What's new

The 36th anniversary of the Iranian revolution

May Allah, some day, save the wonderful Iranian people from the tragedy of the theocratic government which now suppresses them. This, I, a Christian, pray for out of brotherly love for my fellow man.

May Allah, some day, save the wonderful Iranian people from the tragedy of the theocratic government which now suppresses them. This, I, a Christian, pray for out of brotherly love for my fellow man.

o_O

I am not sure. Most of the Iranian members had shared that Iranian system is one of the most complex system of governance that cant be understood by the outside. Even some agreed the need to make SL post , like an figurehead, and it needs improvement.

If u ask me, I shall vest all the powers only to the democratically elected president and not an maulana who pokes his nose in everything

It's like you ignore everything he said.

To most Iranians, the system is not that complex. The reason is that they are involved heavily in politics. We have four major elections, election for President, election for Parliament, election for Assembly of Experts, and election for City Council. And in each election, you see the whole country is talking about it. You go to small towns, and people are campaigning heavily for City Council elections. For Parliament elections, sometimes smaller cities coordinate and support one of their guys for the Parliament, and ask each city to vote for that person.

It's all very exciting and very immersive.

People always assume that the election for the President is the only one that is important. In smaller cities & villages, it is the City Council that is the most important. That's one of the biggest strengths of Iranian political system that outsides (including Iranian diaspora) don't understand. By getting involved in choosing your city council, the Iranian is directly involved in voting for something that affects his or her day to day life. The President for a villager is such a far off concept, but the city council is something closer to home.

This has had such a huge impact on Iranians. More than ever before, Iranians are more involved in shaping their destiny. To be involved so much in elections, the Iranian layman believes his voice matters.

Good, you Americans should stick to praying, and less to dropping bombs. Get the f... out of the middle east and instead pray every hour for us unfortunate oppressed people. You won't hear a complaint from us.

The bitter irony is the Islamic revolution was against a tyrant supported by the USA .. where were you then to pray for out of brotherly love for my fellow man? or during military coup orchestrated by CIA and MI6?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom