What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

test in algeria
BMPT Terminator

bmpt3.jpg

bmpt1.jpg

bmpt2.jpg

I would expect more for my 6 Billion like some other users here. Maybe the maintance cost of soviet/russian Weapon Systems are much higher then the maintance cost of western systems? Any chance that the Algerian Armed Forces switch to US/France Systems in the future?

I would expect more for my 6 Billion like some other users here. Maybe the maintance cost of soviet/russian Weapon Systems are much higher then the maintance cost of western systems? Any chance that the Algerian Armed Forces switch to US/France Systems in the future?

It is not $6B, it is close to $10B...Efficient army's cost a lot of money to maintain on a high level of readiness and to equip with the best that is out there. Switch to an exclusive western defence System, it unlikely. Since Western governments have always some string attached with the use of their equipments.

It is not $6B, it is close to $10B...Efficient army's cost a lot of money to maintain on a high level of readiness and to equip with the best that is out there. Switch to an exclusive western defence System, it unlikely. Since Western governments have always some string attached with the use of their equipments.

Mr we have around 7 Billion dollars how you come you have 10 billion dollars Mr and we try to use world best equipment

Mr we have around 7 Billion dollars how you come you have 10 billion dollars Mr and we try to use world best equipment
Our soldiers are paid better, better equipped, with better state of readiness, plus in the 7 borders we have 6 are unstable.

Our soldiers are paid better, better equipped, with better state of readiness, plus in the 7 borders we have 6 are unstable.

Mr we are doing the same but it seems in Algeria lot of money is being wasted in corruption

Mr we are doing the same but it seems in Algeria lot of money is being wasted in corruption

Algeria is not Pakistan or Saudi Arabia...Algeria doesn't use middlemen. It's state to state negotiations. Beside you have only one border that you consider volatile [which is not], the other one with afghanistan is of your own making...Sorry to say that Algerian army's equipment is a lot more lethal than what used by the Pakistani defence forces, hence more expensive to acquire, to maintain and to man with highly qualified personnel.

Algeria is not Pakistan or Saudi Arabia...Algeria doesn't use middlemen. It's state to state negotiations. Beside you have only one border that you consider volatile [which is not], the other one with afghanistan is of your own making...Sorry to say that Algerian army's equipment is a lot more lethal than what used by the Pakistani defence forces, hence more expensive to acquire, to maintain and to man with highly qualified personnel.
That has far more chances of corruption than any other means man we are have Mr we are operating 11 Frigates 7 Submarines many missile boats and around 500 Fighter jets and many thousans Tanks and Artillery and APC and an army of 550000 and you want to tell me not even half of these and you need 10 billion dollars I love Algeria and Algerians and I can clearly see hell of money is going in corruption Mr

@Ceylal

Algeria is not Pakistan or Saudi Arabia...Algeria doesn't use middlemen. It's state to state negotiations.

Corruption exists everywhere. It is in human nature, the degree of it may vary from one state to another, but still, corruption exists.

What about the Russians who scammed you with the MiG-29s deal? I'm sure that Algeria wasn't particularly about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has far more chances of corruption than any other means man we are have Mr we are operating 11 Frigates 7 Submarines many missile boats and around 500 Fighter jets and many thousans Tanks and Artillery and APC and an army of 550000 and you want to tell me not even half of these and you need 10 billion dollars I love Algeria and Algerians and I can clearly see hell of money is going in corruption Mr
You can collect those items, like Kaddaffy collected his and they showed their limitations when they were needed. Your military projections are a lot different than ours, so we have a different ideas on how to equip and train our forces. For the corruption , you talk like it was an Algerian invention..Sorry pal, The Algerian army does not use intermediaries hence less commissions to third parties, which open door to corruption. In the only instance of corruption in the saga of the MIG 29SMT's contract, Algeria reacted and forced the Russians to take them back. On the other hand, your saga with the french submarine, you tried to kill the story by bombing the evidence...
You can have 500 fighters are they better than let say the Indian fighters? I don't think so..Are they better than the one in the Algerian arsenal, I don't think so either, same goes with the tanks, frigates and submarines...

@Ceylal

What about the Russians who scammed you with the MiG-29s deal? I'm sure that Algeria wasn't particularly about it.

That what I was telling our friend Zarvan...That he talks about corruption like it was an Algerian invention and I mentioned the particular case of the SMT's and the Algerian reaction. Corruption exist everywhere but it is less prevalent when intermediaries are kept out the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
That what I was telling our friend Zarvan...That he talks about corruption like it was an Algerian invention and I mentioned the particular case of the SMT's and the Algerian reaction. Corruption exist everywhere but it is less prevalent when intermediaries are kept out the loop.

I guess I couldn't agree more. But, I would argue that the intermediaries aren't the only ones who take the cakes! Corruption may come from the very political elites.

You can collect those items, like Kaddaffy collected his and they showed their limitations when they were needed. Your military projections are a lot different than ours, so we have a different ideas on how to equip and train our forces. For the corruption , you talk like it was an Algerian invention..Sorry pal, The Algerian army does not use intermediaries hence less commissions to third parties, which open door to corruption. In the only instance of corruption in the saga of the MIG 29SMT's contract, Algeria reacted and forced the Russians to take them back. On the other hand, your saga with the french submarine, you tried to kill the story by bombing the evidence...
You can have 500 fighters are they better than let say the Indian fighters? I don't think so..Are they better than the one in the Algerian arsenal, I don't think so either, same goes with the tanks, frigates and submarines...
Mr Kadafi had nothing but crap our Forces are one of the best trained and equipped in Muslim world we have fought several wars still we have the budget of around 7 billion dollars and you want to tell me not even half and you need 10 billion dollars

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom