What's new

The Ball is in your Court Sir

Sir, why dont you use your brain? Delays are only accepted if:

- The individual was away due to service reason on a bonafide duty that too sanctioned by MS Branch GHQ, being on leave or showing beghariti doesnt count.

- The first bill is delayed by the MES itself for the reasons already mentioned by me, the bills that follows are issued and paid up regularity, although you dont necessarily pay May's bill in June. You may be paying the May's bill July, June's bill in August and so on.

So no 'enjoyment' here. Use your skull.

Why would it be exempted? It's the same. Are you really that stupid?

It is true that the majority of the circular debt problem is due to the private and civilian sectors, but the government and military have their own share of contributing to the problem.

It is true that the majority of the circular debt problem is due to the private and civilian sectors, but the government and military have their own share of contributing to the problem.

And i shall once again say:
Bravo!
Aap ko asal baat samjh lag he gaye... taalian!!

Baray baray baystay daikhay, magar teray jaisa nahi, boss. :tup:

because its a black hole, The amount of corruption in that is unprecedented too.. but thankfully there are still capable people in it.
yet , pointless procurement at inflated costs.. kickbacks.. are the order of the day and all from top to bottom in these organizations.

note the word "some". military is not all clean but there is something to show.
you are a second Pakistani who has dared to question the chinese items, first was Saad rafique who was talking about trash raiway engines from China.
no wonder the terrorists always save their ammo for the real assets of PAF and PN and dont waste their time on chinese stuff (forgive me for my blasphemy everyone)

And i shall once again say:

Baray baray baystay daikhay, magar teray jaisa nahi, boss. :tup:

Thank you. It is amusing to see the TT Vice-Chair resort to personal insults. I shall, however, not respond to that at all except that I recognize and respect your wisdom and izzat.

Back to the topic, the financial process of the military are indeed better than elsewhere in Pakistan, although far from the required standards. As they say, andhon mein kana raja.

As the OP suggested, surrendering any amount of money from the bad to the worse, will not solve anything. If any changes are being contemplated, moving money from where it is managed in the worst possible ways (civil), to merely the bad (military), is the way to go.

Perhaps handing over the power sector to the military would be a good step.

Thank you. It is amusing to see the TT Vice-Chair resort to personal insults. I shall, however, not respond to that at all except that I recognize and respect your wisdom and izzat.

Back to the topic, the financial process of the military are indeed better than elsewhere in Pakistan, although far from the required standards. As they say, andhon mein kana raja.

As the OP suggested, surrendering any amount of money from the bad to the worse, will not solve anything. If any changes are being contemplated, moving money from where it is managed in the worst possible ways (civil), to merely the bad (military), is the way to go.

Perhaps handing over the power sector to the military would be a good step.

Nah.

Let's give at least 1 year to the newly elected government.

No need for any infighting at PDF, or finger pointing at our army. especially when they are sacrificing so much to keep things a bit under control against the war on Mollahs and Ayatullahs.

Thank you

returning the allocated money would be 'symbolic' and it will shut the gutter press for once and all for stating that the defence budget is 'sapping the economy' - many other things also need to improve / change for things to get better. that is clear to everyone who want the economy to get on the right track. the idea was to press the General to take action on his words....

if you dont agree then come up with your own ideas....

i'm glad most people are agreeing with the idea.....and it has created / started a dialogue.

returning the allocated money would be 'symbolic' and it will shut the gutter press for once and all for stating that the defence budget is 'sapping the economy' - many other things also need to improve / change for things to get better. that is clear to everyone who want the economy to get on the right track. the idea was to press the General to take action on his words....

Remember the symbolism when Gen Kayani rejected CSF money saying that the Army did not need it? All that was quietly credited as a year-end adjustment. So what good does symbolism do when reality intrudes?

I would suggest that my idea is more workable. The Army does indeed do a better job of management for its tasks compared to the civilian government. Let them be given authority over the power sector to whip it back into shape.

Nah.

Let's give at least 1 year to the newly elected government.

No need for any infighting at PDF, or finger pointing at our army. especially when they are sacrificing so much to keep things a bit under control against the war on Mollahs and Ayatullahs.

Thank you

I am in no rush to judge the new government, and I am not fighting with anybody or pointing fingers at anyone.

This is just an open-ended discussion as far as I am concerned.

i'm glad most people are agreeing with the idea.....and it has created / started a dialogue.

Pakistan military is one organization that is keeping Pakistan from becoming another Islamist hell not too different from somalia or worse Afghanistan.

Our so called gutter press (aka Commie Leftie press) will never be satisfied until they drag Pakistan down to the gutter.

So let these commie lefties continue barking.

We have much bigger issues to deal with.

Peace

Remember the symbolism when Gen Kayani rejected CSF money saying that the Army did not need it? All that was quietly credited as a year-end adjustment. So what good does symbolism do when reality intrudes?

I would suggest that my idea is more workable. The Army does indeed do a better job of management for its tasks compared to the civilian government. Let them be given authority over the power sector to whip it back into shape.

I am in no rush to judge the new government, and I am not fighting with anybody or pointing fingers at anyone.

This is just an open-ended discussion as far as I am concerned.

sorry mate the western world would call this 'intrusion' in the democratic process even if the army whips it back into shape...let the army do its 'own' work for which it was raised...

our army needs some smart marketeers to do their PR esp. for cases like the CSF funds - ISPR is not cutting it at all

sorry mate the western world would call this 'intrusion' in the democratic process even if the army whips it back into shape...let the army do its 'own' work for which it was raised...

Well, the hand over can be amply covered as "Aid to Civilian Authority" by legally sanctioned request as allowed in the Constitution.

What I fear is that the problems are mounting from all sides in such a rapid fashion that we are in real danger of being overwhelmed by it all. Nobody will want to step in to clear the mess, any of it, claiming it is somebody else's responsibility.

.... The Army does indeed do a better job of management for its tasks compared to the civilian government. Let them be given authority over the power sector to whip it back into shape.

Power sector issue can be broken down into two. And let's see if Army can really help.

1. Not enough power is produced
2. Too much power is stolen / not paid for.

With #1, army can't do much. You can always higher a an ex-army general as a CEO of power control board. But that's about it.

With #2, regional power boards should be privatized or made more accountable. Army doesn't have enough engineers and linemen to fix the theft. The only thing possible is to appoint a Marshal Law admin in each of the regional power companies.

Here is a specific example.

You think KESC should be given to Rangers or Army to control or manage?

peace

our army needs some smart marketeers to do their PR esp. for cases like the CSF funds - ISPR is not cutting it at all

That is an important observation Sir.

Bad sey badnaam buraa.

The Army is losing this war of perceptions and it needs to step up its game of public engagement in a positive way.

note the word "some". military is not all clean but there is something to show.
you are a second Pakistani who has dared to question the chinese items, first was Saad rafique who was talking about trash raiway engines from China.
no wonder the terrorists always save their ammo for the real assets of PAF and PN and dont waste their time on chinese stuff (forgive me for my blasphemy everyone)

You get what you pay for!:D

Well, the hand over can be amply covered as "Aid to Civilian Authority" by legally sanctioned request as allowed in the Constitution.

What I fear is that the problems are mounting from all sides in such a rapid fashion that we are in real danger of being overwhelmed by it all. Nobody will want to step in to clear the mess, any of it, claiming it is somebody else's responsibility.

the word i wanted to use was 'overbearing army' - in theory u r right but the army's hands are full with the militancy.

That is an important observation Sir.

Bad sey badnaam buraa.

The Army is losing this war of perceptions and it needs to step up its game of public engagement in a positive way.

bingo.....!!!!

the word i wanted to use was 'overbearing army' - in theory u r right but the army's hands are full with the militancy.

Fighting the militancy is not just the military's problem. Unless we all pitch in and do our parts, it cannot be defeated by the Army alone. Witness the operation in Swat, which was successful in clearing the militants, but is now failing simply because the people are being let down again by the failures of civil government in providing for the basics of life. What is happening in Baluchistan is a real danger if it escalates.

Back
Top Bottom