What's new

The Bangladesh factor in a future Pakistan India conflict.

@Baibars_1260 - FYI Bangladesh does not have Flankers. We have Fulcrums. You really ought to do more research before opening up these discussion threads.

Thanks for catching this. Yes the BAF uses Mig 29 Fulcrums. This was pointed out to me by another member and I tried to edit my post but the edit feature was locked.
I subsequently mentioned Mig 29s in my post below.
we are likely to see a BAF piloted Tejas or Mig 29 over

My knowledge of details of Bangladesh's Armed Forces ( and much of Bangladesh in general ) is extremely limited. I do need to do more research and I do need to educate myself and catch up.

@bluesky
Unfortunately much of the data on Bangladesh is in the Bangla script ( even the web pages are in Bangla ) . I made an extreme effort to learn the script, and have not been successful. The Bangla language script baffles me. It is your vowel sounds and the fact that some consonants are conjoined with a vowel sound that makes reading Bangla so difficult. But I haven't given up. Someday I will have learnt to read the script and master at least the basic words. I am being helped by my West Bengali friends. Meanwhile my love for Bengali music, songs and poetry continues.
@Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8
I am not making more posts on this thread, which is old and could be locked. My prime purpose was to bring to light to my countrymen, the folly of persisting in the delusion of "Islamic brotherhood " ; a delusion that once before has rendered my nation disemboweled and humiliated. By a miracle, the events as they eventually turned out has made my nation far stronger than anyone could have ever imagined. But the threat of falling into the same precipice is still there.
I wish to grab and shake my entire nation and say "NEVER AGAIN". But I am no politician. This forum and thread is one way of showing a small handful of people the real world.

In a small way I have succeeded in smashing the rose tinted glasses being offered by delusional individuals on this forum. I busted every argument that the proponents of "Islamic brotherhood " made by showing the current state of affairs.

Once again:
I have no animosity towards Bangladesh, and its people. I admire Bengali culture, and language in the version ( West Bengali), as I know it. Even though my knowledge of Bangladeshi culture is imperfect. I also realize that Bangladeshi identity is different from West Bengali identity. Bangladeshis are proud of their language, heritage and cultural identity, which I deeply respect.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are two independent sovereign nations with no geographical connections, populated by peoples of completely different ethnic and racial types, different languages, different culture, cuisine and dress. There are no territorial, or any other strategic issues between our nations, and our relationship should be just as normal, cordial and friendly, as our relationships with other nations in the region.

A request ...

Like any nation we Pakistanis do have our own diverse, and beautiful multi-cultural heritage, based on our common language, and the interwoven bonds between our ethnic sub-nationalities ; each with it's own unique language and culture.
We are as proud of our culture and identity, as any sovereign nation would be.

As we acknowledge and respect the national identity of Bangladesh ( and all nations), we don't seek a reciprocal recognition, respect, or even acknowledgement. All we ask is to NOT bring religion into our relationship. We are friendly with China, Nepal, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka without the "brother hood " factor. We even have a tepid cultural connection with India.

Let Bangladesh and Pakistan move forward in peace and friendship as two proud, independent sovereign nations.

Last edited:
With the Bangladeshis militarys current state...def not. India would be easily be able to stop them with just a divison.
It is just the opposite of what you wrote. If BA deploys one division on the border with India, IA will deploy ten divisions to offset the challenge.

Whatever the opening thread assumes, Pakistan and BD both need each other for their own survival. In the case of an India-Pakistan war, IA will not be amused to see BA deployed five divisions on its eastern border.

No military general would take additional risks by assuming BA will not cross the border, especially when BD-Pakistan ties are strong. IA troop deployment in its east will cause IA to deploy a lesser number of its troops on the Pakistan border.

This is why I think BD must mend its relation with Pakistan. This is how both countries can survive a long time.

This is why I think BD must mend its relation with Pakistan. This is how both countries can survive a long time

Great point in the desire for improving relations. But the reason is not for "survival" . Both our nations will or should survive regardless.

More than Pakistan, Bangladesh's future is assured and the only threat is environmental.
Bangladesh has NO outlying issues with any nation, or neighboring state, and should be as neutral a nation like Singapore or Switzerland.

Bangladeshis and Pakistanis should improve our relationship on a "people to people" basis put aside what our governments think.
On a "people to people " basis, the relationship should NEVER ( repeat NEVER). be based on religious affinity.
Our relationship should be based on a mutual exchange of culture and education about each other's identity.
Example :
Bangladeshis should show case their cultural identity at a series of cultural festivals and tours of Pakistani cities of their Baul or Jatra groups. Also their musical groups ( sitar players, Nazrul Geeti singers). The master of ceremonies should introduce the items translating as far as possible into English. West Bengalis do this in India, successfully projecting their culture to a non-Bengali audience and in fact globally .
Likewise Pakistani folk musical and dance groups from the Hunza dancers, Sufi minstrels ( Jugni singers) should be invited and allowed to perform in Bangladesh to represent Pakistan as it is to the average Bangladeshi.
Pakistan does this successfully with Turkey, China, and CAR. Example: Turkish Mehtar bands have learned to play Pakistani tunes. Turkish TV serials are popular in Pakistan. Even with India, officially an enemy nation, there is some tepid cultural contact.

If Turkish TV serials can be dubbed in Urdu, why can't Bengali films sub-titled in English be shown on Pakistan TV ? West Bengali films have been successfully sub-titled to a global audience.

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis should STOP searching for similarities between our peoples ( there are none) , and instead acknowledge, understand, and respect our cultural differences.
If someone would start a separate thread on this I would be happy to contribute.

Great point in the desire for improving relations. But the reason is not for "survival" . Both our nations will or should survive regardless.

More than Pakistan, Bangladesh's future is assured and the only threat is environmental.
Bangladesh has NO outlying issues with any nation, or neighboring state, and should be as neutral a nation like Singapore or Switzerland.

Bangladeshis and Pakistanis should improve our relationship on a "people to people" basis put aside what our governments think.
On a "people to people " basis, the relationship should NEVER ( repeat NEVER). be based on religious affinity.
Our relationship should be based on a mutual exchange of culture and education about each other's identity.
Example :
Bangladeshis should show case their cultural identity at a series of cultural festivals and tours of Pakistani cities of their Baul or Jatra groups. Also their musical groups ( sitar players, Nazrul Geeti singers). The master of ceremonies should introduce the items translating as far as possible into English. West Bengalis do this in India, successfully projecting their culture to a non-Bengali audience and in fact globally .
Likewise Pakistani folk musical and dance groups from the Hunza dancers, Sufi minstrels ( Jugni singers) should be invited and allowed to perform in Bangladesh to represent Pakistan as it is to the average Bangladeshi.
Pakistan does this successfully with Turkey, China, and CAR. Example: Turkish Mehtar bands have learned to play Pakistani tunes. Turkish TV serials are popular in Pakistan. Even with India, officially an enemy nation, there is some tepid cultural contact.

If Turkish TV serials can be dubbed in Urdu, why can't Bengali films sub-titled in English be shown on Pakistan TV ? West Bengali films have been successfully sub-titled to a global audience.

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis should STOP searching for similarities between our peoples ( there are none) , and instead acknowledge, understand, and respect our cultural differences.
If someone would start a separate thread on this I would be happy to contribute.
You must be another Poet Iqbal dreaming too many things on BD-Pakistan relationship when the two countries' relationship is hanging on a thread.

You must be another Poet Iqbal dreaming too many things on BD-Pakistan relationship when the two countries' relationship is hanging on a thread.
Not at all. I am surprised you even know who Iqbal is.
If we can have good relations with Nepal then we can have good "people to people " relations with
Bangladesh.
In fact if I may dare ...be a little intrusive Bangladeshis need to project themselves within the rest of India, not just West Bengal.
A Bangladeshi cultural festival in Delhi would be a good precursor to a similar one in Islamabad.

Instead of looking for non-existent similarities our people should accept the uniqueness of our cultures . Don't you think so ?

Not at all. I am surprised you even know who Iqbal is.
If we can have good relations with Nepal then we can have good "people to people " relations with
Bangladesh.
In fact if I may dare ...be a little intrusive Bangladeshis need to project themselves within the rest of India, not just West Bengal.
A Bangladeshi cultural festival in Delhi would be a good precursor to a similar one in Islamabad.

Instead of looking for non-existent similarities our people should accept the uniqueness of our cultures . Don't you think so ?
You are a cultured person who wants to live in the Mughal era. Our region has lost this soft tradition. People believe in muscle culture and this thread is all about that theme.

Cheers!

You are a cultured person who wants to live in the Mughal era. Our region has lost this soft tradition. People believe in muscle culture and this thread is all about that theme.

Cheers!

You are very funny and always bring an interesting perspective to the topic.

This is an excellent observation.

There isn't going to be war between India and Pakistan. if there is ever a war the question is not what Bangladesh but China will do.

There isn't going to be war between India and Pakistan. if there is ever a war the question is not what Bangladesh but China will do.
You have at least two wrong assumptions:

A) Yuu said, there will be no Pakistan-India war. Perhaps, you know there had been at least 5 wars between them.
1) 1948 invasion of Jammu and Kashmir by Pakistan troops and tribals. India lost about 35% of this territory.
2) War on Rann of Kutch in January 1965.
3) War on Kashmir in August 1965.
4) 1971 war on Bangladesh.
5) May to July 1999 Kargil war.
So, why do you think there will no more be any wars between the two countries?

B) China usually does not interfere either with a country's internal affairs or with any regional warfare except that it interfered in the Korean war of June 1950, but it was only because of the USA involvement.

So, pray, tell us why do you think China will interfere with a future Pakistan-India war? It is possible that PA will take advantage of a warlike situation between China and India, but not China.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom