What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Bro, It is no need to copy all sections one by one to realize engine because we have a core turbine design experience working on it. Copying general structure and mechanism of engine while integrating own magnesium, nikel and titanium alloys, blades into turbines, compressors, exhaust section would be enough to reach our targets. TEI is familiar to F110 engines since they are producing spare parts and maintaining engine frequently. I believe they have all structural plans and assembly capability for those engines as well. Producing domestic equivalent of this engine with Turkish R&D projects while copying all neccessary structural mechanism will not cause a authority problem I think.

About stealth nozzle, We may need foreign help for this tech since we do not have any single experience in this field.

Besides, TEI was the sole institute offering to develop a national turbofan engine against TAEC (RR&Kale) to get TF-X engine deal without receiving foreign help. TEI offered a 14 years time scale to deliver first operational turbofan engine with targetted thrust ratio (27000+lbf). Such a roadway may decrease the development time in some aspects.
Hmm, makes sense, thank you for your input.

I think in any case we will have to proceed with a foreign engine for the prototypes and in the meantime start an indigenous engine effort.

Bro @cabatli_53, so TFX engine partnership with RR hasnt been breaked up? I hope turkish brother TF-X project will succeed with a statisfied result. God speed, insyallah.
Actually the most challenging part in 5th generation jet for Turkey are the engine and as 5th generation jets keep their missile in their body, they need to open those gate to fire with super-cruise, which is another part that Turkey asked 200 engineers. I believe Turkey have learned it already. UK thought they will kill Turkish time to develop army jet by giving them small technology transfer and hope, but they forget that Turkey actually took advantage of them and at the same time worked on engine. Everybody knew that they will not share turbofan engine know how with Turkey

Bro @cabatli_53, so TFX engine partnership with RR hasnt been breaked up? I hope turkish brother TF-X project will succeed with a statisfied result. God speed, insyallah.

Brother, I think RR will deliver what Turkey requests but It seems they are moaning with using media sources. Even if they don’t accept our terms, Turkish institutes want to develop a powerfull turbofan engine from scratch. We will succeed this mission sooner or later. The opposite idea is impossible for our future...

Isnt it a little bit logical that a tech owner dont want to share its whole technology? And especially if its a jet engine?
My first reaction was 'Yes' to your question but the more I think about it the more I start to doubt my position in this particular case. For instance, we don't know anything about the promises made by our government to RR. What are they getting from us in return? How many aircrafts are we going to order eventually? How many planes is Qatar going to buy? If we have no export issues, how many will Azerbaijan procure? What about Pakistan? Malaysia? Even Bangladesh in the long term is a potential buyer. Many people don't see them as a potential customer which is wrong. They've started to invest serious money in defence related projects. It's affordable for them now due to high economic growth.

I am against any kind of unrealistic expectations. We have to stay down to earth. However, there's a good chance that RR will earn billions over the next two decades from this project which, naturally, they will invest in new technologies to further advance their existing jet engines.

They won't share everything, that's a given. But pretty sure that they are ready to share a big, big chunk of knowledge. I mean, why not? We always think in short terms. Currently existing engines won't be considered as top-notch in 15 to 20 years or even 25 years.

People forget that MMU project will keep us busy for decades.

TAI MMU Engineering Building

View attachment 534266

Construction started

tai.jpg

TF-X Flight-arm very advanced data-link network system development program.

Equivalent products!
  • F-35 MADL data-link
  • F-22 IFDL data-link
Resim1-1.jpg

Flight arm data-link technology requires a level of knowledge and expertise and It is only 5G level network technology that is able to achieve this mission. The developing and applying this technology to the required time and to realize it in a cost-effective way requires considerable knowledge and infrastructure.

Meteksan Defense, which cooperates with Bilkent University, also takes advantage of the pioneering technologies developed by its academic staff. A development demonstrating the importance and value of these technologies took place in July. At the ceremony held on July 26, Huawei has given a plaque, which was written “Father of Polar Code”, to Prof. Dr. Erdal Arikan who is the lecturer in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Bilkent University and a member of the Board of Director of Meteksan defense. He used the Polar Coding Method in his 5G studies. Prof. Dr. Erdal Arikan also cooperates to Meteksan’s development efforts for Turkey’s 5G and TF-X data-link programs.

Meteksan Defense; working on an in-box flight arm data link solution taking into account the invisibility requirements of Turkish stealth fighter platforms. The solution that Meteksan Defense works on will have the following features:

• Coverage including tactical formation of a flight arm
  • Multi-antenna placement to maintain network connectivity while maneuvering aircraft
  • To be able to work at higher frequencies,
  • Network topology and dynamic network management that can handle a flight arm and handle flight separation,
  • Ability to provide time synchronization with a special algorithm,
  • Direct and low-detection data transmission,
  • High data transmission speed required by modern applications,
  • National crypto, frequency jumping and spreading spectrum.

Translation :

TUSAS MMU Engineering Integration Mngr. Cem Talip Ondes: Technical specifications of MMU.
  • Engine power, wingspan and wing area have been increased.
  • The Operational radius is also increased to 500 nm (~ 925 km).
  • Also, I think the maximum payload was announced for the first time (20,000 lbs = ~ 9,000 kg)
Edit : Didn't see @cabatli_53 's post when I posted this. Check it out, he has some extra info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom