What's new

The Americans wonder: Why Did India Put Aging MiG-21 Jets on the Front Lines With Pakistan?

That is not what the OP suggests. He is claiming that India didn't use its best fighters. Even though he contradicts his own argument by quoting a third person who claims that Su-30 and Mirage 2000 fighters were used.
Mig21s were used as baits and were part of IAF strategy, but it backfired , Su30s got scared after one Su30 was shot down and all Indian jets fled the scene for their life, but poor Abiganda was left to taste the tea.

Indian government need some excuse to purchase arms from all around the world to fill the pocket of their corrupt politicians. Mig 21 is there for reason when they crash due to any technical problem they will blame previous Congress government of not taking defence seriously thus making them look bad infront of their guliable people and then filling their own pockets by kickbacks.
Americans need India to buy more weapons especially from them. It's good for their business. So they will do anything to get in their good graces.

Because they know we're going to take their planes down anyway. So Mig-21 down is both less humiliation and less costly.

Hi,

Putting the mig21 upfront was a successful ploy by the indians---.

Now they know what they are up against---and how they can make ammends.

Hi,

Putting the mig21 upfront was a successful ploy by the indians---.

Now they know what they are up against---and how they can make ammends.

Technically no they dont as on both sides upgrades are being done.

Let's filter through the usual American BS and focus on the more relevant points. The American source is renowned for being in bed with Hindustan. Although it has gone pretty far by giving shoddy Indian claims some credibility.

This is a gem LOL: These jets are old, but can still kill. Perhaps India was saving its best fighters for another day?

Ludicrous Americans sucking Indian boots dry.
National Interests is famous to write against India. It is clearly anti India web.

Let's filter through the usual American BS and focus on the more relevant points. The American source is renowned for being in bed with Hindustan. Although it has gone pretty far by giving shoddy Indian claims some credibility.

This is a gem LOL: These jets are old, but can still kill. Perhaps India was saving its best fighters for another day?

Ludicrous Americans sucking Indian boots dry.

saving best fighters for another day?...lol

then what were 4 Su-30s doing that day?... and why could not shoot down even a mirage III?...

National Interests is famous to write against India. It is clearly anti India web.
Bruh one of their editors, Dave Mujumndar is Indian and always writes about how good Indian weapons are. I remember one especially outlandish article where he claimed India had developed new world-class indigenous superalloys even though their materials and gas turbine industry is virtually non existent. National Interest tends to trash on China and Iran the most and lavishes a lot of ridiculous praise on Russia for whatever reason.
The Mig-21 is fun to fly, no two Mig-21 is the same, no computer, no bitching Betty,no limiters and so within the IAF a Mig-21 seat is highly sought after. The IAF believe the Mig-21 due to its small size can sneak close enough undetected guided by AWACS to surprise modern adversaries a-la Cope India. The logic was sound, if the USAF F-15's were vulnerable then why not the PAF F-16. But, I guess the F-15's were not playing for the win @Cope India and the IAF fell for the we couldn't detect a 60's metal bird story. :lol:

https://theaviationist.com/2014/05/02/cope-india-2004-results/
Mig 21 can still definitely hold its own pretty well in WVR combat ... but against an enemy with proper BVR and AWAC capabilities, they should be shot down way before that.

Low understanding of professional air forces. MiG21 will do its role as long as it's in the inventory and is maintained. Always the first to give chase across the border.

india is very poor country in reality with their majority of young population wish to immigrate to foreign countries for better life due to high joblessness rate and low wages and poor standard of life

When I play Age of Empires, I also send my soldiers and equipment with low level and low HP to fight in useless fronts while keeping the best for the stronger front.

Perhaps try to save for more humiliation in case “the best” one shot-down by small opponent ... tho still humiliated in the world... oh i remember “best” awarded with most funniest thingy “Dodger” lol.... A small opponent slapped in the broad day light and you dun even dare to react at the same time and after... the “besties” sent in the dark night however, buzzz-out from the skies after seeing opponents who were coming for the A2A engagement... also, so-called “best” remain in shelters when “stronger front” entered, captured your land and killed your peeps @ Ladakh...

All i can say keep ur best in your ***!

Last edited:
india is very poor country in reality with their majority of young population wish to immigrate to foreign countries for better life due to high joblessness rate and low wages and poor standard of life
Hence they sent MIG21...

India spending 250 million dollars per plane on the Rafael purchase shows that it does not give any second thoughts on defense spending ... if anything they got robbed by the French in broad daylight. Do you think those concerns even entered the Indian politicians' minds when they signed the terms of purchase?
Perhaps try to save for more humiliation in case “the best” one shot-down by small opponent ... tho still humiliated in the world... oh i remember “best” awarded with most funniest thingy “Dodger” lol.... A small opponent slapped in the broad day light and you dun even dare to react at the same time and after... the “besties” sent in the dark night however, buzzz-out from the skies after seeing opponents who were coming for the A2A engagement... also, so-called “best” remain in shelters when “stronger front” entered, captured your land and killed your peeps @ Ladakh...

All i can say keep ur best in your ***!
Funny how that poster referred to Pakistan as "the useless" front even though the PAF has kicked the IAF's butt in every single major conflict. Even our Chuck Yeager can attest to the superiority of the PAF over the IAF.

Back
Top Bottom