What's new

Thanks Given on Members Club Should not be Counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't matter how much you post or how many thanks you get. :D

On the bit about post count, we use it as a loose measure of seniority in the forum, not for quality. In fact, if post counts get too high too fast, its usually considered a sign of bad quality or worse, some serious mental/social problems and eventually that user will burn himself out, get grumpy, grouchy and so it raises all sorts of red flags.

People who consistently post a healthy amount and show case interests in a few areas of debate are usually considered Senior tag worthy.

It's all arbitrary, no hard and fast rule actually. If there's any indicator of quality, then that's infractions accumulated. Our infractions system is top notch and after repeated audits of infractions almost 99% of the mods have always gotten it right. But that's only an indicator of bad quality.

I had given this suggestion in a post on another thread, but thought better to start a thread here so that there can be a discussion.

Since the posts in members club aren't counted, why should thanks given there should be??

It makes the option of 'Thanks' completely senseless, since Thanks given in other sections have to be earned (even if its for Trolling :rolleyes:). While Thanks given on members club is more of a courtesy affair than an appreciation of the post itself.

@Hyperion is the biggest culprit for the same in members club :D

what are your thoughts @Marshmallow @Talon @KRAIT ??? :D

Lagta hai tum ko Naswar Corner say deport kar dia gaya, yaa aj du number naswar kha li hai

Last edited by a moderator:
On the bit about post count, we use it as a loose measure of seniority in the forum, not for quality. In fact, if post counts get too high too fast, its usually considered a sign of bad quality or worse, some serious mental/social problems and eventually that user will burn himself out, get grumpy, grouchy and so it raises all sorts of red flags.

People who consistently post a healthy amount and show case interests in a few areas of debate are usually considered Senior tag worthy.

It's all arbitrary, no hard and fast rule actually. If there's any indicator of quality, then that's infractions accumulated. Our infractions system is top notch and after repeated audits of infractions almost 99% of the mods have always gotten it right. But that's only an indicator of bad quality.

Sir, i know whom you were referring to there :rofl:

Lagta hai tum ko Naswar Corner say deport kar dia gaya, yaa aj du number naswar kha li hai

Bus yaar, Naswario ko TROLL karney ka mann kara aaj :D

On the bit about post count, we use it as a loose measure of seniority in the forum, not for quality. In fact, if post counts get too high too fast, its usually considered a sign of bad quality or worse, some serious mental/social problems and eventually that user will burn himself out, get grumpy, grouchy and so it raises all sorts of red flags.People who consistently post a healthy amount and show case interests in a few areas of debate are usually considered Senior tag worthy.
Totally Agree with you and @Icewolf also agrees. :lol:

OP ko aaj achanak jalan kyun paida ho gayi bhai??:what:

by the way thanks are useless thing & only a sign of agreeing about posters point.

Even I asked them to ban me, delete my account, remove the title. i always make things easy for them. :D

But as they say, Keep your Friends close, Enemies closer. :enjoy:

Or in our language "Aasteen main saanp palna":azn:

now that`s not a very good policy...:fie:

I had given this suggestion in a post on another thread, but thought better to start a thread here so that there can be a discussion.

Since the posts in members club aren't counted, why should thanks given there should be??

It makes the option of 'Thanks' completely senseless, since Thanks given in other sections have to be earned (even if its for Trolling :rolleyes:). While Thanks given on members club is more of a courtesy affair than an appreciation of the post itself.

@Hyperion is the biggest culprit for the same in members club :D

what are your thoughts @Marshmallow @Talon @KRAIT ??? :D

tumblr_m7wiw6QAj01qkyz80.gif

Forum shrink has spoken.

There should be a button that says - ''fix an appoint with forum shrink''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom