What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

captur17.jpg

captur21.jpg

Suite....
captur22.jpg

Modernisation of the MI 171

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not Algeria and Libya joined MiG Corp on their 5th Generation program as it will help to grow up their 5th Generation fleet to about 300+ and replaces older aircraft, will also gain money on export of these aircraft.

Yes, correct. Althought this one will be even bigger, around 2800 ton. It's 2500 standard, so this one is most likely Improved version which Pakistan is also about to get in the near future.

It says here 2800 ton. Tigr-class is 1800 ton only, and if Algeria was interested in Tigr, then Algeria could have rather ordered Type 056 corvette, which China produces very fast.

So Algeria clearly wanted bigger ship, so it looks it will be 2800 ton.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...ying-chinese-frigates&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

MEKOs are about 3400 - 3500 ton ships. They within a few years, 054A frigate from China would be perfect (4300 ton) alongside additional two Improved Kilo-class subs from Russia.

Besides Thailand, Algeria, Pakistan and Bangladesh are also showing interest in 054.

F-22Ps are 3144 tons... also use ATLAS ASO 94 Sonars... built by KSY:

5d8p69.jpg

You are right there....We can't help it, we are always hotter under the collar:laughcry: I guess too much olive oil...or the Med weather...

It's all about the olive Ceylal :cheers:

BTW, nice pics ;)

But I couldn't find any info regrading the recent Algeria's purchase of kilo subs, any links?

Why not Algeria and Libya joined MiG Corp on their 5th Generation program as it will help to grow up their 5th Generation fleet to about 300+ and replaces older aircraft, will also gain money on export of these aircraft.
MIG Corp left a bad test in the Algerian test bud...But in most Weapon SYSTEMs acquired recently from Russia, they are involved in all phases of their developments. These weapon system differ specs wise from the one fielded by the Russians or sold to third parties.
For Libya, after the fall of Kaddaffy is yet to become a country. It is just a kaleidoscope of tribes with their own militia.

In the seven borders we share with neighboring countries 1 out of seven is considered relatively calm.

It's all about the olive Ceylal :cheers:

BTW, nice pics ;)

But I couldn't find any info regrading the recent Algeria's purchase of kilo subs, any links?

It is relatively hard to come up with links, since Algeria keeps her supplier mum about future contract...If I put in this thread take as cash money...:thinktank:

It is relatively hard to come up with links, since Algeria keeps her supplier mum about future contract...If I put in this thread take as cash money...:thinktank:

Is that so? :/

I was just wondering.

MIG Corp left a bad test in the Algerian test bud...But in most Weapon SYSTEMs acquired recently from Russia, they are involved in all phases of their developments. These weapon system differ specs wise from the one fielded by the Russians or sold to third parties.
For Libya, after the fall of Kaddaffy is yet to become a country. It is just a kaleidoscope of tribes with their own militia.

In the seven borders we share with neighboring countries 1 out of seven is considered relatively calm.

Its not about enemies nor about fighting. Its all about maintaining a minimum deterrence force for any aggressor which attacks on Libya. I would also like to say that Libya and Algeria should work with Russia or EU on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Jet Trainers too, and also on other small and medium propeller planes which also has a big market.

But developing a company like AEC for them is important as it will work on Military and commercial electronics and electrical systems.

Its not about enemies nor about fighting. Its all about maintaining a minimum deterrence force for any aggressor which attacks on Libya. I would also like to say that Libya and Algeria should work with Russia or EU on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Jet Trainers too, and also on other small and medium propeller planes which also has a big market.

But developing a company like AEC for them is important as it will work on Military and commercial electronics and electrical systems.

Agree. They have no excuse to use this time, both are rich nations and had decent experts.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom