What's new

The Bangladesh factor in a future Pakistan India conflict.

@Baibars_1260 won't it be better to say Islam in India has found an easier foray through Bangladesh than Pakistan? Muslims have been wiped out from East Punjab, on the wane in Gujarat and Rajasthan and stifled in Kashmir. On the contrast, Muslims are thriving in WB and Assam

@Baibars_1260 won't it be better to say Islam in India has found an easier foray through Bangladesh than Pakistan? Muslims have been wiped out from East Punjab, on the wane in Gujarat and Rajasthan and stifled in Kashmir. On the contrast, Muslims are thriving in WB and Assam
I disagree..
Muslims are not thriving in Assam.
In the late 1960s, the Muslims of West Bengal suffered horrific religious persecution and displacement particularly from the industrial areas sending waves of refugees into East Pakistan.
The communal pogroms of the 1960s ended only on the rise of the Naxalite Marxist movement that bitterly fought the fascists bullet for bullet with no quarter asked or given. The years from 1967-1970 were terrible days for the West Bengali Muslims. The entire tea belt from the Doars area to northern Bihar was affected, The Naxalites couldn't protect the urban areas and communal massacres racked the industrial suburbs of Durgapur, Burdwan, Hooghly, spreading to South Bihar ( now Jharkhand) in Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Rourkela. These cities had an international footprint because the Soviet Union, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany had invested in steel, heavy engineering, mining and construction machinery manufacturing in these cities. The violence caused heavy losses to India ruining the steel production. The Indian army took control of the cities but an estimated 10-15000 Muslims are estimated to have been killed. In any case the 1971 war and the post 1971 rise of left wing power in West Bengal ended anti-Muslim sentiments for a period.

In the early 1980s Assam went through a horrific period of cleansing of Muslims with massacres such as the Nellie.
Forum rules do not allow posting links and pictures of such a gruesome nature but you can do a search online yourself if you can stomach the information.,

Today the wheel has turned full circle with the RSS making a resounding comeback in Assam, Tripura, West Bengal. The secular government in West Bengal is likely to loose the election to the BJP and like Assam will be implementing a Hindutva fascist agenda. Muslims are fourth class citizens in Assam as of now.,Thousands have been interned in detention camps identified as "foreigners ". Amongst the detainees are members of the extended families of the former chief minister of the province and former president of India.,

@Avicenna, @Bilal9
Will respond to your analysis of my "identity " . You are wrong on all counts, and I am not a Bengali speaking person ( though I learned a smattering of the language).
Our points of view are more important than who we are .
I would have expected my post to be questioned on a different level.
There is a reason why I posted the video above. It would be interesting to learn from the members here what plane the BAF would use to attack the Indian side of that village.
Mercifully there are no such villages on the India Pakistan border.

I need a separate post to explain why I am opening such threads, and why I am writing such cynical posts.
I am doing this primarily because it is in my country's interest for its people to open their eyes and see the reality and facade of "Islamic Unity".
This charade of "Islamic Unity" has crippled my nation used as prop by illiterate selfish religious bigots.
We have suffered doubly from ethnic religious chauvinism which resulted in a devastating Civil War, and then four decades of mullahdom that has weakened and nearly paralyzed my country.

We can't change the past but we can look forward to completely focusing on our own security in meeting a vicious savage threat from an enemy that is superior to us in military and economic capabilities. If we survive this onslaught we will have won.

I strongly advocate complete disengagement with Bangladesh though not enmity, because
Bangladesh has little significance to Pakistan as a military threat.
Bangladesh is however a useful propaganda tool for India which looses no opportunity to curse and diplomatically humiliate my nation. Logically as part of a defense pact a hyper nationalistic government in Bangladesh would love to join India in military aggression against Pakistan, My OP explains the reasons.

I sometimes contemplate what would have been the situation in 1971 if we had the same weapons of mass destruction and capabilities we have today. Rather than survive, and suffer the humiliation of a defeat we would have made the choice that any people with a single grain of dignity left in them would have made.
Even so, we were in grave danger of being overrun in our own land even though we would have delivered heavy losses on the enemy fighting to the last bullet and last man.
Luckily for us India at that time had a firmly secular government in power, and was unwilling to suffer massive losses in an attempt to conquer us. India then was more interested in peace than pushing us into an existential struggle.
Today we don't have to fight an insurgency to defeat a much larger enemy. With WMD the end will be quick and horrific. Horrific...for all,
Having said that I don't have any enmity to the Bengali language, music , people and culture।. As I said I understand some Bengali and actually enjoy Bengali patriotic music, which I find inclusive, humanist and secular.

In a future war between Pakistan and India I hope Bangladesh chooses to do the right thing and not try to piggyback on aggression against my nation.
However given the current realities this doesn't seem likely.

Will explain later that despite my personal cultural preferences the distancing between Bangladesh and Pakistan is complete. "Islamic unity" didn't hold the union in 1971 and it is unlikely to be a factor in a future war.

Last edited:
I disagree..
Muslims are not thriving in Assam.
In the late 1960s, the Muslims of West Bengal suffered horrific religious persecution and displacement particularly from the industrial areas sending waves of refugees into East Pakistan.
The communal pogroms of the 1960s ended only on the rise of the Naxalite Marxist movement that bitterly fought the fascists bullet for bullet with no quarter asked or given. The years from 1967-1970 were terrible days for the West Bengali Muslims. The entire tea belt from the Doars area to northern Bihar was affected, The Naxalites couldn't protect the urban areas and communal massacres racked the industrial suburbs of Durgapur, Burdwan, Hooghly, spreading to South Bihar ( now Jharkhand) in Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Rourkela. These cities had an international footprint because the Soviet Union, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany had invested in steel, heavy engineering, mining and construction machinery manufacturing in these cities. The violence caused heavy losses to India ruining the steel production. The Indian army took control of the cities but an estimated 10-15000 Muslims are estimated to have been killed. In any case the 1971 war and the post 1971 rise of left wing power in West Bengal ended anti-Muslim sentiments for a period.

In the early 1980s Assam went through a horrific period of cleansing of Muslims with massacres such as the Nellie massacre.
Forum rules do not allow posting links and pictures of such a gruesome nature but you can do a search online yourself if you can stomach the information.,

Today the wheel has turned full circle with the RSS making a resounding comeback in Assam, Tripura, West Bengal. The secular government in West Bengal is likely to loose the election to the BJP and like Assam will be implementing a Hindutva fascist agenda. Muslims are fourth class citizens in Assam as of now.,Thousands have been interned in detention camps identified as "foreigners ". Amongst the detainees are members of the extended families of the former chief minister of the province and former president of India.,

@Avicenna, @Bilal9
Will respond to your analysis of my "identity " . You are wrong on all counts but our points of view are more important than who we are .
I would have expected my post to be questioned on a different level.
There is a reason why I posted the video above. It would be interesting to learn from the members here what plane the BAF would use to attack the Indian side of that village.
Mercifully there are no such villages on the India Pakistan border.,
I need a separate post to explain why I am opening such threads and why I am writing such cynical posts. I am doing this primarily because it is in my countries interest for its people to open their eyes and see the reality and facade of "Islamic Unity". This charade of "Islamic Unity" has crippled my nation by illiterate selfish religious bigots.
We have suffered doubly from ethnic religious chauvinism which resulted in a devastating Civil War and then four decades of mullahdom that has weakened and nearly paralyzed my country, We can't change the past but we can look forward to completely focusing on our own security in meeting a vicious savage threat from an enemy that is superior to us in military and economic capabilities.
I strongly advocate complete disengagement with Bangladesh though not enmity because
Bangladesh has little significance to Pakistan as a military threat.
Bangladesh is however a useful propaganda tool for India which looses no opportunity to curse and diplomatically humiliate my nation. Logically as part of a defense pact a hyper nationalistic government in Bangladesh would love to join India in military aggression against Pakistan, My OP explains the reasons.
I sometimes contemplate what would have been the situation in 1971 if we had the sane weapons of mass destruction and capabilities we have today. Rather than survuve and suffer the humiliation of a defeat we would have made the choice that any people with a grain of dignity left in them would have made.
Even so, we were in grave danger of being overrun in our own land even though we would have delivered heavy losses on the enemy fighting to the last bullet and last man. Luckily for us India at that time had a secular government in power, and was unwilling to suffer losses in an attempt to which was more interested in peace than pushing us into an existential struggle.
Today we don't have to fight an insurgency to defeat a much larger enemy. The end will be quick and horrific. Horrific...for all,
Having said that I don't have any enmity to the Bengali language, music , people and culture।. I understand some Bengali and actually enjoy Bengali patriotic music, which I find inclusive and secular.
In a future war between Pakistan and India I hope Bangladesh chooses to do the right thing and not try to piggyback on aggression against my nation.
However given the current realities this doesn't seem likely.
Will explain later that despite my personal cultural preferences the distancing between Bangladesh and Pakistan is complete. "Islamic unity" didn't hold the union in 1971 and it is unlikely to be a factor in a future war.
How do you have such extensive knowledge about India? Were you born there and later immigrated here?

It's traumatizing to hear what Muslims in India have to go through. I knew it was bad but never knew it was this bad. My dadi was from UP and went back to India in the 80s for a visit and she came back and said "India mein Musalmano ka bohot bura haal hai."

I know about the Nellie massacre and a few token massacres that make it to the news. Never knew it was so bad. Hadn't the Assamese Bodo anti-Muslim insurgency died down by the 2000s? I was under the impression that Muslims are relatively safe in WB under Mamta now and form a hefty demographic there (30ish %) and an even larger demographic (35%) in Assam.

@xeuss @Naofumi are things really as bad in India for Muslims?

How do you have such extensive knowledge about India? Were you born there and later immigrated here?

It's traumatizing to hear what Muslims in India have to go through. I knew it was bad but never knew it was this bad. My dadi was from UP and went back to India in the 80s for a visit and she came back and said "India mein Musalmano ka bohot bura haal hai."

I know about the Nellie massacre and a few token massacres that make it to the news. Never knew it was so bad. Hadn't the Assamese Bodo anti-Muslim insurgency died down by the 2000s? I was under the impression that Muslims are relatively safe in WB under Mamta now and form a hefty demographic there (30ish %) and an even larger demographic (35%) in Assam.

@xeuss @Naofumi are things really as bad in India for Muslims?
My last visit to Dhaka was in 2010.
Those who know Dhaka know that there used to be the EPCL ( East Pakistan Central Library Building) now the BNL or Bangladesh National Library, right after the Freedom Museum. In one corner is the archives area where the old copies of the Pakistan Observer, (now Bangladesh Observer) are located. The 1960s Dhaka ( Dacca) edition was also focused on news in what was going on next door in India. Reading through these papers which reported extensively on the carnage going on next door was an eye opener.
Demographics do not secure land.
We are not sure if the population figures released by the Indian Government are authentic., These population figures are intended to stoke the fears of Hindus that they are being "swamped " by unchecked Muslim population growth. This is intended to provoke a backlash and make the planned holocaust of Indian Muslims more acceptable.
Even if the numbers are somewhat correct that is no cause for comfort. India can and will carry out the largest massacres in the history of mankind dwarfing anything Chengiz Khan did in his time.
There is no country or power on earth that can stop India from massacring Muslims. The world looked the other way when the Central African Republic cleansed 35% ( same figure as Assam) of its population and Myanmar has expelled the tiny population of Rohingyas and no country in the world could do anything.
Only the Serbs were stopped from wiping out the Bosnians because of Turkey but even the Bosnians have been reduced to a minority.
Yes, your father was right in the 1980s. It is far worse today.

Those who know Dhaka know that there used to be the EPCL ( East Pakistan Central Library Building) now the BNL or Bangladesh National Library, right after the Freedom Museum. In one corner is the archives area where the old copies of the Pakistan Observer, (now Bangladesh Observer) are located. The 1960s Dhaka ( Dacca) edition was also focused on news in what was going on next door in India. Reading through these papers which reported extensively on the carnage going on next door was an eye opener.
We are not sure if the population figures released by the Indian Government are authentic., These population figures are intended to stoke the fears of Hindus that they are being "swamped " by unchecked Muslim population growth. This is intended to provoke a backlash and make the planned holocaust of Indian Muslims more acceptable.
Even if the numbers are somewhat correct that is no cause for comfort. India can and will carry out the largest massacres in the history of mankind dwarfing anything Chengiz Khan did in his time.
There is no country or power on earth that can stop India from massacring Muslims. The world looked the other way when the Central African Republic cleansed 35% ( same figure as Assam) of its population and Myanmar has expelled the tiny population of Rohingyas and no country in the world could do anything.
Only the Serbs were stopped from wiping out the Bosnians because of Turkey but even the Bosnians have been reduced to a minority.

As long as the indians remain too weak, powerless, backward and scared to mess with Pakistani Muslims, who cares what they do to bangladeshi or indian so called "Muslims" . Not our problem or concern.

As long as the indians remain too weak, powerless, backward and scared to mess with Pakistani Muslims, who cares what they do to bangladeshi or indian so called "Muslims" . Not our problem or concern.
Absolutely Correct!
Pakistan first !
Bangladesh and Indian Muslims must face their unfortunate fate alone. Mercifully for Pakistan there is a deterrent and a capacity for a vengeance.
If we go under we will not be alone.
Bangladesh and Indian Muslims do not have this option.

You clearly have more experience than me about India. But I don't think things can ever get to a complete Holocaust like you're suggesting. It's simply not possible. Indian Muslims will have it bad for the next 30 or 50 years maybe. But dynamics will shift. Definitely.

You've given the example of Mongols, Andalusia, Bosnia and Central Africa previously. In almost all the cases barring Andalusia, Islam did end up reigning supreme.

The Mongols ended up accepting Islam. It's how Central Asia and the Tatars became Muslim. The Bosnia episode was bad but there are 3 Muslim majority countries in the Balkans now- Bosnia, Kosovo and Albania. And plenty of Muslims in Western Europe too.

As for Africa, Islam is poised to become Africa's largest religion in a decade or so. It's around 44% now. Islam has come a long way in Africa since the 1950s. Nigeria is or probably will become Muslim majority in a few years.

I don't want to say much because there are probably bhakts scourging this site to crosspost in their forums but parts of India will get favorable for Muslims over time.

You clearly have more experience than me about India. But I don't think things can ever get to a complete Holocaust like you're suggesting. It's simply not possible. Indian Muslims will have it bad for the next 30 or 50 years maybe. But dynamics will shift. Definitely.

You've given the example of Mongols, Andalusia, Bosnia and Central Africa previously. In almost all the cases barring Andalusia, Islam did end up reigning supreme.

The Mongols ended up accepting Islam. It's how Central Asia and the Tatars became Muslim. The Bosnia episode was bad but there are 3 Muslim majority countries in the Balkans now- Bosnia, Kosovo and Albania. And plenty of Muslims in Western Europe too.

As for Africa, Islam is poised to become Africa's largest religion in a decade or so. It's around 44% now. Islam has come a long way in Africa since the 1950s. Nigeria is or probably will become Muslim majority in a few years.

I don't want to say much because there are probably bhakts scourging this site to crosspost in their forums but parts of India will get favorable for Muslims over time.
I am not an expert on India and political science and history are not even my specialty. In this information age, information can just as easily be buried as it can be researched, because the "powers that be" can twist information. You would find very little information on the Durgapur communal riots of 1964, because India would like it buried. If I hadn't checked the tattered copies of the Pakistan Observer, I would never have known.
On the fate of the Indian Muslims:
I sincerely hope what you say turns out to be true. I don't wish the Indian Muslims ill.
If India undergoes a political change and overcomes its fascist regime matters would be dramatically different.
We can't determine what the future holds but here is what history teaches us :
1. Fascist regimes
No fascist regime has ever been dislodged by an internal secular revolution or election, It is always an external force that checks a fascist power through a military defeat. In the past this was possible because weapons of mass destruction had not been invented. Today no country will intervene in a holocaust by a nuclear armed fascist power. The only thing we can do is hope by a miracle India's internal linguistic ethnic contradictions result in more federal union which will be essentially secular.
2.Marginalization of a community:
30-40 years is a very long time..Overall the percentage of Indian Muslims is 14.2 % in India but in some provinces like Punjab they are barely 1.9 %. In most provinces Muslims are 8-9% and are too widely dispersed living in poverty stricken ghettos of a few hundred thousand . They are facing a 1.1 billion strong highly polarized, powerful and motivated majority community that has a partisan police, armed forces, and judiciary in its grip. There is only one non-elected cabinet minister in the federal cabinet and not a single lawmaker in the either the ruling coalition in the national or provincial assembly. The social and economic status of Indian Muslims has slipped to fourth class status. The marginalization is complete.
3. Holocaust
It can be done. 200 million Muslims can be either driven out or killed and planning is underway. It is being openly talked about in forums and media debates. By first bunching the Muslims into ghettos ( already done) and then into detention centers, populations can be killed by hunger, cold, and induced disease. An indication, Muslim patients are being denied treatment after Covid 19 infections.
(The European immigrants wiped out native Americans by depriving them of their food source and inducing small pox through infected blankets). There are always pogroms, outright massacres and population displacement:
Here are the stages of genocide;
India is in the 5th stage:

No I don’t think Bangladesh will take the risk militarily , they may support India on the world stage definitely for sure.

I am not an expert on India and political science and history are not even my specialty. In this information age, information can just as easily be buried as it can be researched, because the "powers that be" can twist information. You would find very little information on the Durgapur communal riots of 1964, because India would like it buried. If I hadn't checked the tattered copies of the Pakistan Observer, I would never have known.
I sincerely hope what you say turns out to be true. I don't wish the Indian Muslims ill.
If India undergoes a political change and overcomes its fascist regime matters would be dramatically different.
1. Fascist regimes
No fascist regime has ever been dislodged by an internal secular revolution or election, It is always an external force that checks a fascist power through a military defeat. In the past this was possible because weapons of mass destruction had not been invented. Today no country will intervene in a holocaust by a nuclear armed fascist power. The only thing we can do is hope by a miracle India's internal linguistic ethnic contradictions result in more federal union which will be essentially secular.
30-40 years is a very long time..Overall the percentage of Indian Muslims is 14.2 % in India but in some provinces like Punjab they are barely 1.9 %. In most provinces Muslims are 8-9% and are too widely dispersed living in poverty stricken ghettos of a few hundred thousand . They are facing a 1.1 billion strong highly polarized, powerful and motivated majority community that has a partisan police, armed forces, and judiciary in its grip. There is only one non-elected cabinet minister in the federal cabinet and not a single lawmaker in the either the ruling coalition in the national or provincial assembly. The social and economic status of Indian Muslims has slipped to fourth class status. The marginalization is complete.
3. Holocaust
It can be done. 200 million Muslims can be either driven out or killed and planning is underway. It is being openly talked about in forums and media debates. By first bunching the Muslims into ghettos ( already done) and then into detention centers, populations can be killed by hunger, cold, and induced disease. An indication, Muslim patients are being denied treatment after Covid 19 infections.
(The European immigrants wiped out native Americans by depriving them of their food source and inducing small pox through infected blankets). There are always pogroms, outright massacres and population displacement:

1. Fascist regimes
3. Holocaust

1. Fascist regimes
3. Holocaust

It's primarily the Gujju and BIMARU North Indian who has that psychopathic hate for Muslims. He wants to export his RSS ideology to the South and Bengal but he's not going to be successful because those areas have their own intrinsic reasons for opposing them.

Brahminism can never take hold in Tamil Nadu or Kerala because of the strong Dravidian nationalism which is antagonistic to the North exported TamBram ideology. And the bhakts have already started making their contempt known for "dumeels." The Tamils know this very well.

I don't know about Bengal but the TMC and CPI rule has taken away power from the Muslim hating Shyam Prasad Mukherjees of the 1940s and 1950s. That's why the bhakt greatly despises the "Bong feminists" and "communists." It could swing back to the old ways but I am not so sure about that. WB has a huge Muslim population. It's not going to be so easy. Even Assam has come a long way from the anti Muslim Bodo agitation.

As much as the PDFers like to claim, Sikhs are not anti Muslim. They have formed a wall against the expanse of RSS into the northwest. And the RSS ideology at core is wary of Sikhs and wants to co-opt them as a sect of Hinduism. So not much luck there.

And plus there are large pockets of Christians in the northeast and Odisha Andhra TN belt. Northeast is virtually full Christian now except Assam and Tripura.

Not all Hindus are the enemies of Muslims. They need to find allies in the non RSS Hindu factions.

It's primarily the Gujju and BIMARU North Indian who has that psychopathic hate for Muslims. He wants to export his RSS ideology to the South and Bengal but he's not going to be successful because those areas have their own intrinsic reasons for opposing them.

Brahminism can never take hold in Tamil Nadu or Kerala because of the strong Dravidian nationalism which is antagonistic to the North exported TamBram ideology. And the bhakts have already started making their contempt known for "dumeels." The Tamils know this very well.

I don't know about Bengal but the TMC and CPI rule has taken away power from the Muslim hating Shyam Prasad Mukherjees of the 1940s and 1950s. That's why the bhakt greatly despises the "Bong feminists" and "communists." It could swing back to the old ways but I am not so sure about that. WB has a huge Muslim population. It's not going to be so easy. Even Assam has come a long way from the anti Muslim Bodo agitation.

As much as the PDFers like to claim, Sikhs are not anti Muslim. They have formed a wall against the expanse of RSS into the northwest. And the RSS ideology at core is wary of Sikhs and wants to co-opt them as a sect of Hinduism. So not much luck there.

And plus there are large pockets of Christians in the northeast and Odisha Andhra TN belt. Northeast is virtually full Christian now except Assam and Tripura.

Not all Hindus are the enemies of Muslims. They need to find allies in the non RSS Hindu factions.
Very good analysis. 👍
There is hope..

Would love to have your views on the OP.
As Pakistanis our primary interest lies in protecting our nation not only militarily, but also diplomatically from calculated slander.
Do you think Bangladesh will continue to partner with the BJP led government in India in undermining Pakistan in every possible way? My answer is Yes.

The logical conclusion would be a symbolic military participation in Indian aggression against Pakistan. India and Bangladesh have a mutual defense pact ( euphemistically called "Treaty of Peace and Cooperation...").
For domestic political reasons in Bangladesh it will be a great headline grabber to announce Bangladeshi troops in action against Pakistan. Of course India would like nothing better.

A precedence:
When the Indian allied regime in Afghanistan held substantial power India has encouraged it to make limited but provocative military actions on our Western border .
Pakistan's armed forces easily thwarted such attempts, and dealt out a severe punishment to the Afghan Armed forces.,However, it was a psychological discomfort for Pakistan to go into action against a neighbor with which there are close people to people ties.,Back in India the fascist propaganda media has not been able to benefit much from Pakistani Afghan tensions primarily because the Afghan government is weak.

With Bangladesh these factors do not apply. Bangladesh does not have a border with Pakistan so if under Indian patronage it does get involved in a "show and tell" aggression, against Pakistan there are only limited way Pakistan can retaliate against Bangladesh.,
For the record Bangladesh fully backed Indian airstrikes against Pakistan.

There was no comment or official reaction when Pakistan defended itself and shot down intruding Indian aircraft within its territory.
Notice the lukewarm tone of the reporting in the media.

Last edited:
Why would BD will concern? Bangladesh has ZERO factor in any future Pakistan India conflict. A negligible weight which to be considered is only through government statement in favour of India and nothing more than that.
After all at first hand, why we have to consider and weighs BD - we already experienced it, so should not depend upon - once bitten twice shy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom