What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

If we are developing engine alone we have to start new alloy projects right now.

Why the f is BMC involved in the TF-X program??

Seriously?

Hahah this showes how you are bending the words according to your ideology??

And “We wont share intellectual property with BMC” but media is showing it as “We wont share intellectual property with BMC”.

There is no difference that you mention the manipulation the media made. :D
But i understand what you did intent to say. :)

And your baseless claims started making everybody bored. There are many people like Ethem Sancak, dying for love Erdogan, this is not abnormal for some investors love Erdogan much.
On the contrary, this RRoyce attitude to us showes how right Erdogan is by selecting BMC as a contractor for creating indepedent defence industry.
I am not purely insulting KOC group, but everything possible in the life. They made good jobs so far, but there is always suspicion how trustable they are for the defence industry. But they have to know that they have to be loyal to the country that they made money so much, not to the global order.

He means Qatar.

Surely not. I suspect media is hugely twisting this. I believe Rolls Royce is saying “We wont share intellectual property with BMC” but media is showing it as “We wont share intellectual property with BMC”.
damn it was much more easier in the old times guess sending a few guys with rubber shoes and a guy good at Engish Pool ( which is by chance very smillar to Russian pool)to England and RR factory was an efficent way of industrial espionage. :devil:

damn it was much more easier in the old times guess sending a few guys with rubber shoes and a guy good at Engish Pool ( which is by chance very smillar to Russian pool)to England and RR factory was an efficent way of industrial espionage.
cold war era fairy tales, in reality ruskies had many tech for engine, they exaggerated it, no one is fool.

After failed with RR, The most logical thing to do is to develop a copy of F110 engine with special turbine and stealth nozzle design. If we add supercruise capability to new engine, It would be more than enough to make Tf-X a real beast. I believe TEI has capability to develop such a turbofan engine.

If only tei was going to develop and make the engine ; RR would have stayed anyway..

RR goes because of """BMC"""..

Last edited:
To be honest I think we all secretly knew that RR would leave the project. The west loves wasting our time. We should put full effort in making our own fighter jet engines. We can't rely on unreliable 'allies'. Maybe we should let Russia know some secrets about the F35 and they should help us with the fundamentals of building a powerful jet engine. Then we should combine both Russian and Western know how in order to make our engines.

cold war era fairy tales, in reality ruskies had many tech for engine, they exaggerated it, no one is fool.

British Labour goverment sold them 25 RR Nene engines as an act of goodwill. Soviets copied them, derivative of that engine ended up powering MiG 15s and MiG 17s.

British Labour goverment sold them 25 RR Nene engines as an act of goodwill. Soviets copied them, derivative of that engine ended up powering MiG 15s and MiG 17s.
@xbat just a brotherly advise it is not wise to pick strong words in your arguments anyway I am not intended to drail such an important thread. However, I strongly recommand you to make some reserch. Here are the key words labor party, Mig 15, Artem Mikoyan and RR if you are lucky enough you can even find the interview with Artem Mikoyan himselft including the parts about the rubber shoes and pool match. Dont get offended but I rather try my chance trusting the words of the guy whose name was given to jets

After failed with RR, The most logical thing to do is to develop a copy of F110 engine with special turbine and stealth nozzle design. If we add supercruise capability to new engine, It would be more than enough to make Tf-X a real beast. I believe TEI has capability to develop such a turbofan engine.
Bro I have 2 questions;
  1. Do we have the authority to modify/copy the F110 engine, or are you suggesting a reverse engineering approach?
  2. Do you think we will be able to realize a stealth nozzle? After all, even the Russians haven't achieved this yet. (See Su-57 and Okhotnik UAV)

hey hey wait a second, i know the story, i watch it on youtube years ago. if it was so easy to copy it, every nation on earth would do the same thing, ruskies had many tech, no doubt. they exaggerate the visit , i dont think that ruskies get many things from that journey.

We have many US made engine too, did we able to copy it? of course no, we invest many RD project for last 10 years . we just come up with satisfied level yet even not as same as western level.

You have to understand, to accept and rely on your self, West will never let you become equal to them! If they can't stop you directly they'll create endles obstacles e.g Altay engine, Missile defence systems, TF-X engine etc, list is endless. You have to invest in own capacities, work hard and be patient, ATAK, ANKA, MILGEM are best examples. There is no other way to be/stay independent.

Bro I have 2 questions;
  1. Do we have the authority to modify/copy the F110 engine, or are you suggesting a reverse engineering approach?
  2. Do you think we will be able to realize a stealth nozzle? After all, even the Russians haven't achieved this yet. (See Su-57 and Okhotnik UAV)

Bro, It is no need to copy all sections one by one to realize engine because we have a core turbine design experience working on it. Copying general structure and mechanism of engine while integrating own magnesium, nikel and titanium alloys, blades into turbines, compressors, exhaust section would be enough to reach our targets. TEI is familiar to F110 engines since they are producing spare parts and maintaining engine frequently. I believe they have all structural plans and assembly capability for those engines as well. Producing domestic equivalent of this engine with Turkish R&D projects while copying all neccessary structural mechanism will not cause a authority problem I think.

About stealth nozzle, We may need foreign help for this tech since we do not have any single experience in this field.

Besides, TEI was the sole institute offering to develop a national turbofan engine against TAEC (RR&Kale) to get TF-X engine deal without receiving foreign help. TEI offered a 14 years time scale to deliver first operational turbofan engine with targetted thrust ratio (27000+lbf). Such a roadway may decrease the development time in some aspects.

Back
Top Bottom