What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Temel Kotil, Chairman of TAI: "Today, we conducted a static test on our HÜRJET static test prototype. Our aircraft showed excellent performance under full extreme load, there is not a single broken point."

@Celestyal , Could this indicate that there might be a change in the aircraft's specs regarding G limitations?

MMU will soon enter this torture chamber btw. lol

The date was brought forward as a result of the gathered simulation data. The team was made aware that they could fly an airframe in 2023. So TAI decided to use GTU-0 (originally a ground test prototype) to perform the maiden flight. The reason why you don't see a boom on the radome is traced to the sudden change of plans. They will eventually be added later on, just before the maiden flight. With the completion of CDR, production activities of Block 10 will commence. We expect little to no visual differences, but you will be able to notice the internal changes I believe.
Being quite the accelerationist myself, I'm glad the project is coming along at an accelerating rate. on the other hand, this last minute change sounds risky. I hope nothing gets overlooked and the plane doesn't crash in its maiden flight. That would be embarrassing. ...and costly

Being quite the accelerationist myself, I'm glad the project is coming along at an accelerating rate. on the other hand, this last minute change sounds risky. I hope nothing gets overlooked and the plane doesn't crash in its maiden flight. That would be embarrassing. ...and costly
TAI is used to such program shifts :) I don't think it's an issue. The aircraft was built airworthy thankfully.

Temel Kotil, Chairman of TAI: "Today, we conducted a static test on our HÜRJET static test prototype. Our aircraft showed excellent performance under full extreme load, there is not a single broken point."

@Celestyal , Could this indicate that there might be a change in the aircraft's specs regarding G limitations?

I don't think there will be massive changes to her specs. MMU's static tests will probably take place in the distant future tbh. They'll build a separate third prototype just for that purpose. And I don't think we will see her before Block 10 (aka second proto).

Thats good to know BroSEPH..

They should throw TF-X all the hard tests they can, so the TF-X could excel the tests and show outstanding performance..

Correct, better dont rush it, do it patiently is better

This F16 program follow the right procedure, but still has some problem during maiden flight.

Correct, better dont rush it, do it patiently is better

This F16 program follow the right procedure, but still has some problem during maiden flight.

Thanks for the video broseph... great video and analysis on YF-16..

big fan of this project

but what on earth have they done to the nose and cockpit and basically to the front of the aircraft ??

is this some sort of sick joke?

look at KFX and F35B beautiful to the eye

this is a eye swore!

big fan of this project

but what on earth have they done to the nose and cockpit and basically to the front of the aircraft ??

this is a eye swore!
yes at some angles cocpit looks weird but designs is this, dont expect much changes. this design gives pilot more peripheral awareness than f35

big fan of this project

this is a eye swore!
The design is unique since it is likely creating drag of airflow so you will see none of that particular nose design applied in other fighter that see speed is important but there should be reason of why they are doing that.

As I am not an expert, I cannot explain of why the design is like that. I think in this forum we have several aerospace experts like @JamD , @MirageBlue and one Vietnamese American with professional title that can explain the plus and minus of that design.

I would not call it ugly though, that is Stealth design, you can also say F117 as ugly but most defense enthusias love that design.

F 117 also has the design that can create drag, but the plane is a bomber, not fighter.

The design is unique since it is likely creating drag of airflow so you will see none of that particular nose design applied in other fighter that see speed is important but there should be reason of why they are doing that.

As I am not an expert, I cannot explain of why the design is like that. I think in this forum we have several aerospace experts like @JamD , @MirageBlue and one Vietnamese American with professional title that can explain the plus and minus of that design.

I would not call it ugly though, that is Stealth design, you can also say F117 as ugly but most defense enthusias love that design.

F 117 also has the design that can create drag, but the plane is a bomber, not fighter.
I can't speak to specifics because it's not my area of expertise but I can say that most likely it's a compromise between multitudes of aerodynamic and RCS constraints. They move things around because some vortices generated somewhere were interacting with some surface somewhere else at some angle of attack or sideslip. So visual aesthetics were the last thing on their minds.

The real challenge in this program is the engine issue, One thing is certain that this aircraft will not go into mass production with American engines, weakening of the Turkish air force has become a US policy.. I hope TEI TF6000 and TEI-TF10000 engines will be finished as soon as possible and we can see prototypes flying with this domestic engines in 2024 or 2025.

are you serious? this aircraft needs 2x35k trust you gave 20k , how is it?
I know we are not ready but we even use G.E engines for Hürjet.. Domestic engine is important as the jet itself and we cannot trust Americans that they will not put sanction on this engines..

Back
Top Bottom