What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

are you serious? this aircraft needs 2x35k trust you gave 20k , how is it?
I'm more concerned with having an engine with the correct diameter that will fit the fuselage, we might put up with lower thrust for a while but by 2030-2033 we really need a real 5. gen engine

The design is unique since it is likely creating drag of airflow so you will see none of that particular nose design applied in other fighter that see speed is important but there should be reason of why they are doing that.

As I am not an expert, I cannot explain of why the design is like that. I think in this forum we have several aerospace experts like @JamD , @MirageBlue and one Vietnamese American with professional title that can explain the plus and minus of that design.

I would not call it ugly though, that is Stealth design, you can also say F117 as ugly but most defense enthusias love that design.

F 117 also has the design that can create drag, but the plane is a bomber, not fighter.

Well, there are softwares that analyse the drag of an object. The area ruling of the design is something that one cannot decipher by looking at it just with the naked eyes.

If the ideal Sears Haack shape is obtained, with very little "bumps" in the cross-section (and viz. area ruling chart), then you will get a design that will have less transonic drag.

But I will confess that I find the MMU design to be not the best looking one out there. Something about the front fuselage just puts me off. But it may evolve further, who knows? After all the MMU hasn't even cleared CDR and is some ways away from a first flight.

Nope, ground test prototype doesnt have engine.

All prototypes will be tested on ground as well, the first flying prototypes needs to undergo many ground test before its maiden flight based on international standard. This plane will need to get type certificate, just like other planes if it follows international procedures.

Something strange about TFX program that I still dont understand is that they make the prototype even before CDR is completed, based on TAI plans CDR completion is still several years from now

This is why I said that political agenda has intervene the program that will not be good thing for the program itself.

When I suggested the same thing on Twitter, it led to a huge argument with Turks who insisted that they were doing nothing wrong and that there is no rule that a prototype cannot be developed before the CDR is completed. They also disagreed that this was a politically motivated decision.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this program moves forward.

Last edited:
What’s the status on Turkey’s talks with Rolls-Royce on manufacturing a 5th generation engine for the TFX? Last we had was a year ago and Turkey’s attempt to make a renewed pitch to Rolls-Royce

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @LegionnairE
They started a consortium called TAEC between Kale and RR, in the end it should resemble TEI.

This new company TAEC is supposed to be working on the TFX engine but like you said, no news in over a year and no corporate website or anything

We'll see what happens after the elections

Hurjet's LAD interfaces
FsTKLqJWYAI_V1Y

hjt.png

Hurjet's LAD interfaces
FsTKLqJWYAI_V1Y

View attachment 922546

Fantastic - I am happy they have adopted the single LAD concept. It makes for a lot of flexbility in the future for developing and deploying new changes and revamping the MMI if required. This LAD concept allows for better information density to be displayed which in the field of information warfare is soo important.

I had hope the JF17C also adopted a LAD but they choose to not to and i do think they missed a trick there ( most likely due to costs .. ).

TFX will be similar aswell, as are most new modern jets. Nice.

Last edited:
Fantastic - I am happy they have adopted the single LAD concept. It makes for a lot of flexbility in the future for developing and deploying new changes and revamping the MMI if required. This LAD concept allows for better information density to be displayed which in the field of information warfare is soo important.

I had hope the JF17C also adopted a LAD but they choose to not to and i do think they missed a trick there ( most likely due to costs .. ).

TFX will be similar aswell, as are most new modern jets. Nice.

We got to thank Turkish Superiority MASTERY here for this SINGLE LAD concept..

this proto will fly within 7-8 months
Why do you think there's a lead time till December? A LOT of parts need to be replaced with flightworthy parts and a lot of systems need to be installed. The aircraft that we saw CANNOT fly. Trust me.

Why do you think there's a lead time till December? A LOT of parts need to be replaced with flightworthy parts and a lot of systems need to be installed. The aircraft that we saw CANNOT fly. Trust me.
Correct. The aircraft will receive a boom, overpressure relief doors, etc. This aircraft was originally not meant to fly. However a change in the schedule meant that TAI had to transform it into one. In the end of 2023, GTU-0/P0 should fly.

Correct. The aircraft will receive a boom, overpressure relief doors, etc. This aircraft was originally not meant to fly. However a change in the schedule meant that TAI had to transform it into one. In the end of 2023, GTU-0/P0 should fly.
I just hope that installation of an ejection seat is also in the works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom