What's new

Thailamd sent naval ships, plane to chase away a group of Vietnamese fishing boat.

It is clear in my previous statement that the coast guard duty is taken by local government and police. But we do have coast guard unit just recently.
Let me guess: you don't have a proper police force, either, relying on the army to do policing?

Let me guess: you don't have a proper police force, either, relying on the army to do policing?

They have a police force, a paramilitary force that handles territorial and insurgency objectives. My friend, Indonesia is not small like Cambodia, but there are various realities from each of their 13,000+ islands. Different ethnic realities from island to island, different local political economy that requires their police force(s) to be multidimensional. The threat for Indonesia never has been external, but more so internal.

This is a sharp contrast to Vietnam's strategic reality in that your nation's number one threat was always external. GIven your country shares a land border with China , which has been a historical arch-nemesis, as well as with a border with Cambodia and in vicinity with Thailand (Siam), a historical arch nemesis.

Two different localities, two different environmental political economy to consider when addressing and analyzing the Indonesian-Vietnamese dichotomy.

PS. My friend, take a calmer tone when you address our Indonesian partners. There is no need to insult or say hurtful descriptive, i know you are a good guy, be good, be cool. Don't be hot headed.

Regards.

1. The Philippines is poised to progress with Indonesia and I have stated this time and time again that the potential powers of Southeast Asia (Greater Malaya Archipelago) is both the Filipinas and Indonesia. Both countries have vast natural resources, which are practically still unharvested, untouched. Indonesia has over 250 million population (with birth rate of over 2%), Filipinas has a population nearing 110 million (with population over 3%), Combined they make up 360 million people.

2. Filipinas and Indonesia recently signed the maritime boundary agreement, thus putting to rest a 20 year disagreement between Jakarta and Manila, this resolves territorial dispute, and effectively eliminates any issues Manila has with Jakarta, totally. This puts Filipinas and Indonesia are two potential political-military allies in this coming century.

3. Indonesia and Filipinas are ethnically the same kin. Same blood of people, same race ; Austronesian. Both countries have similar strategic limitations (ethnic variaties, dealing with religious extremists, dealing with insurgency et al). But you seen the threats are mostly minor (internal), with very little external moribund factors. Controlling the maritime waters through coast guard vessels will secure the two nation's vast natural resources.

4. The issue of "curse of many organizations" in government should be streamlined and undergo lean, clean processing administration. Merging various bodies in government to streamline goals should be done, and that is in itself a domestic issue that hsould be handled accordingly and in context to Indonesian and Filipina political economy.

1,2,3.. i do agree. I see potential for much greater strategic cooperation between Indonesia and Philippines in the future.

4. in due time, my friend. We are building up our coast guard with hundreds CG vessels in line. Once this process is complete, any overlapping task that embedded within other governmental bodies will be removed, for good.

1,2,3.. i do agree. I see potential for much greater strategic cooperation between Indonesia and Philippines in the future.

Yes, it will happen in time. I also wanted to add that I am very impressed, truly, with the high level of cooperation Indonesia has with Filipina defense acquisition and planning. The collaboration between the two countries really is impressive.

Said a country who doesnt have a real size frigate and still depend on some cold war junks

Madoka-chan, 落ち着いてください.

4a4ad55d0dc0acf2602b68a317aef728.jpg

No CG is too bad for Thai, seem like Thai will be invaded easier by attacking from sea than attacking them on land :laugh:
Theoretically yes, realistically no. The time age bringing Chinese culture and civilization to the barbaric people is over. Ha ha ha.

They have a police force, a paramilitary force that handles territorial and insurgency objectives. My friend, Indonesia is not small like Cambodia, but there are various realities from each of their 13,000+ islands. Different ethnic realities from island to island, different local political economy that requires their police force(s) to be multidimensional. The threat for Indonesia never has been external, but more so internal.

This is a sharp contrast to Vietnam's strategic reality in that your nation's number one threat was always external. GIven your country shares a land border with China , which has been a historical arch-nemesis, as well as with a border with Cambodia and in vicinity with Thailand (Siam), a historical arch nemesis.

Two different localities, two different environmental political economy to consider when addressing and analyzing the Indonesian-Vietnamese dichotomy.

PS. My friend, take a calmer tone when you address our Indonesian partners. There is no need to insult or say hurtful descriptive, i know you are a good guy, be good, be cool. Don't be hot headed.

Regards.
I got your point. Do you know the difference in respect to habit between Japanese and Viet people?

We tend to say friends and enemies direct to their faces what we think of them, not sugarcoating anything. If we despise certain people we let them know it.

Of course, in the case of assymetrical realities wherein the current coast guard fleet is lacking, to offset such deficiency, it is required to send in naval assets to cover the gaps. I suppose that reality was the reason the Philippines also sent in their new frigate Gregorio Del Pilar to interdict Chinese poachers near the Scarborough Shoal back in 2012. There is no active Philippine coast guard force near the Palawaan region , which is home of their WESCOM (Western Command). Philippine Naval assets near that region is limited to minor corvettes , and their home bases are in either Port of Puerto Princessa or are coming from Subic Bay, which is quite a long way off. The BRP G.Del Pilar warship , as a cutter by design, can stay in the high seas for weeks, and thus was doing necessary patrol. It was just that perchance they happened to nab Chinese poachers.

The PLAN, PLA and the CPC utilized the event as the reason for their legitimization of their military buildup in the region. Exploiting the philippines' inherent weakness to bolster population and civic support for their military strategic designs in the south china sea.

Now in regards to the Philippines, what they need more is more larger vessels in their coast guard fleet, as well as more coast guard vessels period. Japan is helping them currently by building them 10 new coast guard vessels to bolster their interdiction and exploratory abilities --- and for a vast archipelagic state like the Philippines , which has over 7100 islands and a coast line of over 36,000 km --- they are also picking up the game. Resource theft is a serious offense as unregulated and unmitigated resource theft disparages an nation's abilities to muster resources for population consumption.

This is a reality that your country, Indonesia, is currently trying to fight. I understand the necessary position your Minister Susi is utilizing to prevent illegal poaching, as a means to curb resource theft. Also your country has one of the largest maritime coast lines in that Indonesia has over 55,000 km of coast line. That is a duty of your Coast Guard to protect it, and protect the national mandate.

Best of luck, best wishes on Indonesia's national directives.

I don't think a submekong empire is feasible due to the political vagaries between Krungthep and Hanoi. Perhaps a loose strategic relationship, bolstered by economic and cultural relations. But a purely military-political union is unpractical right now.

Vietnam, by her shear size and size of her population, will undoubtedly want to expand, and look for resources. Your nation's landmass is not enough to accommodate all 98 million (nearly 100 million) of your Vietnamese people. Eventually, Vietnam will expand and start to settle (if it has not already done so) in Laos and Cambodia.

As I said, Vietnam's current landsize , land mass is not big enough to accommodate its large population.

hahahaha, 'let'? I think that is what Vietnam wants, but I hardly think the Siamese will want to do that openly. They have enough problems trying to contain illegal entry of Shan and other ethnic minorities from Burma coming into their northern province of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. The problem with Thailand is that she has porous borders, and her territorial guards are unable to meet the challenges affecting her. From Burmese ethnic minorities that swell in the hundreds of thousands in her northern provinces, to the illegal entry of Laotians and Khmers to her eastern and northern flank, to the uncontrolled border between Malaysia and Thailand near Songkla , nakon si tamarrat et al. Thailand as you can see has a difficult time trying to control her border regions. I suppose Vietnamese can take advantage of that inherent weakness.
Its not about difficulty controlling borders. Those are very easy. Prayuth current priminister first job was to tighten border control and border passing and illegal immigration. He did successfully in very short time but he had to abandon the plan because biz men and enployers start to blame the policy as they need these workers.

Madam, go to shopping or make up yourselves, you are second generation from WW II, I think you are enough old, pls don't copy trolls of Chinese about orange agent here.

She is third generation actually not that old like Phukimak.......... :D, she is quite active in Indonesian forum as well, she put a woman photo there with a face mixed between Malay and Japanese sometime ago but never admit it is her. She is quite pretty by the way.....:)

Man, isn‘t Thailand the best country in the world?:smitten:Hope one day I can retire there.

we know that Thai is fallen in love with China, new lover China has protected you, like what Uncle Sam did in Vietnam war, Thai let US airforce using Thai soil Korat airport landing to bombarde us. We could ask you pay back this bloody debt.

Thailand is protected by both USA and China. You ain't gonna touch them.:bunny:

She is third generation actually not that old like Phukimak.......... :D, she is quite active in Indonesian forum as well, she put a woman photo there with a face mixed between Malay and Japanese sometime ago but never admit it is her. She is quite pretty by the way.....:)

I do know on this forum that she is second generation descent of Japanese soldier from WW II.

In Vietnam, after WW II, there were 6,000 Japanese soldier who didn't surrundered to ally, they joined to Ho Chi Minh Gerrilla troupp to fight counter Franc army in Vietnam war. After 1954, all of them turned back to Japan.

Recently it is reported in Vietnam that there is one Japan soldier stayed in Hoa Binh province of Vietnam, but when Japanese Embassy's culture attache visited him, he is a Taiwanese, not Japanese in ethnicity.

a picture of conscripted Taiwan Aboriginals in Japan Army:

20011026232856.jpeg

Taiwan aborigine girl looks very beautiful too, like Japanese girls.

yangui4.jpg

Why don't you love your homeland Nanyue Guo ?

In Thailand, there is many gay, I dont like to touch to them.

My sincere opinion/suggestion, think about it.

When Vietnam consider China as enemy, and act the way. Vietnam has to consume up most of his energy, resources to fight against China. How can you guys have plus energy to face up with others' challenges? In that situation, Vietnam has to make endless compromise to Philippines, Indonesia, etc. Because these countries know the conflict between Vietnam and China, they will not take Vietnam very seriously. Don't forget, China is a country, which Vietnam hardly win even if he use up all try. Why you guys are so stubborn to do the meaningless things daily? We would like to embrace the Viet brothers, rise up the east Asia powers again.

My sincere opinion/suggestion, think about it.

When Vietnam consider China as enemy, and act the way. Vietnam has to consume up most of his energy, resources to fight against China. How can you guys have plus energy to face up with others' challenges? In that situation, Vietnam has to make endless compromise to Philippines, Indonesia, etc. Because these countries know the conflict between Vietnam and China, they will not take Vietnam very seriously. Don't forget, China is a country, which Vietnam hardly win even if he use up all try. Why you guys are so stubborn to do the meaningless things daily? We would like to embrace the Viet brothers, rise up the east Asia powers again.

don't worry, bro. We can handle this matter.

In thís moment we know that only China is our real enemy, other countries in region could do someting to get bebefit from Sino-Viet tension. It is understandable.

don't worry, bro. We can handle this matter.

In thís moment we know that only China is our real enemy, other countries in region could do someting to get bebefit from Sino-Viet tension. It is understandable.

I worry nothing.

China don't consider Vietnam as enemy and act. You guys know it, Vietnam is still in very soft/ comfortable international circumstance. I don't hear such Sino-Viet tension, except from Vietnamese medias.

I worry nothing.

China don't consider Vietnam as enemy and act. You guys know it, Vietnam is still in very soft/ comfortable international circumstance. I don't hear such Sino-Viet tension, except from Vietnamese medias.
Most of Viet members here don't present for all Viets.

O

I don't think a submekong empire is feasible due to the political vagaries between Krungthep and Hanoi. Perhaps a loose strategic relationship, bolstered by economic and cultural relations. But a purely military-political union is unpractical right now.

Vietnam, by her shear size and size of her population, will undoubtedly want to expand, and look for resources. Your nation's landmass is not enough to accommodate all 98 million (nearly 100 million) of your Vietnamese people. Eventually, Vietnam will expand and start to settle (if it has not already done so) in Laos and Cambodia.

As I said, Vietnam's current landsize , land mass is not big enough to accommodate its large population.

hahahaha, 'let'? I think that is what Vietnam wants, but I hardly think the Siamese will want to do that openly. They have enough problems trying to contain illegal entry of Shan and other ethnic minorities from Burma coming into their northern province of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. The problem with Thailand is that she has porous borders, and her territorial guards are unable to meet the challenges affecting her. From Burmese ethnic minorities that swell in the hundreds of thousands in her northern provinces, to the illegal entry of Laotians and Khmers to her eastern and northern flank, to the uncontrolled border between Malaysia and Thailand near Songkla , nakon si tamarrat et al. Thailand as you can see has a difficult time trying to control her border regions. I suppose Vietnamese can take advantage of that inherent weakness.
We have a big tank center in Batambang province of Kambodia, just abt 300km from Bangkok. We also have many hungry Vnese willing to do anything to get a better place for living.

Thai Govt. is smart, they know that fighting against VN like from 1979 to 1988 will lead to No where . Unite wt VN to create a bigger & stronger region is the best choice for both VN-Thai.

Thai need VN in TPP.VN need Thai support in the conflict wt CN. So, allowing illegal VN worker to stay in Thai will slowly help VN to achieve our dream to create a bigger & stronger region that powerful enough to make every one think twice if trying to bully us :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom