What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

So finally they admit 1 is destroyed!!!!!!! and people here finally go quiet!!!

I however, feel they are STILL UNDERSTATING THEIR LOSSES!!!!

been almost 5 months and i have NOT seen or heard about any SAAB in the air! even in saffron bandit we didn't see SAABs participating! we saw the ZDKs!

more than one was destroyed....its time pakistan STOPS UNDER STATING!

So finally they admit 1 is destroyed!!!!!!! and people here finally go quiet!!!

I however, feel they are STILL UNDERSTATING THEIR LOSSES!!!!

been almost 5 months and i have NOT seen or heard about any SAAB in the air! even in saffron bandit we didn't see SAABs participating! we saw the ZDKs!

more than one was destroyed....its time pakistan STOPS UNDER STATING!

I will not argue on your point ...you have your opinion ...but i am more wondering about what happened with the news that appeared initially claiming some sharpenel hitting il-78 as a result damaging it too upto a certain extent

I will not argue on your point ...you have your opinion ...but i am more wondering about what happened with the news that appeared initially claiming some sharpenel hitting il-78 as a result damaging it too upto a certain extent

IL-78 was nowhere near the Saab. It was on the the side of the runway, to the north. A good 1500m away if not more.

IL-78 was nowhere near the Saab. It was on the the side of the runway, to the north. A good 1500m away if not more.

but the news that came out after the attack mentioned il-78 was somewhere parked near erieye and received sharpenels ...also if you remember there was a news stating there were more than two erieyes stationed in kamra on the day of attack and one of them was airborne ...why that was the case if true coz usually there are two erieyes stationed in kamra why the number was higher just on the day of attack...if thats true than no denying the fact there was some huge huge insider support that too at a higher level ......newbe cant have such influence

but the news that came out after the attack mentioned il-78 was somewhere parked near erieye and received sharpenels ...also if you remember there was a news stating there were more than two erieyes stationed in kamra on the day of attack and one of them was airborne ...

It was all confusion at that time. PAF mumbled up it's statements, media got something else, and then the IL-78 was in plain sight, it was exactly at the place where media was stationed. The Saabs were on the other side, and that area was cordoned off so no line of sight. Media drew quick conclusions then later corrected it.

why that was the case if true coz usually there are two erieyes stationed in kamra why the number was higher just on the day of attack...if thats true than no denying the fact there was some huge huge insider support that too at a higher level ......newbe cant have such influence

Yes, there is no denying that there was inside support.

there were only 2 Saab stationed that night right?
No, IL-78 tanker was not destroyed or damaged, as stated by other member it wasn't even close,
They tried to access JFT plant but by that time QRF was deployed, and they were held off by the security.
Plus the main target was Saab, hence without any hesitation Saab hanger was attacked first, and enough time was spent their to ensure the damage has been done. :coffee: :coffee:

It was all confusion at that time. PAF mumbled up it's statements, media got something else, and then the IL-78 was in plain sight, it was exactly at the place where media was stationed. The Saabs were on the other side, and that area was cordoned off so no line of sight. Media drew quick conclusions then later corrected it.

Yes, there is no denying that there was inside support.
Exactly, in rush to score points these news channel couldn't even see properly, the smoke shown was actually coming from Saab hanger.

They tried to access JFT plant but by that time QRF was deployed, and they were held off by the security.

The initial resistance by the DSG also played a big part in thwarting their plans to go to the JFT line and into PAC area.

The initial resistance by the DSG also played a big part in thwarting their plans to go to the JFT line and into PAC area.

That area has heavy security because of chinese engineer presence .
I still don't understand why no importance was given to saab security, were they not assets

what a shame, that he escaped
and even more shameful that he might find supporters and sympathisers among his family & general public.

He escaped becuase of general anti Musharraf hate among indinas, they organised it via their operations branch in govt. of Pakistan.

No way one man can beat a state on its own and not to mention, judiciary and IK and his blind followers on this forum are the biggest supporter of terrorists.

This is just a theory. In hindsight, we could possibly deduce the actual extent of the damage at Kamra from the fate of Air Commodore Muhammad Azam, the base commander who was wounded in the attack. He was leading from the front; in fact actually fighting.

From my first hand experience of how large organizations function, and second hand experience of professional armies, minimal damage at Kamra could be reflected in awards and/ or promotion to Air Commodore Azam. In short, he will be seen as the wounded, heroic, saviour. The blame for any omission in base security would be likely not be put at his door, not fully.

Significant damage to assets at Kamra would be reflected in not only no awards to Azam but also his career stalling. He could even be shunted out quietly a few months on. PAF will be asking the obvious questions - how did they get through? Who is responsible?, etc. In this scenario his being wounded would possibly have saved him from being sacked.

So, people- how is Air Commodore Muhammad Azam doing these days? :coffee:

Dude, you get me wrong.. And you just answered why that aircraft was needed.. Though In your post that I answered, you implied that the remaining planes were enough for Pakistan's need..

and personal attacks do reflect incompetence :)

It's a waste of time to argue on something not even arge-worthy

And I wasn't personally "attacking" you either dude

Totally destroyed, anyways next time anything coming from PAF senior official must be taken with pinch of salt.

they should not cover up or lie to nation...it would have been much better to tell the nation that one Saab Erieye destroyed or also the reason of plane crashes. I feel sad about PAF....

Back
Top Bottom