What's new

The Bangladesh factor in a future Pakistan India conflict.

India is an enemy, I don't see any reason why we would ally with them to fight any 3rd country.

OP needs to use more common sense.

In case of a Indo-Pak-China war, we will always be looking for an opportune time to grab a weakened India by it's chicken's neck. And cooperate with China as much as possible to reverse British colonial legacy.

This thread is a hypothetical circle jerk.

In no way shape or form will Bangladesh be materially be a part of war between India and Pakistan.

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear at this point, for better or worse, Bangladesh prioritizes peace and economic progress over military prowess.

Bangladesh has NOTHING to gain from antagonism towards any party.

Also, granted I personally haven't been to Bangladesh in decades, in my experience, despite any ill feeling towards Pakistan, Bangladeshis will support Pakistan over India.

Non-scientific of course, but you can see this in any India-Pakistan sporting event where Bangladeshi sentiments lay.

In the increasingly hostile environment which is South Asia, it is imperative to foster better relations between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

BJP led India is a common enemy, despite the two nations dealing with it in their widely disparate ways.

Last edited:
This thread is a hypothetical circle jerk.

In no way shape or form will Bangladesh be materially be a part of war between India and Pakistan.

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear at this point, for better or worse, Bangladesh prioritizes peace and economic progress over military prowess.

Bangladesh has NOTHING to gain from antagonism towards any party.

Also, granted I personally haven't been to Bangladesh in decades, in my experience, despite any ill feeling towards Pakistan, Bangladeshis will support Pakistan over India.

Non-scientific of course, but you can see this in any India-Pakistan sporting event where Bangladeshi sentiments lay.

In the increasingly hostile environment which is South Asia, it is imperative to foster better relations between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

BJP led India is a common enemy, despite the two nations dealing with it in their widely disparate ways.
Please refer to the Indo-Bangladesh Mutual "Peace" Treaty also termed as a defense pact in my earlier posts.

Apart from other compulsions listed in my OP on why Bangladesh would join India in a Pakistan -India war the treaty can be invoked by India.

Will Bangladesh abide by the treaty?

India is an enemy, I don't see any reason why we would ally with them to fight any 3rd country.

In case of a Indo-Pak-China war, we will always be looking for an opportune time to grab a weakened India by it's chicken's neck. And cooperate with China as much as possible to reverse British colonial legacy.
Please read the article in the link
below, Bangladesh and India have a mutual defense pact.

Last edited:
Sampriti-19
India Bangladesh military exercises.
India conducts such excercises regularly. There is no other neighboring country with which India has such significant defense relations.. Even Nepal comes a poor second.
Watch the video.

Please refer to the Indo-Bangladesh Mutual "Peace" Treaty also termed as a defense pact in my earlier posts.

Apart from other compulsions listed in my OP on why Bangladesh would join India in a Pakistan -India war the treaty can be invoked by India.

Will Bangladesh abide by the treaty?

Please read the article in the link
below, Bangladesh and India have a mutual defense pact.

The treaty is not worth the paper its written on. BAL signed it and perhaps they will fight for you but judging by history they are not so good at that.

As you get your butt spanked raw by the chinese you can invoke whatever you want. BD also has a defense pact with China.

We will do precisely nothing. No BD politician has the power to order BD millitary to fight on behalf of all things hindutva numbskulls.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever would happen. I am however happy to know that India is so weak in face of the duel chinese pakistani threat that your survival rests on Bangladesh. You made my day, i guess hindus can only be what they are.

Last edited:
The treaty is not worth the paper its written on. BAL signed it and perhaps they will fight for you but judging by history they are not so good at that.
Isn't BAL in power, and likely to remain in power for the foreseeable future? BAL members fought for, and with India in the past and successfully delivered a historic victory, (which India takes most of the credit for).
Unless the treaty is revoked by Bangladesh, or allowed to expire in
2022 it remains in force. If India demands Bangladesh participation in a war, Bangladesh can violate the treaty, and degrade relations with India.
Violation of the treaty in a war would be seen by India as a hostile act. It is highly improbable that Bangladesh under a BAL government would take such a step.

As you get you butt spanked raw by the chinese you can invoke whatever you want. BD also has a defense pact with China.

Could you clarify what exactly are terms of Banglades's defense treaty ( if any) with China?
So far there is no evidence of any such treaty otherwise the Indian media would be commenting on it. However, do provide a link.

We will do precisely nothing. No BD politician has the power to order BD millitary to fight on behalf of all things hindutva numbskulls.

Unrealistic, given the fact that a treaty exists and the BD military is an extremely professional and disciplined force.
Bangladesh forces regularly serve with UN forces globally on agreements that the political leadership of their country have signed. As armed forces of a secular democratic nation which abides by all international treaties and obligations there is no reason to assume that any so called "religious " factor will be an impediment. If the past record is an indication the BD armed forces and their allies have jointly and successfully fought a war together.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever would happen. I am however happy to know that India is so weak in face of the duel chinese pakistani threat that their survival rests on Bangladesh. You made my day, i guess hindus can only be what they are.

India is not weak. It is a significant conventional, and nuclear power. A very likely two front war is of grave concern to India.
In substance, the military support required from Bangladesh by India would be symbolic and moral.
Unlike the last war, this time, the actual contribution of the BD armed forces in fighting India's enemy would be minimal.
However, like the last war it would be a tremendous boost to Indian morale to show the world that India and Bangladesh are once again fighting a common enemy.

Last edited:
Isn't BAL in power, and likely to remain in power for the foseeable future? BAL members fought for and with India in the past and successfully delivered a historic victory (which India takes most of the credit for).
Unless the treaty is revoked by Bangladesh, or allowed to expire in
2022 It remains in force. If India demands Bangladesh participation in a war, Bangladesh can violate the treaty and degrade relations with India. Violation of the treaty in a war would be seen by India as a hostile act. It is highly improbable that Bangladesh under a BAL government would take such a step.

Could you clarify what exactly are terms of Banglades's defense treaty ( if any) with China?
So far there is no evidence of any such treaty otherwise the Indian media would be commenting on it. However, do provide a link.

Unrealistic, given the fact that a treaty exists and the BD military is an extremely professional and disciplined force.
Bangladesh forces regularly serve with UN forces globally on agreements that the political leadership of their country have signed. As armed forces of a secular democratic nation which abides by all international treaties and obligations there is no reason to assume that any so called "religious " factor will be an impediment. If the past record is an indication the BD armed forces and their allies have jointly and successfully fought a war together.

India is not weak. It is a significant conventional, and nuclear power. A very likely two front war is of grave concern to India.
In substance the military support required from Bangladesh for India would be symbolic and moral.
Unlike the last war, the actual contribution of the BD armed forces in fighting India's enemy would be minimal.
However, like the last war it would be a tremendous boost to Indian morale to show the world that India and Bangladesh are once again fighting a common enemy.

Yeah cool cool..... dont worry BD will be there to give you moral support as you get evicerated by superior Chinese and pakistani forces.

You will need us as a back channel to the chinese begging for a way out as you lose the seven sisters and kashmir simultaneously.. we will facilatate that...

Yeah cool cool..... dont worry BD will be there to give you moral support as you get evicerated by superior Chinese and pakistani forces.

You will need us as a back channel to the chinese begging for a way out as you lose the seven sisters and kashmir simultaneously.. we will facilatate that...
Why would India need a back channel to speak to any nation.
Specifically between India, Pakistan , Bangladesh and China, lets look to the only time such back channel talks would have been necessary:

Giving the devil its due, India under Indira Gandhi cut Bangladesh out of the picture, and boldly contacted Pakistan ( even though there were no diplomatic relations) to successfully sign the Simla Agreement.
The backchannel talks for Bangladesh were ironically with China via India where China was blocking Bangladesh's entry into the UN. The deal was made over the condition that India release all Pakistani POWs back to Pakistan. India was least interested in holding on to the POWs but Bangladesh wanted "war crimes" trials. Eventually due to back channel deals not a single Pakistani soldier or officer was sent back to Bangladesh to face trial,
Bangladesh made it into the UN .

So those back channel deals don't always work as expected.

Last edited:
Who will discuss the intelligence piece?
Mukti Bahani succeeded only through a robust intelligence system made possible.

Bangladesh as a country will choose India. Bangladeshis as people would always choose themselves.

The argument of brethren in faith has no relevance in Pak Bangla affairs.
haq baat .

Why would India need a back channel to speak to any nation.
Specifically between India, Pakistan , Bangladesh and China, lets look to the only time such back channel talks would have been necessary:

Giving the devil its due, India under Indira Gandhi cut Bangladesh out of the picture, and boldly contacted Pakistan ( even though there were no diplomatic relations) to successfully sign the Simla Agreement.
The backchannel talks for Bangladesh were ironically with China via India where China was blocking Bangladesh's entry into the UN. The deal was made over the condition that India release all Pakistani POWs back to Pakistan. India was least interested in holding on to the POWs but Bangladesh wanted "war crimes" trials. Eventually due to back channel deals not a single Pakistani soldier or officer was sent back to Bangladesh to face trial,
Bangladesh made it into the UN .

So those back channel deals don't always work as expected.

Good luck then... so how is it going? When are you recovering the land you are loosing on a daily basis to the chinese?

Good luck then... so how is it going? When are you recovering the land you are loosing on a daily basis to the chinese?
I keep answering your very unintelligent questions and diverted
narratives .
Anyway let me answer your questions:
(Old proverb: A fool can ask more questions than 10 wisemen can answer).

Answer:

India is not recovering any land lost from China or Pakistan both during the recent actions in Ladakh and during earlier conflicts. Neither India has made that claim nor has China, acknowledged any shift in the LAC since September 2020. There may have been some minor shifts by a few hundred meters, hyped up.
Land is not being lost on a "daily " basis. There are intermittent troop movements and the significant loss of Indian ( or rather LAC designated) territory was between April and June 2020.
Having said that Bangladesh recently lost territory to India when Agartala airport in Tripura unilaterally extended its runway 300 m into Bangladesh and the Bangladesh Border Guards were twiddling their thumbs,
The runway was extended.
The report below is dated:

I am almost 90% certain OP is a Kolkata Bengali false flagger, no offense. I will apologize if I'm wrong of course. I have already taken the step to 'ignore' him a week or so ago, when he started this thread. Don't want to waste my time with a person who may be a false flagger and whatever load of BS they are trying to push.

His pointless half-truths and narratives are only meant to drive a wedge between Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, intended or not. This is the standard MO of a BJP/RSS Hindutva Indian.

Up to PDF Pakistanis to smell his 'genuineness', in whatever fashion they wish to determine...

His accounts of 'insider' Bengali culture and Bangla litterateurs/writers/journalists are too much to understand for any Urdu-speaker Pakistani unless they were born in either Bangladesh or India. Snooty attitude reminiscent of an over-educated Kolkata Baboo.

Last edited:
I am almost 90% certain OP is a Kolkata Bengali false flagger, no offense. I will apologize if I'm wrong of course. I have already taken the step to 'ignore' him a week or so ago, when he started this thread. Don't want to waste my time with a person who may be a false flagger and whatever load of BS they are trying to push.

His pointless half-truths and narratives are only meant to drive a wedge between Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, intended or not. This is the standard MO of a BJP/RSS Hindutva Indian.

Up to PDF Pakistanis to smell his 'genuineness', in whatever fashion they wish to determine...

His accounts of 'insider' Bengali culture and Bangla litterateurs/writers/journalists are too much to understand for any Urdu-speaker Pakistani unless they were born in either Bangladesh or India. Snooty attitude reminiscent of an over-educated Kolkata Baboo.

Gonna have to agree with you here.

Something smells like Shutki with that one.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom