What's new

The 2010 FIFA World Cup!

Hm Brazil played the game i wanted to see. Pure Team effort and Great goals. Love the second one. Especially the part played by Kaka'. He could have tried and necessary space was available too but a great one touch pass and great goal.

Also loved the way Lucio and Micon played. Man after 75 min no one from Brazil was willing to go on attack but Lucio was. Wondering why is he a defender. Same goes to Micon (but from the 1st min of game). He is attacking more than Robinho. :rofl:

But still Brazilian defense is stiff and not conceding goals :cheers:

Holland Vs Brazil
Argentina Vs Germany
Uruguay Vs Ghana
Spain vs Paraguay

I think Spain has a chance to win the cup? They played very well.

99884825.png

President: FIFA will consider refereeing questions
(FIFA.com) Tuesday 29 June 2010

1263270_FULL-LND.jpg

FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter stated at a 2010 FIFA World Cup media round table today that the file on goal-line technology would be reopened. President Blatter also gave his views on the standard of football so far and the FIFA World Cup’s lasting legacy in South Africa.

On refereeing and goal-line technology

FIFA took the decision to play this competition with traditional refereeing, with one novelty – one referee on the field, two assistants and the novelty being that the fourth official has more duties to support the referee. Everybody knew at the start of this competition that we would not apply any other system, such as having two additional referees in the penalty areas or using technology, including goal-line technology. Consequently, the principle will not be changed for this competition. But with what we have experienced here, it would be nonsense to not reopen the file on technology at the next business meeting of the IFAB on 20 and 21 July in Wales.

FIFA is in charge of organising the refereeing. The question is to know what we shall do in the future. We need to continue to improve the match control. After the FIFA World Cup 1990 we created the task force ‘Football 2000’ which led us to some amendments to the Laws of the Game – like the back-pass to the goalkeeper.

It is an ongoing process at FIFA and on my personal agenda. In October-November we will present a new model on how to improve high-level refereeing.

On the England-Germany and Argentina-Mexico games

I deplore the obvious refereeing mistakes we have seen. I
understand the teams concerned are unhappy. I have personally said ‘I apologise for what happened’ to both England and Mexico. I understand the media criticism, it is their right and job to do so. Still, it’s not the end of the competition, it’s not the end of football. With the denial of the use of technology, we have to accept mistakes.

As FIFA, we need to protect refereeing. We have the responsibility to take the adequate measures to avoid such situations happening again. However, I cannot accept that the integrity of the competition and the referees is called into question.

Somali Islamists kill two for watching World Cup

In 2006 the Islamic Courts Union which controlled most of Somalia prohibited the World Cup and other soccer competitions on the grounds that it was a "satanic act."

The incident took place late on Saturday in a village near the Somali capital Mogadishu. A group of heavily armed militants of the Hezbal Islam radical group attacked a house where a group of soccer fans secretly followed the tense Argentina-Nigeria game.

"Two young men who tried to jump over the wall were shot and killed while ten others including my husband and my teenage son were taken into Islamist custody in the village," Halima Ahmed, a mother of five children told AIPS in a phone conversation.

A Hezbal Islam leader, Sheik Mohamed Abu Abdalla, said the men violated the Islamic law and those caught by militants will be tried in an Islamic court.

"Football descended from the old Christian cultures and our Islamic administration will never allow watching what they call the FIFA World Cup. We are sending our last warning to the people," he said.

President of the Somali Football Federation, Said Mahmoud Nur, declined to comment on the report citing "security reasons."

Meanwhile, residents in the southern Jubba regions have sent a complaint letter to the Al Shabab militant group, which controls most of the southern and central parts of Somalia and a large swath of the capital seeking permission to watch the world's largest sporting event.

But when community elders entered the Al Shabab administrative office in the southern key port town of Kismayo on Saturday, they were told that they would be arrested if they came back with a similar request.

Somali Islamists kill two for watching World Cup | Sports | RIA Novosti

Somali Islamists kill two for watching World Cup

In 2006 the Islamic Courts Union which controlled most of Somalia prohibited the World Cup and other soccer competitions on the grounds that it was a "satanic act."

The incident took place late on Saturday in a village near the Somali capital Mogadishu. A group of heavily armed militants of the Hezbal Islam radical group attacked a house where a group of soccer fans secretly followed the tense Argentina-Nigeria game.

"Two young men who tried to jump over the wall were shot and killed while ten others including my husband and my teenage son were taken into Islamist custody in the village," Halima Ahmed, a mother of five children told AIPS in a phone conversation.

A Hezbal Islam leader, Sheik Mohamed Abu Abdalla, said the men violated the Islamic law and those caught by militants will be tried in an Islamic court.

"Football descended from the old Christian cultures and our Islamic administration will never allow watching what they call the FIFA World Cup. We are sending our last warning to the people," he said.

President of the Somali Football Federation, Said Mahmoud Nur, declined to comment on the report citing "security reasons."

Meanwhile, residents in the southern Jubba regions have sent a complaint letter to the Al Shabab militant group, which controls most of the southern and central parts of Somalia and a large swath of the capital seeking permission to watch the world's largest sporting event.

But when community elders entered the Al Shabab administrative office in the southern key port town of Kismayo on Saturday, they were told that they would be arrested if they came back with a similar request.

Somali Islamists kill two for watching World Cup | Sports | RIA Novosti

what a bunch of gay-a$$ nerds are they.. :hitwall::hitwall:

I think Spain has a chance to win the cup? They played very well.

they played really well against portugal yesterday, but i think either argentina or brazil will win the cup. these 2 teams have shown a really skillfull footbal in this tournament.

they played really well against portugal yesterday, but i think either argentina or brazil will win the cup. these 2 teams have shown a really skillfull footbal in this tournament.

Your favorite VS my favorite will be the next match!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom