What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

If everything goes according to plan, we will be able to finish the prototype of 20-30kN Turbofan by 2023.

View attachment 194055

For a Turbo-fan engine which is intended to being used on a plane...if we put in 10 of Billions $...maybe we can finish by 2035....
I wonder why things just take so long.. Look at Pakistan and Iran, they look fine with their own engines.

Did Russia just give them all the techs and production capabilities altogether?

@Sinan When does Turkey plan to retire its fleet of 236 F-16s?

F-35A/Bs, TF-X1s, and F-16s will make TAF a very lethal air force..

I wonder why things just take so long.. Look at Pakistan and Iran, they look fine with their own engines.

Pakistan doesn't have a jet engine.

We have turbo-engines for cruise missiles and stuff...but a turbo-fan jet engine is something even Chinese have problems with!!

And Iran doesn't have a jet engine either... lol

Pakistan doesn't have a jet engine.

We have turbo-engines for cruise missiles and stuff...but a turbo-fan jet engine is something even Chinese have problems with!!

And Iran doesn't have a jet engine either... lol
Oh sorry then lol! xD

Pakistan doesn't have a jet engine....As for Iranians...they don't able to produce, it's just mullah propaganda. I mean they say that "their drones can fly thousands of miles in supersonic speed..while evading incoming missiles it can shoot enemy aircrafts"... Iran Unveils Drones With ‘Smart Missiles’

Don't compare us with Iran.

As far as i know TF-Xs are intended to replace F-16 fleet...so we can say there is still time for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it very hard to fit ge f-110-129 with hidden thrust vectoring nozzles?

Pakistan doesn't have a jet engine....As for Iranians...they don't able to produce shit, it's just mullah propaganda. I mean they say that "their drones can fly thousands of miles in supersonic speed..while evading incoming missiles it can shoot enemy aircrafts"... Iran Unveils Drones With ‘Smart Missiles’

Don't compare us with Iran. It's an insult for us to get compared with them.

:disagree:

As mentioned by our fellow forumers, there is a big difference between engines for a missile or rocket and Jets. There is no way Iran or Pakistan could achieve this simply because it costs way to much to develop and produce one. I can see iran reverse engineer some F-5 engines with a few tweeks but thats all they will get.

I dont even think Turkey will be succesfully developing one without atleast spending billions upon billions on such thing for development and ToT (if possible). Personally i would just do what we always do, try to base it around an existing and proven platform with some Turkish contribution and go from there(Like Firtina, Altay etc). Seems like the most efficient and fastest way to me.

Does it very hard to fit ge f-110-129 with hidden thrust vectoring nozzles?

Pretty much any jet engine can be designed to fit if the need is there.

It will indeed. AFAIK the TF-X and F-35 are going to replace majority of our F-16 fleet. F-35 having the mulitrole/bomber role, while being complemented by TF-X which most likely wil take the Air Superiority figher role.

Guys we need your brain storm about tfx and their future variants lets start

1.jpg

for example we choosed this model for Air to Air superiority long range more speed like this

question : İf we wanna use our national fighter on LHD or CVN (national design ) which model we have to design ( like F18 s h )

for example if can we make this green circle model ( but with double engine ) is it possible use on our LHD or CVN
(with catapult etc )

1 - Kopya.jpg

I would prefer a Bomber Variant like FB-22, but with greater Cruise Missile load capacity !

FB-22_p0310001.JPG

FB-22_p0210001.JPG

Guys we need your brain storm about tfx and their future variants lets start

View attachment 197426

for example we choosed this model for Air to Air superiority long range more speed like this

question : İf we wanna use our national fighter on LHD or CVN (national design ) which model we have to design ( like F18 s h )

for example if can we make this green circle model ( but with double engine ) is it possible use on our LHD or CVN
(with catapult etc )

View attachment 197442
I didn't think it was possible, or at least not in talks that a catapult would be added to our LPD..

Let's first produce an engine for the Hurkus, then we can worry about the TFX

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom