What's new

Thanks to China Today Tibet is Heaven, Antagonistic Propagandist India is jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Communist

Reaction score
Since Democratic Reform was launched in Tibet Autonomous Region in 1959, tremendous changes have taken place in this region. Great progress has been made in every area to enable Tibet to enter the best period of its development. What does this plateau look like? Let them tell you a real Tibet...

Xinhua - English

Just click on the link to hear from the international community. Now you decide whether you are going to believe the fake Indian propaganda based reports or authentic reports from the international media.

People of all ethnic groups in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, spent the last day of the Tibetan New Year in an atmosphere of joy and serenity.

Xinhua - English

Tibet on road of rapid uplift: N. Ram

The Hindu : International : Tibet on road of rapid uplift: N. Ram

BEIJING: A prominent Indian journalist on Wednesday rejected “Tibetan independence propaganda”, saying the region’s economic growth was good and the atmosphere was “relaxed”.

“The problems are largely in the minds of some sections abroad, in ‘make-believe Tibet’, and in the propaganda of the pro-independence movement of the Dalai Lama,” N. Ram, Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu, a leading English language Indian daily, told Xinhua on Wednesday.

Mr. Ram’s comments came after he concluded a three-day visit to southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region earlier this week. It was his third visit to Tibet since 2000.

“People always asked why I went to Tibet again and again,” said Mr. Ram, attributing the visits to his intention to “do a reality check.”

Mr. Ram described how the Dalai Lama and “the so-called Tibetan government-in-exile” were active in India and some other countries claiming Tibetans were being reduced to a minority by the Han people and proclaiming a “Greater Tibet” with a population of six million.

Mr. Ram has travelled to various parts of the region, from the capital city of Lhasa to underdeveloped villages. He has seen schools, monasteries, orphanages and factories.

“The reality is that Tibet is on the road of rapid economic development and the atmosphere there is relaxed, not tense at all,” he said.

“Tibet is remote for ordinary Chinese. You must be a fool to believe that Tibetans are being made a minority,” Mr. Ram commented.

The total population of the region hit 2.84 million in 2007, with Tibetans accounting for 92 per cent according to official figures.

Mr. Ram observed that the problem facing Tibet was the economic slowdown as the global financial crisis took its toll on the region. “But the growth rate of Tibet is still good, more than 10 per cent per year, much higher than other parts of the world.”

Mr. Ram’s latest visit coincided with the run-up to the Tibetan New Year. “We witnessed fewer people in work places as they went back home to celebrate the New Year,” he noted. He added that there was no sign of strain or suppression there as people were filled with excitement and the atmosphere was festive. “There were plenty of signs of prosperity on my long drive from Lhasa to Nyingchi,” said Mr. Ram.

On the region’s move to commemorate the end of feudal serfdom every year on March 28 — the day the Chinese government dissolved the aristocratic local government of Tibet and freed more than one million serfs in 1959 — he said: “It is a good decision” adding that “there were serf systems in many countries, but it was worse in Tibet”.

“The contrast between the old and the new is very powerful, demonstrating what the Chinese government and the system have done for Tibet.”

The Hindu : International : Tibet on road of rapid uplift: N. Ram

What am I to believe? What I see live on international media or what I see written in Chinese media?
We all know how fake chinese can be. Just like they faked by doing lipsyncing at the olympics, just because the 'real' singer wasnt pretty enough. Now thats sick.

A Tibetian refugee couple are my next door neighbors, so I dont need to go all the way to China to know how inhuman Chinese are.

What am I to believe? What I see live on international media or what I see written in Chinese media?
We all know how fake chinese can be. Just like they faked by doing lipsyncing at the olympics, just because the 'real' singer wasnt pretty enough. Now thats sick.

A Tibetian refugee couple are my next door neighbors, so I dont need to go all the way to China to know how inhuman Chinese are.

http://www.hindu.com/2009/02/27/stories/2009022755511900.htm

Wanna say The Hindu is also fake? :smokin:

Tibet issue and the Indian reaction

M.K. Bhadrakumar

The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : Tibet issue and the Indian reaction

The Indian statement on the Lhasa developments is vacuous, self-righteous, needlessly polemical. Are we really imagining that we hold a ‘Tibetan card’? Or are we playing to the gallery in Washington?

The eruption of violence and the vandalism in Lhasa, capital of China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, and the Indian reaction to it raise some profound questions. Any casual visitor to Dharamsala on the Indo-Tibetan border, seat of the so-called Tibetan ‘government-in-exile,’ can make out that the recent violence in Lhasa was anticipated well beforehand by the Tibetan activists based in that Himalayan hamlet.

The ‘bazaar’ in Dharamsala is full of gossip. The Tibetan activists acknowledge that they knew that after a gap of over two decades, bloody incidents of arson and killing were about to be staged in Lhasa. They are in constant touch with the Tibetan dissidents inside China. But when I asked them what they did with those information nuggets about impending violence — whether they parted with their information to anybody in the Indian government or who their collaborators were — they wouldn’t tell. They parried. They chuckled. Their wrinkled faces broke into enigmatic smiles.

Dharamsala is a beehive of intelligence operatives. Graham Greene would have relished the black comedy in such a spectacular setting where time stands still. The first question that occurred to me when I wandered through the narrow lanes and by-lanes of Dharamsala was whether the Indian intelligence sleuths knew beforehand about the imminent outbreak of violence in Lhasa. Do not be surprised if they did not know. We have a history of intelligence failures. But Dharamsala is on Indian soil. We have traditionally kept a close watch on the goings-on there, which have deep implications for India-China relations. Many brilliant careers in our intelligence community began promisingly in the Indo-Tibetan border regions.

But indeed if we knew, when did we know? More important, if we knew, what did we do with what we knew? Did we know when the Foreign Secretary visited Dharamsala three weeks ago? Was the Foreign Secretary’s visit occasioned by what we knew? Highly intriguing questions.

The outfit of the ‘government-in-exile’ was obviously in top gear for undertaking sophisticated propaganda work within hours of the outbreak of violence in Lhasa. Chinese national flags were neatly spread on the streets. Tibetan activists began dancing on them. The posse of Indian policemen passively watched. Western photographers eagerly caught the excited Tibetan youth on camera — handsome young men with flowing hair and headbands who would look exotic like the wild Afghan mujahideen did at one time on the television screens in the drawing rooms in Europe and America.

A shed was erected in front of the Dalai Lama’s compound where a ‘relay fast’ went on. Big names from the Western media were already gathering. The ‘government-in-exile’ still kept postponing the Dalai Lama’s press conference so that the media sharks with real bite could reach the remote place. Finally, the press conference was held on a Sunday afternoon at 2.15 pm.

But even before the Dalai Lama spoke, Delhi had spoken. By Saturday, the Indian External Affairs Ministry already issued a rather substantive statement. It said the UPA government felt “distressed.” It referred to the “unsettled situation and violence in Lhasa.” It spoke of the “deaths of innocent people.” It expressed the hope that “all those involved” — meaning, perpetrators of arson and killing as well as authorities — would “work to improve the situation.” Most important, it called on Beijing to “remove the causes of such trouble in Tibet” through dialogue and non-violent means.

One does not have to be a practitioner of diplomacy to comprehend that the UPA government was advising China one or two things about how to set its house in order in Tibet. Evidently, our government is highly experienced in tackling political violence that regularly rocks our country and the Chinese government could learn a few useful things from the UPA. After all, in something like 150 districts in India, the writ of the Indian state no longer runs. Yet Beijing could see, our leadership calls the problem a mere “virus.”

It boggles the mind on what ground India can be so very self-righteous in rendering unsolicited advice to another country. Do we countenance such advice when it is proffered by any world capital on the unseemly happenings in our country? There was a time when Pakistan used to take note of communal violence in India. We used to fret and fume then. Of course, on the basis of reciprocity, the two South Asian neighbours have made it a point nowadays to avoid making statements about their internal affairs. They saw that polemics didn’t serve any useful purpose but vitiated Indo-Pakistan relations, and civilised inter-state behaviour can do without them.

The Indian statement on the Lhasa developments is vacuous. It is needlessly polemical. That raises a few questions. Are we really imagining that we hold a ‘Tibetan card?’ Or are we being merely opportunistic intentionally playing to the gallery in Washington that the UPA government comprises natural allies gutsy enough to stand up to China?

Double standards

The problem is that such vacuity and double standards can easily boomerang. Curiously, just as South Block was pontificating on how China should govern Tibet, a cable was landing in our foreign policy establishment informing it that the 60-member Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) at its summit meeting in Dakar, Senegal, adopted a devastatingly critical resolution on Jammu & Kashmir. Of course, this is not the first time that the OIC has done this. But the latest condemnation calling for the right of self-determination for the Kashmiri people has been unusually strong. Among others, Foreign Ministers of friendly countries such as Turkey, Tajikistan, and Saudi Arabia expressed their anguish over the “plight” of Kashmiris in “Indian-occupied Kashmir.”

Very obviously, the UPA government’s West Asia policy has begun to affect India’s standing in the Islamic world. A perception is growing that India is edging away from an independent foreign policy and cosying up to U.S. regional policies; that India is harmonising its stance with the U.S. strategy in West Asia on issues such as the Iran nuclear file and the Palestinian problem. The chattering class in Delhi may disparagingly speak of the OIC as an organisation of no consequence. But the fact remains that Russia has taken it so seriously that it sought and obtained an observer status with it. U.S. President George W. Bush has appointed a Karachi-born Pakistani American as his special envoy to the OIC for the first time, openly acknowledging that the Islamic body impacts on the U.S. foreign policy and must be taken seriously.

Unsurprisingly, the UPA government’s reaction to the OIC summit’s statement regarding J&K has been swift and sharp. It said the government “regrets” the development — plainly speaking, shorn of diplomatese, it made its protest known. But curiously, it adds: “The OIC has no locus standi in matters concerning India’s internal affairs including Jammu and Kashmir, which is an integral part of India. We strongly reject all such comments.”

So we have behaved like a porcupine apprehending a mere threat of pain — almost reflexively. South Block hastened to underscore a fundamental principle in inter-state relations, which, ironically, India crafted a long time ago — Panchsheel. No doubt, it does not pay to cast stones while living in a glasshouse, least of all in our region where problems are galore. We should know that it is the tragic history of our region that the western powers fish in troubled waters. And at this point in contemporary history, Asia is on the West’s radar screen as a potential locomotive of growth of the world economy.

Thus, the visit of the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, to India should have been kept as a bilateral exchange. Did the UPA government lack the courage to counsel the visiting dignitary on diplomatic decorum as she happens to be an influential American politician? She made provocative statements against China from Indian soil. China has taken exception to Ms Pelosi’s interference in its internal affairs. Indeed, we would be appalled if any of our neighbouring countries became party to a similar theatre of the absurd berating India.

The Indian statement on Tibet may have pleased the Bush administration, which is straining to put pressure on China and embarrass its leadership in the run-up to the Beijing Olympics. But if a balance sheet is drawn for India’s long-term interests, where is it that our advantage lies? Suffice it to say, there have been helpful nuances in China’s position on Kashmir in recent years.

In a manner of speaking, it is possible to estimate that Chinese spokesmen have articulated on the Kashmir issue in a “Shimla spirit.” The India-China relationship is like a half-full glass. Creative, forward-looking diplomacy lies in expanding on the content within, rather than adding to the emptiness. When the UPA came to power in 2004, a trajectory of mutual understanding in the India-China relationship was promised. Indeed, the then National Security Advisor, J. N. Dixit, earnestly set about the task, employing his formidable intellectual capability as a scholar-diplomat. At a minimum, UPA should not end up travelling back in time.

(The writer is a former ambassador belonging to the Indian Foreign Service.)

The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : Tibet issue and the Indian reaction

Chinese are not fake, unlike pathetic starving Indians, Chinese can feed them well.

One Tibetan refugee couple can not represent the whole Tibetan population. Just because a large chunk of indian population are starving doesn't mean all indians are suffering. There are still few people like u can afford to go on internet, right?

Talking about Olympics, do u need me to remind u how many medals did your great country win? not to mention it's a country with 1 billion people

I can tell how jealous u are, but the truth is poor india will never be able to hold Olympics. Oh, I almost forget India will hold the colony game next year, or is it called "commonwealth" game? I'm not so sure about this.

Communist I am impressed, this is probably the first time that you have posted news related to Tibet that is not from Chinese Govrnment propaganda news organization.

Have you heard of Gedhun Choekyo Nyima? Anyone?

He's the 11th Panchen Lama, he became a political prisoner in chinese tibetan heaven at the age of seven. That was in 1995. He and his family are being brainwashed somewhere in china. when its 'safe' to let him go (if ever), he'll get access to chinese internet where he'll be posting inane articles abt chinese nationalism.

Pakistan was created on religious lines so that they clould live as per their 'culture and religion'. when pakistanis support the religious oppression in other countries, it smacks of hypocricy of the taliban order.

Dunno about the chinese news links, never trust them.

In the west the media is free, they can report whatever they want without a backlash from the government.
All i hear from western new sources is riots and unrest in Tibet about how they are not happy at Chinese rule.

Sorry mate but why would i trust a Chinese government news source that has an interest in reporting the story from a certain angle?

Dunno about the chinese news links, never trust them.

In the west the media is free, they can report whatever they want without a backlash from the government.
All i hear from western new sources is riots and unrest in Tibet about how they are not happy at Chinese rule.

Sorry mate but why would i trust a Chinese government news source that has an interest in reporting the story from a certain angle?

Why would anyone trust western zionist news source. They only target Islamic countries and China and ignore the human rights violations done in Indian Occupied Kashmir and in Gaza/West Bank when its much more worse in both Indian Occupied Kashmir and in Gaza/West Bank.

Well if that is the case.. why do you prevent pro dalai lama news there in tibet or china for that matter. Isn't a systamatic brainwash being done there? No matter what good you are doing, you are brain washing people to think in a particular way.. isnt it? Well.. i wish all the best for tibet.. and hopefully if they are well of under china they should remain.. but people should be allowed to think in their own way, and should have the freedom of speech they deserve. Recently we heard youtube was blocked, why you don't want the world to see the dark side of chinese occupation?? if you are showing good then why are you afraid if some one shows the bad side???

Chinese are not fake, unlike pathetic starving Indians, Chinese can feed them well.

One Tibetan refugee couple can not represent the whole Tibetan population. Just because a large chunk of indian population are starving doesn't mean all indians are suffering. There are still few people like u can afford to go on internet, right?

Again diverting the topic to "India is poor", because you cant back up yourself with any topic related arguments.

Large chunk of people are starving? How about a 300 million living in poverty in China? And if you are so boasting about development in China, then how come almost 100 million of the 300 million are living just in one province called Henan?

And contrary to how you love to talk about large chunk, let me tell you, in India poverty has come down from 73.5% to 24.3%. And in China it has actually become thrice from 100 miillion to 300 million. Now not so pretty eh? Source

And how does China dupe the world? By fixing annual salary at 667 yuan!? which is roughly INR 5000 annual and that too is a family income!. Now compare this to India annual average poverty line is about INR 9000 or about 1200 yuan! annually? Which pushes another 200 million below the poverty line in China if we go by INR(since India has the highest percentage of people living under poverty line!).

Oh really? Then how about Dalai Lama and all the 300,000 tibetians living in Delhi? Now even they cant tell us about the reality? If not, how about the entire tibetian population in world, you want me to rerun the pictures/videos of what could have actually costed you the olympics?

And those like us in India who cannot afford to internet like myself are given free laptops even in the remotest part of the country. Now thats India and not China.

Why would anyone trust western zionist news source. They only target Islamic countries and China and ignore the human rights violations done in Indian Occupied Kashmir and in Gaza/West Bank when its much more worse in both Indian Occupied Kashmir and in Gaza/West Bank.

Western zionist news sources? Is that a bit like nazi zombie aliens? Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

There are plenty of free and independent media sources around that are not controlled by Israel, in fact most of them arnt*wow* Are you trying to say all western media outlets are controlled by Israel? The view in Australia is israel must withdraw and give the palestinians a home land.

Try this, go to China, print out leaflets that disagree with the government, go on tv, radio, print it in a newspaper, hold a demonstration, see what happens to you. Critising the government happens every second of the day in more liberal countries.

News from the China is from the government, news from other countries are not government controlled.

You can either believe a biased source or an unbiased one, you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom