What's new

Thank you Turkey! :)!

I love Turkey....Turkish ppl are very friendly and warm to Pakistanis generally..My uncle went to Turkey last year, with his family...and he told tht we were welcomed very warmly by every Turk , they met.. Whenever ppl there came to know tht we are from Pakistan..they would greet us very warmly...and say you are our Pakistani brothers.. Although we had heard tht Turks are very friendly to Pakistanis, but this was a personal experience from our uncle and his family.

Long live Pak Turkey friendship

Turkey may well have good relations with us and a positive opinion but I still don't see the point in changing Lahore's city plan to match Istanbul's!! Leave our Lahore alone!

Relax brother. Kadir Topbas the mayor of Istanbul just gave Lahore 100 buses for free. It is not going to be a copy of Istanbul, we just want to help with transportation and cleaning the city.

Turkey may well have good relations with us and a positive opinion but I still don't see the point in changing Lahore's city plan to match Istanbul's!! Leave our Lahore alone!

Huunh ! What the heck have you been smoking ? Building a bus only lane on a very, very busy and important road - The Ferozepur Road, is brilliant ! And a Turkish firm is going to build it and then charge toll for it for the next couple of years to earn off; which means we don't get to spend any of our money which we really don't have anyway. Its a win-win situation for us and for the Turkish Company...a little like how Daewoo of South Korea built the Motorway and then earned off it for about 10 years to make up for the cost and earn some profits. How does that in anyway not benefit Lahore ? And besides what City Plan are you talking about ? Our Inner City is vastly different from the Urban Areas that most of us live in...so the city plan is ever evolving anyhow.

I would Like to take this opportunity To thank Turkey and Its People for the support and Aid They Have Provided For My people and Country.Turkeys Growing Contributions in the areas of education,health ,ndustry and their support For AMISOM Helps The Security and Stabilization of somalia.Words Can not describe How Grateful I am For This Nation (Turkey( and Its People.

MESSAGE BY H.E. M.BABUR HIZLAN, AMBASSADOR OF THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY

ymbe11nk4ng53hjmybfrourw8312010115923ambe_32.jpg

I am happy to recall that the brotherly relations between Turkey and Pakistan derive their strength from deep-rooted historical ties and a shared cultural heritage since times immemorial. The support and solidarity extended by the Muslims of the Subcontinent to the Turkish National Independence War is enshrined deep into the collective memory of the Turkish Nation in the form of legendary stories passed on to the younger generations.

We still remember your grandmothers selling their rings and ornaments of cehiz to raise funds for their Turkish brethren desperately in need of arms and ammunition, singing songs in praise of Ghazi Mustafa Kemal and his soldiers and praying for the success of the Turks. We also know that the Muslims of the Subcontinent regarded Ataturk as their own hero. It is with pride I tell you now that your sacrifices were not wasted away. We did not fail you.

Elderly Turks recall how in the mosques of Karachi and Lahore Pakistanis offered duas for the retrieval of Istanbul and Izmir from enemy hands and for the souls of the Shaheed Turkish soldiers. I must also mention Quaid-e Azams instructions to Muslim League branches to observe Friday the 18th November as Kemal Day and to hold public meetings all over the Subcontinent to express deepest feelings of sorrow immediately after Ghazi Mustafa Kemals passing away in 1938.

All these will be further relayed to the coming generations by word of mouth and lungs and through the annals of history.

It would be of interest to know that the Turkish War of Independence and the movement of Republicanism spurred the independence movement in the Subcontinent that ultimately resulted in the creation of Pakistan, land of the pure people, land of the most generous and kind people on this earth.

With the emergence of the Republic of Turkey from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire the world witnessed the awakening of the nations in the East from foreign domination as well as from the darkness of backwardness.

In order to cope with the challenges of this new era, the Turkish nation, under the able leadership of Ataturk, embarked on a drive involving sweeping reforms and reconstruction in social, economic, cultural and political fields.

The contemporary relations, which are built upon such a sound background, between Turkey and Pakistan have successfully stood the repeated tests of time. This exemplary level of relations clearly demonstrates that fraternal bonds between our countries are from people to people. We share similar concerns and views on most of the current international problems, including the Cyprus and Kashmir issues, and support each other at various international fora.

We are also striving for developing our bilateral economic relations. In this context, I must emphasize that we must spare no effort that would help enhance our interaction in economy and commerce.

I am pleased to state that Turkish companies have been accomplishing important infrastructure projects in Pakistan contributing to its development drive for years. In economic field, however, we feel the need to work with more vigor and enthusiasm to manifest and mobilize the enormous potential our two countries do possess.

I am confident that Turkish-Pakistani relations will have even brighter future when we mobilize our resources in much closer cooperation in the times to come.

Turkish Embassy - Islamabad Pakistan

============

I actually cried after reading that ...

56% of Turks surveyed had a positive view of Pakistan, 28% had a negative view of Pakistan. I thought the percentage of positive would be much higher, at least in the 80% column. The remaining 16% percentage must have been neutral or undecided.

Though there is no need to thank the Turks simply because 56% have a positive view of Pakistan, a majority of Pakistan has a positive view of Turkiye as well. If anything this has suggested a decline in favorable status, or perhaps it's just this particular poll. I'm not sure of their sample size, but other polls I've read before showed Pakistan was overwhelmingly favored in Turkiye. This is the lowest positive view of Pakistan I've seen a survey had for Turkish view of Pakistan.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BELOW

Pakistan survey results vastly different to reality, expats say | GulfNews.com

turkish-pakistan-flag.jpg

4190578766.jpg

Models present creations by Pakistani designer Ali Xeeshan at the PFDC L’Oreal Paris Bridal Fashion Week in Lahore, Pakistan last December.

Out of all the bad press we've gotten, you have stood by us, and not buy into the negative perceptions created against us. Once again, thank you :). :smitten:

Turkish & Pakistan Air Forces 2011 ( Long Lasting Brotherhood ) - YouTube

President Gül's visit to Pakistan 2010. Welcome & Horse Show in Lahore - YouTube
56% is very low:what:
I would like to now where the survey was held?

56% of Turks surveyed had a positive view of Pakistan, 28% had a negative view of Pakistan. I thought the percentage of positive would be much higher, at least in the 80% column. The remaining 16% percentage must have been neutral or undecided.

Though there is no need to thank the Turks simply because 56% have a positive view of Pakistan, a majority of Pakistan has a positive view of Turkiye as well. If anything this has suggested a decline in favorable status, or perhaps it's just this particular poll. I'm not sure of their sample size, but other polls I've read before showed Pakistan was overwhelmingly favored in Turkiye. This is the lowest positive view of Pakistan I've seen a survey had for Turkish view of Pakistan.
This cant be true,90% of Turks have a positive view of Pakistan.

@Neptune KUL un mesajını silermisin birileri farketmeden adamlara hakeretin en büyüğünü etti farkında değil.

I wont say it's 'cause of secularism, Jinnah was never secular at first place, the foundation of Pakistan was on Islamic ideology, totally opposite to what Modern Turkey was established on. Actually, forget Jinnah for a second and see, Allama Iqbal, widely respected in Turkey, he wasn't a secularist as well. He was pan Islamist. Still, you see, my point is, it's not Secularism and Islamic ideology or whatever, it's about how relations started and how they kept going on. Pakistan has a very special kind of policy for all the Islamic/Muslim countries, no matter what, always support them. That's the reason we are a state who has strong and brotherly relations with ALL Muslim countries, whether KSA, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Palestine and the list goes on.

What you refer to secular and islamists today is far different than what is was back in their times, Both Jinnah and Iqbal were seculars of their times. Neither Iqbal nor Jinnah judge anyone based on how much of a muslim the other person was. They wanted a country for muslim not because hindus would stop muslim from practicing their religion but their reason were mostly economic well being of muslims.

@Neptune KUL un mesajını silermisin birileri farketmeden adamlara hakeretin en büyüğünü etti farkında değil.
What's wrong with my message. I wrote our long term goal is turning Somalia into an independent country. What's wrong ?

Back
Top Bottom