What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

I will be shocked if Turkey decide to develop an engine on his own. Of all the subsystems, engine is probably the most expensive,lengthy,difficult to develop. USA spend 2 billion and 20 years to mature F119 even USA is the obvious leader on engine technology.
We will most likely have two competitors. Kale-Rolls Royce joint company and TEI-General Electrics. Both companies said that they will develop jet engines.

I will be shocked if Turkey decide to develop an engine on his own. Of all the subsystems, engine is probably the most expensive,lengthy,difficult to develop. USA spend 2 billion and 20 years to mature F119 even USA is the obvious leader on engine technology.

Yes,you are right and i think turkey will get help from rolls-royce.Rolls-Royce is capable to develop jet engine and turkish one will probaply based on rolls-royce engine.Remember rolls-royce gave life to russian aerospace ındustry when ww2 ended.They can do the same to us.

Well, we won't develop it on our own, consultants are available, and ppl are professional, so if you get the right knowhow and work focused I can't see why we shouldn't have a jet engine ready for the Hurjet. Even a slow one would be enough to begin with since we'll be building on the experience we gain from it.

Once TF-X and Hürjet like platforms powered by national turbofan engines along with Atak-2 rotorcraft with own turboshafts developed/produced successfully became operational, Turkish nation will reach a very strong deterrence that is able to protect not only own interests against anyone in region, but also to change big boys’ power balance to re-draw the destiny of regions in favour of own benefits. Turkish industry is proceeding with sure steps and Roadways are ready. RR will most probably be the technology provider for 27000lbf turbofan. Such powerfull national systems in the hands of a nation who loves own country/flag/values/land/history will be much more deadly than anyone who have them right now. Noone can block the rise of Turkish nation/flag/anthem.

We will most likely have two competitors. Kale-Rolls Royce joint company and TEI-General Electrics. Both companies said that they will develop jet engines.

Temel Kotil (CEO TAI) talks about jet engines capable of 27.000 pounds of thrust. He is saying that SSM created 'TR Motor', and that TAI is a part of this company. First I heard of TR Motor. Anyone have any more info about this?

This means there will be 3 local companies in the running for the jet-engine: TAEC (Rolls-Kale JV), TEI and TR Motor.

Is Eurojet's ToT offer still on the table? Maybe they went for Eurojet's offer and created 'TR Motor' as a result?

Temel Kotil (CEO TAI) talks about jet engines capable of 27.000 pounds of thrust. He is saying that SSM created 'TR Motor', and that TAI is a part of this company. First I heard of TR Motor. Anyone have any more info about this?

This means there will be 3 local companies in the running for the jet-engine: TAEC (Rolls-Kale JV), TEI and TR Motor.

Is Eurojet's ToT offer still on the table? Maybe they went for Eurojet's offer and created 'TR Motor' as a result?

eurojet have left the tender, they couldn't compete with ther shit offer.

Last edited:
eurojet have left the tender, they couldn't compete with ther shit offer.

That highly-eloquent statement is based on what technical details??

Or could it be that Eurojet - since partnered by both Italy and Germany - has currently a slightly different perception of the political situation and simply refused to offer?

2EE50ACB-5EFC-4ACC-B2F3-4E9C77D1F8A9.jpeg

Last edited:
That highly-eloquent statement is based on what technical details??

Or could it be that Eurojet - since partnered by both Italy and Germany - has currently a slightly different perception of the political situation and simply refused to offer?

They came with modification to ther current engine, it would increase 30% thrust and little bit lower feul comsumption. They told us ther is no need to develop another engine because ther is ej200 engine. So they didn't came with new offer for a new design. They have retreat from the tender.

http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/eurojet-pulled-back-from-tfx-tender/5287/1

Sounds very much different to your previous comment and "shit offer"!

Good to see you here Deino , 2 questions ;

Will there be any IP or technical issues with new engine because MTU designed the EJ200 core ?
I haven't seen anything about thrust vectoring about RR offered engine , Any info ?

Good to see you here Deino , 2 questions ;

Will there be any IP or technical issues with new engine because MTU designed the EJ200 core ?
I haven't seen anything about thrust vectoring about RR offered engine , Any info ?
He is not the Deno you think.

Back
Top Bottom