What's new

The 36th anniversary of the Iranian revolution

I traveled to Syria back in 2003 and saw Damascus. It looked like a 3rd level city in Iran as the economy was much weaker that that of Iran. However, what caught my eyes was that people were happy. Much happier than what you could even see in Tehran.

What I'm trying to say is Bashar may not be the evil that everyone thinks he is. Our image from Syria is extremely distorted due to inconsistent news that we hear. The accusation that he has ordered his army directly to kill people may only be a trick to destabilize his public support. I also need to remind you that base on the latest polls last year, he still has the support of majority of Syrians.

And if none of the above is true, a bad leader controlling a stable country is much better than anarchy. That's how savages like ISIS are born.
You visited Syria!!? :enjoy:
Where in Damascus exactly? after 2005 Syria began to improve, the economy got better... 2010 before the war started, was the best year for Syrians ...
but mostly as you said the people were happy, felt safe, free healthcare, free education, and etc...

I have come to respect Iran and Iranians because of the strong foreign policy Iran has instituted. I have learned much from you guys. Thank you.

Personally I don't think Iran should support Syria under Bashar Al Assad. There are better ways to defend muslims around the world than support such regimes which are actually killing their own people. I wish you Iranians luck in your aspirations and I want to see a strong and united Iran, part of the ummah.

I clearly didn't know that the current regime in Iran has the unequivocal support of most of Iran's population. I knew this about Hamas but not about Iran. Contact with Canadian Iranians perhaps is not the best measure of how Iranians feel about the current regime. I still want ties to improve between our nations though because ties are people to people, not regime to regime.
Iran is not supporting Alasad, it is supporting the Syrian people... Iran knows what's better for their country.. it wouldn't support Alasad if majority of Syrians were against him... I'm pretty sure Iran wouldn't support an unpopular leader, it will lose a lot by supporting Alasad if he does not have support from the people...
Alasad wouldn't last in office if Syrians were against him... something people keep ignoring because it doesn't fit their agenda... Alasad is nothing... it is all about what Syrians want, Syrians only and only Syrians can decide their own fate.. and we have spoken, Alasad is the best leader for now to lead Syria against the international terrorism war...

on topic...

Long Live Iran! God bless Iran and the people of Iran!

You visited Syria!!? :enjoy:
Where in Damascus exactly? after 2005 Syria began to improve, the economy got better... 2010 before the war started, was the best year for Syrians ...
but mostly as you said the people were happy, felt safe, free healthcare, free education, and etc...

Iran is not supporting Alasad, it is supporting the Syrian people... Iran knows what's better for their country.. it wouldn't support Alasad if majority of Syrians were against him... I'm pretty sure Iran wouldn't support an unpopular leader, it will lose a lot by supporting Alasad if he does not have support from the people...
Alasad wouldn't last in office if Syrians were against him... something people keep ignoring because it doesn't fit their agenda... Alasad is nothing... it is all about what Syrians want, Syrians only and only Syrians can decide their own fate.. and we have spoken, Alasad is the best leader for now to lead Syria against the international terrorism war...

on topic...

Long Live Iran! God bless Iran and the people of Iran!
Yes I was in Cham Palace Hotel for a week.

Hopefully it will all come back again and Syrian people live even happier than they were. My best wishes to Syrian people

That's ehy they left in the first place.

Still not all iranians abroad are against the revolution.

Take @Arminkh @The Last of us @Daneshmand as an example

Does the revolution of 1979 stand ground even now with the ground realities changing? Like how the leader still have the power to appoint military chiefs, ability to declare war than the regularly demoratically elected President?
I respect the Iranians and Indonesians more among Muslim countries, but this is the only one I felt a drawback in its system.

Does the revolution of 1979 stand ground even now with the ground realities changing? Like how the leader still have the power to appoint military chiefs, ability to declare war than the regularly demoratically elected President?
I respect the Iranians and Indonesians more among Muslim countries, but this is the only one I felt a drawback in its system.
The leader is indirectly elected by people . we have another parliament called "the assembly of experts" .

the members of this council are directly appointed by people's vote .

this assembly is in charge of electing the Leader . so basically the leader is indirectly appointed by people

Assembly of Experts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

before the treason of a D-bag named Bani-sadr who was the president of iran for a period during the iran-iraq war , the commander of Armed forces was the president , Now after his treason , the Leader is in charge of that position .

the leader seldomly interferes in the work of president . but he can override every order that the president has given .

in the past 5-6 years , as i remember , his only interference was reinstating the current VEVAK (intel. minister) as Dr.ahmadinejad wanted to fire him .....

The leader is indirectly elected by people . we have another parliament called "the assembly of experts" .

the members of this council are directly appointed by people's vote .

this assembly is in charge of electing the Leader . so basically the leader is indirectly appointed by people

Assembly of Experts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

before the treason of a D-bag named Bani-sadr who was the president of iran for a period during the iran-iraq war , the commander of Armed forces was the president , Now after his treason , the Leader is in charge of that position .

the leader seldomly interferes in the work of president . but he can override every order that the president has given .

in the past 5-6 years , as i remember , his only interference was reinstating the current VEVAK (intel. minister) as Dr.ahmadinejad wanted to fire him .....

If a Iranian president wins a mandate with the promise of cutting the powers of Supreme leader he can accomplish that with the help of Assembly of Experts right? As the Experts will be from the Presidents party

If a Iranian president wins a mandate with the promise of cutting the powers of Supreme leader he can accomplish that with the help of Assembly of Experts right? As the Experts will be from the Presidents party
the president has no say in it .

basically the most powerful entity in iranian political system is the assembly of experts . there is no political party involved in this cause the issue is very sensitive . its a national security issue and different parties are all united when it comes to that .

the people who are elected are directly responsible for electing the leader ,although its almost impossible , but practically yes , the assembly is the only power who can overthrow the leader and appoint a new one

the president has no say in it .

basically the most powerful entity in iranian political system is the assembly of experts . there is no political party involved in this cause the issue is very sensitive . its a national security issue and different parties are all united when it comes to that .

the people who are elected are directly responsible for electing the leader ,although its almost impossible , but practically yes , the assembly is the only power who can overthrow the leader and appoint a new one

Interesting. Iranian govt looks so complex from outside. The experts are though directly elected by people? And experts have a leader?

Interesting. Iranian govt looks so complex from outside. The experts are though directly elected by people? And experts have a leader?
Yes , iranian political system is quite complex compared to other systems around the world

The experts are elected by people and they have an speaker (sort of a leader) .

This does not come under the domain of president's powers. In Iran president's power is purely executive. Not like India where PM as executive head of state is also the head of majority in parliament capable of making laws as well. In Iran there are two sets of laws, the ones made by parliament which is completely separate from presidency and is tasked with making laws. The other is the constitution.

Only a constitutional amendment can decrease the power of leader or president or changing the form of governance. And the constitutional amendment is not like in India where the parliament amends it. In Iran, the constitution is referendum based and can only be approved by a general referendum. The last time it happened was I guess in 1988 or 1989 when Iran changed from a parliamentary system to the current presidency system (constitution abolished the post of prime minster).

This does not come under the domain of president's powers. In Iran president's power is purely executive. Not like India where PM as executive head of state is also the head of majority in parliament capable of making laws as well. In Iran there are two sets of laws, the ones made by parliament which is completely separate from presidency and is tasked with making laws. The other is the constitution.

Only a constitutional amendment can decrease the power of leader or president or changing the form of governance. And the constitutional amendment is not like in India where the parliament amends it. In Iran, the constitution is referendum based and can only be approved by a general referendum. The last time it happened was I guess in 1988 or 1989 when Iran changed from a parliamentary system to the current presidency system (constitution abolished the post of prime minster).

Even in India, moving a constitutional amendment is not so easy. Even having a simple majority wont do. U need to have 2-3rd majority in parliament. Like 400 seats out of 540. Plus Majority in Upper house. Like 130 out of 245.

It is not that complex once you understand it. The assembly has a leader just like a parliament has a speaker. This assembly elects the leader and keeps check on his performance and is tasked with removing him as well. Also as per Iran's constitution, the position of leader is actually not a permanent one. Constitution defines the office of leader being either occupied by a person or by a 3 member committee whose members are president, speaker of parliament and head of judiciary. But as per constitution, the appointment of a person is preferable.

Even in India, moving a constitutional amendment is not so easy. Even having a simple majority wont do. U need to have 2-3rd majority in parliament. Like 400 seats out of 540. Plus Majority in Upper house. Like 130 out of 245.

Well, I did not say it was easy in Iran either. In Iran the upper house of parliament is the guardian council. And all these organs, have to agree on a need for an amendment and then bring it to the people for referendum. It is quite a tedious process.

I don't think that the Mullahs regime will stand strong after reaching the fourth decade of its life. They have played with fire for far too long and kept regurgitating the same old boring propaganda. Their collapse is certain. They have severally destroyed the economic structure of their own country. What is important for most Iranians isn’t Syria or few Hz members in Southern Lebanon. At the end of the day, what matters for Iranians is how much cash they have in their pockets. Enough said.

Last edited:
I don't think that the Mullahs regime will stand strong after reaching the fourth decade of its life. They have played with fire for far too long and kept regurgitating the same old boring propaganda. Their collapse is certain. They have severally destroyed the economic structure of their own country. What is important for most Iranians isn’t Syria or few Hz members in Southern Lebanon. At the end of the day, what matters for Iranians is how much cash they have in their pockets. Enough said.
good to know about Saudis way of thinking and life style, but our condition during Iran-Iraq war was hundred times worse, yet your dictators fall one after another and this revolution is still growing, have a look around yourself to see us, we will see who would collapse.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom