What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Super Lynx MK 140
dzarmy 12 5 15 Mkiii sperlynx.jpg

Paratroopers
dzarmy 12 5 15 para dz.jpg

@aliaselin
New infos put the aquisition of the SHTIL-1, by the Algerian navy were not destined to equip the C28A, but the corvette Tigr that apparently has ordered and is in advanced construction.

Did Algeria commissioned Tigr corvettes?

A trivial incident reported by Russian news agencies revealed that Algeria not only sought Russian corvettes Tigr, but one of them is actually in an advanced construction phase.

A fire , yesterday on a ship under construction, at the Svernaya Verf shipyard in St. Petersburg, reported by Tass and RIA Novosti news agencies , with pictures of the build, was for Algeria. The fire that did not cause any significant structural damage , killed a worker and injured six others.

Pictures of the the vessel being built, as as shown by the reporting news agency dismisses any GBJ ships being upgraded, since Algeria's three Nanushka were overhauled in this shipyard, as well as the Koni's have all regained t their home ports in Algeria.

In addition, photos of illustrations used by both Russian news agencies , indicate that this could be a Steregushchy Class Corvette (Tigr). Other information published last week tends to confirm this hypothesis.

The order by Algeria's anti air defense system navy Shtil-1, officially confirmed by the manufacturer, raised the question of the usefulness of this system of vertical silos, old Algerian naval vessels are not equipped to receive this system. All new acquisitions are already equipped with anti-aircraft defense weaponry(of South African, Chinese or Western make..).

Informations, trikling out from the last signed arms deal between Russia and Algeria called from two to six stealth corvettes Tigr.

This is the first time that tangible indications confirm a this information.

menadefence.net

Last edited:
Recent photo of the Meko 200 AN. To be delivered in the next couple weeks
dzarmy 12 7 15 meko 200 an recent.jpg

Ouargla AFB 2015
dzarmy 12 7 15 tam south.jpg

Mechria AFB 2015
dzarmy 12 7 15 yak 130.jpg

@aliaselin ,

Apparently , China, Algeria and South Africa are negociating a partnership for a helicopter, UAV, project. Can you dig a little in your side?

@aliaselin ,

Apparently , China, Algeria and South Africa are negociating a partnership for a helicopter, UAV, project. Can you dig a little in your side?
I think I have publish the news here about one year ago, but I don't know South Africa has joined in.

Any plans to buy Armed Drones from China ?
Algeria has been using the CH-4 for several years and have been very active in her eastern border .

Stealthy multirole Tigr corvette
dzarmy 12 10 15 multirole corvette tigr.jpg3.jpg
dzarmy 12 10 15 multirole corvette tigr.jpg
dzarmy 12 10 15 multirole corvette tigr.jpg1.jpg
dzarmy 12 10 15 multirole corvette tigr.jpg2.jpg

Tough to be among the best
dzarmy 12 10 12 fs in training.jpg

dzarmy 12 10 12 fs in training.jpg2.jpg

Algerian Armed forces: achievements and challenges
[video]

Last edited:
images

@Ceylal I think its time Algeria should replace its Gun with new AK-12
I am sure they have some options in field trials, but the AK 47 or variants will be dominating in equipping Algerian armed forces. Specialized corps are equipped with different weaponry depending on the situation at hand.

Back
Top Bottom