w0s0n6.jpg
55nqz6.jpg
976yrd.jpg
2a5g3dy.jpg
k4dv11.jpg
ml019g.jpg
j6mnn7.jpg
35n6cxx.jpg

This is not the Sister ship of the C28a ...it's the first of the 2 MEKO 200AN Frigates that are being built in TKMS Kiel shipyard in Germany for the Algerian Navy.
The C28a Corvettes are numbered 920, 921, 922 and they are now designated as "Adhafer" class.

General definition:
A sister ship is a ship of the same class as, or of virtually identical design to, another ship. Such vessels share a near-identical hull and superstructure layout, similar displacement, and roughly comparable features and equipment.

When all three will be handed over to Algerian Navy ?

The C28A in Malaysian port
She is manned by 120 Algerian navy crewmen
dzarmy 10 7 15 C28 A toward home.jpg layover in malaysian port...jpg
dzarmy 10 7 15 C28 A toward home.jpg layover in malaysian port...jpg1.jpg
dzarmy 10 7 15 C28 A toward home.jpg layover in malaysian port...jpg2.jpg

As for three more I think they are confirmed and also two MEKO 200 will be build in Algeria. I can see really powerful Algerian Military in near future.
I think the goal of Algeria is to create 3 battle group in order to have a better hold on South and South eastern of the Mediterranean sea to protect her interest .The area is rich in gas and petroleum and that would create a lot of friction between countries of the area as we are seeing it now..
The contract with Germany is around $ 14 B, and the two MEKO's to be built in Algeria are more likely to be achieved since the Germans have already furnished the needed equipment, as well as the Chinese for the remaing 3 C28 A.

The C28A in Malaysian port
She is manned by 120 Algerian navy crewmen
View attachment 263255 View attachment 263256 View attachment 263257

I think the goal of Algeria is to create 3 battle group in order to have a better hold on South and South eastern of the Mediterranean sea to protect her interest .The area is rich in gas and petroleum and that would create a lot of friction between countries of the area as we are seeing it now..
The contract with Germany is around $ 14 B, and the two MEKO's to be built in Algeria are more likely to be achieved since the Germans have already furnished the needed equipment, as well as the Chinese for the remaing 3 C28 A.
"South eastern of the Mediterranean"? ... I hope you mean South (western) Mediterranean because Algeria has no ambitions in the eastern Mediterranean....it's not our sphere of influence and furthermore that would clash with our policies of non-intervention .....
As for the additional 2 MEKO 200?, I yet to see any indications to confirm the taking of the option..... all I hear is speculations and wishful thinking statements on various forums....but nothing substantial.
Even Mers el Kebir remains more or less as it was ....if there was a program for building the Mekos domestically one would expect thinsg to be moving much faster..... I even hear some even speculate that the Chinese will take on the Job of renovating Mers el kebir ?.... God knows

"South eastern of the Mediterranean"? ... I hope you mean South (western) Mediterranean because Algeria has no ambitions in the eastern Mediterranean....it's not our sphere of influence and furthermore that would clash with our policies of non-intervention .....
I meant South Eastern, it will be the zone of conflicts of the decades to come and the Algerian navy will be active there as she is today..
As for the additional 2 MEKO 200?, I yet to see any indications to confirm the taking of the option..... all I hear is speculations and wishful thinking statements on various forums....but nothing substantial.
Forums are not a source
Even Mers el Kebir remains more or less as it was ....if there was a program for building the Mekos domestically one would expect thinsg to be moving much faster..... I even hear some even speculate that the Chinese will take on the Job of renovating Mers el kebir ?.... God knows
Mers El Kebir has an ongoing renovation for the past decade ...

I meant South Eastern, it will be the zone of conflicts of the decades to come and the Algerian navy will be active there as she is today..

Forums are not a source

Mers El Kebir has an ongoing renovation for the past decade ...
I have to disagree....Algeria has no interest to play any role in the east Mediterranean, there are major players in that region such as Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Greece.... we have no interests to protect in that part of the world except perhaps our solidarity with the Palestinian cause and relations with Egypt, Turkey..
Algeria's role is in the western Mediterranean and all our Navy will be engaged to protect our coastal region.
Don't forget that our constitution forbids us from engaging our army outside our country.
....As for the option for 2 more Mekos.... there are no confirmation as yet ...so wait and see..
And you're right forums aren't reliable sources ....and our ministry of defense follows a policy of secrecy .....
Therefore where are the sources that confirm 2 more Mekos? .... Secretdifa3 speculations?....
...Mers el Kebir only received cosmetic improvement in only half of the base!... however there is no new infrastructure to suggest that they are going to build a Meko.... nothing at all.

I have to disagree....Algeria has no interest to play any role in the east Mediterranean, there are major players in that region such as Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Greece.... we have no interests to protect in that part of the world except perhaps our solidarity with the Palestinian cause and relations with Egypt, Turkey..
Algeria's role is in the western Mediterranean and all our Navy will be engaged to protect our coastal region.
Don't forget that our constitution forbids us from engaging our army outside our country.
....As for the option for 2 more Mekos.... there are no confirmation as yet ...so wait and see..
And you're right forums aren't reliable sources ....and our ministry of defense follows a policy of secrecy .....
Therefore where are the sources that confirm 2 more Mekos? .... Secretdifa3 speculations?....
...Mers el Kebir only received cosmetic improvement in only half of the base!... however there is no new infrastructure to suggest that they are going to build a Meko.... nothing at all.
As for Mediterranean the role I see for Algeria is when entire Muslim world decides to liberate Palestine. Sooner or later this would have to be done, until the issue of Palestine is not resolved no peace can come in entire world. Palestine issue and Jerusalem is the key to world peace.

As for Mediterranean the role I see for Algeria is when entire Muslim world decides to liberate Palestine. Sooner or later this would have to be done, until the issue of Palestine is not resolved no peace can come in entire world. Palestine issue and Jerusalem is the key to world peace.
I totally agree.... Israel is the source of destabilisation of the middle east and the wider region, that problem can only can only be solved with a shift in global power and unity of the Arab/Muslim world.

mig 29s
392553mig.jpg

ex mig29smt
7164891-10987344.jpg
we can see the hump of SMT (fuel tank and electronic systems)

Back
Top Bottom