What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

any idea which engine it might be?

I wrote the below in some other forum a month ago . I hope it helps

-Motor TEI; GE- F110 (Teorik olarak 38.000 lbs cikabilir)'nin F110-GE-129\a evrilisini gorduler , LMS100'un turbinlerinde mesaileri var.TS1400 dizayni... bir Turk F110'i cikarirlar mi ? Cevap evet gibi eger malzeme konusunu asabilirsek bildigimiz TS1400 ile ~800 C dayanabilen bir super alloy var elimizde , bize ~1500 -> lazim. GE Japonlarin yardimi ile 2200C buldu , o da tibbin geldigi son nokta zaten.

-Motor TEI; GE- F110 (Teorik olarak 38.000 lbs cikabilir)'nin F110-GE-129\a evrilisini gorduler , LMS100'un turbinlerinde mesaileri var.TS1400 dizayni... bir Turk F110'i cikarirlar mi ? Cevap evet gibi eger malzeme konusunu asabilirsek bildigimiz TS1400 ile ~800 C dayanabilen bir super alloy var elimizde , bize ~1500 -> lazim. GE Japonlarin yardimi ile 2200C buldu , o da tibbin geldigi son nokta zaten.

Please in English!

We need another level of material knowlage for that. (For example rhenium superalloys) Unfortunately nobody will share this information with us. Turbine technologies(especially material/production technologies) are technologies which nobody wants to share even with their allies. A lot of hard work awaits for our R&D guys.

We need another level of material knowlage for that. (For example rhenium superalloys) Unfortunately nobody will share this information with us. Turbine technologies(especially material/production technologies) are technologies which nobody wants to share even with their allies. A lot of hard work awaits for our R&D guys.
Some “imported” folks might help....

Some “imported” folks might help....
If the problem was knowing only one technique it would be effective. But you need to know material composition, you need to know material properties, production technologies etc... We need to kidnap 1/4 of lockhead martin. Do not get me wrong; I am totally fine with kidnapping people. Just it might be harder than R&D of turbines. :D

If the problem was knowing only one technique it would be effective. But you need to know material composition, you need to know material properties, production technologies etc... We need to kidnap 1/4 of lockhead martin. Do not get me wrong; I am totally fine with kidnapping people. Just it might be harder than R&D of turbines. :D
Or, get the final product along with the recipe...

Love how casual you are when suggesting this lol.

How about some info for you? TR may have some knowhow, you just don't know about.

@Borg,

sounds like @mete knows better than some random youtube video ;)

no suprise why TEI's TS1400 engine cant work over 30,000 RPM yet. Turbine blades are not suitable for such performance.

Watch the video . they are on the way to develop the necessary raw material

they will hand over the engine next year, saying "engine cant work over 30,000 RPM yet" is not logical.

@Borg,

sounds like @mete knows better than some random youtube video ;)

no suprise why TEI's TS1400 engine cant work over 30,000 RPM yet. Turbine blades are not suitable for such performance.
You saw one short video sequence out of one of countless tests where coincidently RPM stand at 28k and that was enough for you to conclude that engine can't go higher? You must be an expert.

Turkey needs to pass a law in parliament that this aircraft only uses Turkish critical components especially engine

Otherwise we will see T129 all over again when it comes to export

Back
Top Bottom