What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Which Muslim country should we team up to develop a powerfull engine for TF-X ? Is there any country that have serious infastructure to develop an engine Turkey requires ? Why should we team up to develop avionic/electronics, While Turkey's Aselsan is providing state of art electronic and avionics for already flying aerial platforms ? I didn't get some points.

he means iran....:-)

Turkey should team up with other advanced Muslim countries to make a good powerful engine for their fighter planes, the same with avionics and electronics suites.
If everything revolves around the engine, than that must be prioritized.

We should team up with Malasia, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. To produce any hitech product; you need customers, you need R&D money; you need supporting technologies and R&D infrastructure; you need willpower. You may need to buy some technology from countries who will not object to your team partners.

Customers - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia
Money - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia
R&D and Knowhow - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia

Turkey can provide
70% of R&D
60% of knowhow
50% of market
50% of money

Malasia can provide
10% of R&D
10% of knowhow
10% of market
10% of money

Saudi Arabia can provide
10% of R&D
0% of knowhow
20% of market
20% of money

Indonesia can provide
10% of R&D
0% of knowhow
20% of market
20% of money

And you have a team.

Last edited:
We should team up with Malasia, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. To produce any hitech product; you need customers, you need R&D money; you need supporting technologies and R&D infrastructure; you need willpower. You may need to buy some technology from countries who will not object to your team partners.

R&D (and supporting technologies) - ...Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia

Now, it's just a wonderful dream. :coffee:

I think Turkey is still the best in term of engine development in the Muslim world.

But just for information, the potential Indonesian company who can produce aircraft engine is this PT Nusantara Turbin, which is a subsidiary of PT Dirgantara (state owned). Currently this company is cooperating with Siemens in making new joint company for tapping industrial turbine market in our country. Since 2011 based on old News the new joint factory to make steam turbine has already been operated, with annual production of 40 units steam turbine. PT Nusantara Turbin itself has been operating since 1998.

On recent development, we will also get TOT inshaALLAH from Su-35 acquisition but still dont know whether engine will be part of the scheme

Surely we also need engine for our KFX version (IFX)

PT Nusantara Turbin Propulsi: Private Company Information - Businessweek

PT Nusantara Turbin Propulsi manufactures aircraft components and industrial turbines in Indonesia. It also offers aero engine maintenance services. The company is based in Bandung, Indonesia. PT Nusantara Turbin Propulsi operates as a subsidiary of PT Dirgantara.

Jl. Pajajaran 154

Bandung, 40174 Indonesia
Phone: 62 02 263 1985
Fax: 62 02 263 7747

Last edited:
Last edited:
None of these countries has the technological capacity for R&D at an advanced level too high, even only 10%. May be Saudi Arabia in 25-30 years. :coffee:

You are our only hope.

So why did our science and technology minister visit Malasia in an effort to find microprocessor venture partners? He must have no clue about the tech world, you should advise him with your insight. We don't have a turbine manifacturer and Indonesia does. Saudi Arabia can catch up in no time, just give them a goal and promise them an engine. They will have to prepare for post petrol era anyway.

So why did our science and technology minister visit Malasia in an effort to find microprocessor venture partners? He must have no clue about the tech world, you should advise him with your insight. We don't have a turbine manifacturer and Indonesia does. Saudi Arabia can catch up in no time, just give them a goal and promise them an engine. They will have to prepare for post petrol era anyway.

Malasia, it’s a joke. :partay:

Gas turbine here :

GCC States Economy & Development | Page 2

GCC States Economy & Development | Page 3

Microprocessor here (to
Thread #25) :

GCC States Economy & Development | Page 2

Why don't you speak with your own words and dump heaps of nonsense. Malasia has microprocessor foundries which we don't have. Don't you remember the times when every hitech product was "Made in Malasia"?

Saudi Arabia can simply buy tech that will take decades to develop otherwise and build on top of it.

Which Muslim country should we team up to develop a powerfull engine for TF-X ? Is there any country that have serious infastructure to develop an engine Turkey requires ? Why should we team up to develop avionic/electronics, While Turkey's Aselsan is providing state of art electronic and avionics for already flying aerial platforms ? I didn't get some points.
Some can, the UAE and SA for example have some very interesting JV with European and American firms. Do not underestimate the other Muslim countries in general. I am talking about a team work that can bear a lot of fruits.
I wasn't implying the engine for TF-X in particular but jet engines in general. Pakistan could make nuclear bombs and mastered the nuclear cycle on its own, Egypt made missiles in the 50' 60' and warplanes on its own too, they had jet engines that they have sold to India in the 60', and there are many other known and unknown achievements...

Customers - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia
Money - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia
R&D and Knowhow - Turkey, Indonesia, Malasia, Saudi Arabia

Turkey can provide
70% of R&D
60% of knowhow
50% of market
50% of money

Malasia can provide
10% of R&D
10% of knowhow
10% of market
10% of money

Saudi Arabia can provide
10% of R&D
0% of knowhow
20% of market
20% of money

Indonesia can provide
10% of R&D
0% of knowhow
20% of market
20% of money

And you have a team.
If we add 10% of know-how from Egypt and another 10% from Pakistan, plus even fraction percentages from other Muslim countries we end up with almost 100% of know how and that is what I have implied by teaming up.

Some can, the UAE and SA for example have some very interesting JV with European and American firms. Do not underestimate the other Muslim countries in general. I am talking about a team work that can bear a lot of fruits.
I wasn't implying the engine for TF-X in particular but jet engines in general. Pakistan could make nuclear bombs and mastered the nuclear cycle on its own, Egypt made missiles in the 50' 60' and warplanes on its own too, they had jet engines that they have sold to India in the 60', and there are many other known and unknown achievements...

If we add 10% of know-how from Egypt and another 10% from Pakistan, plus even fraction percentages from other Muslim countries we end up with almost 100% of know how and that is what I have implied by teaming up.

Egypt is objectionable as it is. Pakistan is acceptable but not preferrable. You need to go picky for some reasons. Politics can play a big role. You need a lead country which is Turkey and which is also the biggest market. Other countries would basicly chip in to get engines and not the knowhow and get some workshare and some R&D boost for their economy. And some countries can get engines as customers.

Egypt is objectionable as it is. Pakistan is acceptable but not preferrable. You need to go picky for some reasons. Politics can play a big role. You need a lead country which is Turkey and which is also the biggest market. Other countries would basicly chip in to get engines and not the knowhow and get some workshare and some R&D boost for their economy. And some countries can get engines as customers.
Actually what I mean is other countries can be assigned with specialized parts.

Lol at this logic.

I think we should build a Balkan engine...10% from Bulgaria,10% from Greece,10% Albania,10% Romania ,10 % Serbia,10% Bosnia,10% Croatia,10% Montenegro,10% Macedonia,10% Kosovo...et voila !! Balkan 5th generation jet engine !

:lol:

Lol at this logic.

I think we should build a Balkan engine...10% from Bulgaria,10% from Greece,10% Albania,10% Romania ,10 % Serbia,10% Bosnia,10% Croatia,10% Montenegro,10% Macedonia,10% Kosovo...et voila !! Balkan 5th generation jet engine !

:lol:
Why not, that is your problem!
Russia...oops, America...oops will help you with that!:woot:

Back
Top Bottom