouragement, continued to commit breaches of the treaties; so much so that in Rabi'ul Awwal, A.H. 4, they plotted against the life of the Holy Prophet himself. Then in Jamadi al-Ula, A. H. 4, Bani Thalbah and Bani Muharib, the two tribes of Bani Ghatafan, started making preparations to attack Madinah and the Holy Prophet had to go to punish them. Thus, after their setback at Uhud, the Muslims went on encountering repercussions continuously for seven to eight months.

However, it was the Holy Prophet's determination and wisdom and his great Companions' spirit of sacrifice that changed these adverse conditions completely within a short span of time. The economic boycott by the Arabs had made life hard for the people of Madinah. All the polytheistic tribes around Madinah were becoming rebellious. Inside Madinah itself the Jews and the hypocrites were beat upon mischief. But the successive steps taken by a handful of the sincere Muslims, under the leadership of the Holy Prophet, not only restored the image of strength of Islam in Arabia but also increased it manifold.

read the whole story and who is being refered to here: 33. Surah Al Ahzab (The Clans) - Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an - The Meaning of the Qur'an

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allaah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allaah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zaalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers)”
[al-Baqarah 2:193]
Story starts from verse 190 can be read here:
Surah Al-Baqara 2:190-193 -
Towards Understanding the Quran - Quran Translation Commentary - Tafheem ul Quran

“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism, i.e. worshipping others besides Allaah), and the religion (worship) will all be for Allaah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allaah), then certainly, Allaah is All-Seer of what they do”
[al-Anfaal 8:39]
The meaning of the word Fitnah is not given right...it doesnt just mean disbelief it actually is more like mischief + slandering and so on ...

Surah Al-Anfal 8:38-44 -
Towards Understanding the Quran - Quran Translation Commentary - Tafheem ul Quran

Is beheading the cruelest punishment in islam
Yes it is ...it is also 1 of the last resorts when punishing...one could write a whole book on it...

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the wrongdoers. (Surah 3 : 151)
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved,
(Sura 8, Verse 12)
And those of the People of the Scripture who backed them, Allah brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts (Surah 33: 26)
All this is said by ALLAH not by human beings so it will be up to GOD alone to do that

Surah Anfal : 60

Surah Al-Anfal 8:59-64 -

We would if they were doing that in the name of Christ(again) NOW.

So they can go around rape and pillage the whole world as long as they claim they aren't doing it in the name of religion? Religious justification isn't needed for the Western world. They just use justification of having enough power to do what they want.

Religious justification is normal in the ME since most people are desperate/weak.

So your issue is with monothiesm? You want to wipe monothiesm from the earth?

The burden of proving that Islam is peaceful lies on the Muslims themselves, not on the media who only report what is going on.
OMG uncle this I didnt expect from you at all! I am talking about people who get to write articles (in the media), who get interviewed (in the media) who go around talking to people who make differences or are shown (in the media)

So your issue is with monothiesm? You want to wipe monothiesm from the earth?
I have no problem as long as people don't use God/or anything else as a justification for their disgusting crimes. Religious justification is the worst of all though. My personal opinion.

A common criticism of media in Islamic circles is regarding attaching names to crime ,

As in Islamic terrorists behead U.S. terrorist , why not just terrorists . A second line added to it why beheadings by mexican cartels is not reported as christian terrorism or why Stalin etc are not referred to as atheist terrorists .

Since it looks like this thread will go in that direction i will share my 2 paisa on it .

While Islamic Terrorists chant "Allahu Akhbar" and verses from Quran while committing these acts mexican cartels do not Quote bible or shout god is great while doing it , nor did stalin or other atheists quote verses from atheist literature while doing these act .

This demarcation , when not understood , creates a feeling of biased reporting from media which we are seeing here .

We would if they were doing that in the name of Christ(again) NOW. There is a reason that was called the Dark Ages.

In another part of the world the Dark Ages continue.
My sentence was Crusaders are not shown in tv or media...in fact many have even forgotten them....

However, those who do crimes ...their religion isnt portrayed and you get to see a million and one people coming over to say its not part of Christianity

While when a Muslim says that they are either lying, hiding facts or what not!

And again this whole thread was ALSO to portray that those who come ON MEDIA dont have enough balls to reject this crap and show the real face of Islam ....

Of course you didnt pick that up and you didnt understand it coz I didnt say it in words you are used to like in this post! ^^

Back
Top Bottom