Thanks Given on Members Club Should not be Counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I had given this suggestion in a post on another thread, but thought better to start a thread here so that there can be a discussion.

Since the posts in members club aren't counted, why should thanks given there should be??

It makes the option of 'Thanks' completely senseless, since Thanks given in other sections have to be earned (even if its for Trolling :rolleyes:). While Thanks given on members club is more of a courtesy affair than an appreciation of the post itself.

@Hyperion is the biggest culprit for the same in members club :D

what are your thoughts @Marshmallow @Talon @KRAIT ??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you judge the Poster from his thanks and post counts rather than his post quality, then yeah, it shouldn't be allowed. :enjoy:

I wrote this post in French President visit and $ 6 billion dollar deal -

"Most Expensive Valentine's Day Gift Ever"
Off Topic post thanked by many seniors members too because it was funny. Right now it has got at least 24 thanks. And that post was in regular thread and my post was counted.

On Naswar thread, we were discussing the hardhship of one poster and telling him how to handle the situation. Thanks were given but no post count.

It shouldn't matter how much you post or how many thanks you get. :D

Doesnt matter . A member is judged by his quality of posts .
For example look at Sancho sir ; hes got some 6500 posts and 4500 thanks . Does that make him an average poster ??.....no he is a man blessed with utmost knowledge about military and its future plans .

Or simply BAN both of them :whistle:

:rolleyes:

maine yeh thread thanks badaney ke liye nahi khola tha :lol:

Bhai patha hein.... Lekin thread padne ke baad laga subko thanks dena padega..... :)

Thanks is no barometer on quality or worthiness of that post.

Especially with notification you're just letting the writer know you agree with him.

Agreed with u sir, but seriously, i often read posts after seeing the no. of thanks on it (maybe other members as well, until it's not from the likes of Oscar, Sancho, etc.) & try to reply them, this is obvious since in lakhs of posts a person do need a differentiation method b/w good or bad post, believe it or not, thanks do matter, there importance can only be upheld when they are given in limited nos. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom