What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

"There was no country that could made their 5th generation fighter jet fly after 8-10 years of development"

This is a false statement. For instance, F-35 development started in 1992, X-35, the first ever test bed of F-35 made it's first flight in 2000, after 8 years.

Some people also misunderstood of our TF-X's first flight aim as 2023. In 2023, TF-X will not be "mission ready". It will be dull, empty body that has minimum avionics that will lead platform to fly. Then one more decade, lots of new systems will be integrated/re-integrated/changed/updated/removed etc.

There won't be "matured TF-X" in 2023.

"There was no country that could made their 5th generation fighter jet fly after 8-10 years of development"

This is a false statement. For instance, F-35 development started in 1992, X-35, the first ever test bed of F-35 made it's first flight in 2000, after 8 years.

Some people also misunderstood of our TF-X's first flight aim as 2023. In 2023, TF-X will not be "mission ready". It will be dull, empty body that has minimum avionics that will lead platform to fly. Then one more decade, lots of new systems will be integrated/re-integrated/changed/updated/removed etc.

There won't be "matured TF-X" in 2023.

You just compared US and Turkey. Even for the maiden flight its a very ambitious target.

Delivery in 2030....*BS* For that to happend we'd have to buy a finished version of Gripen or something and paint it with turkish flag, the paint job would take 8-12 years...

When filth start making claims like that despite us not having an indigenous engine, you know we're going to buy it from somewhere.

C'mon, what did you expected? Did any of you who is now so surprised or disappointed informed him self what time it took the US to develop F35 or EU states to develop Eurofighter or do you see what time do russian need to develop SU57?? It's a fighter jet and not new bicycle it allways takes much longer then the first estimate says, you want to be at the top of world so get used to those readjustments and pls grow up and do not behave like children just because you think you know all informations and all plans schedules while you actually know nothing and have only wild assumptions about all those plans without any credibility! How are you as normal citizens supposed to know all those secret plans? Why can't you just be happy and proud that your country has plans and skills to start and work on all those incredible projects in past few years, what other country, except China, had such big improvemt of its industry in past years like Turkey did!? Unbelievable how pessimistic, impatient and unrealistic you are.

The thing is turkey aims technological development with this project.Full scale development and we all know 5th gen fighter jets are most advanced systems in defence industry.If you can make 5th gen fighter you can do everything.While we aim technological development and not to build just a plane 2026 is fine.If you want to make a plane you can make it fly in 2023 even before 2023.But that doesnt help our tech capability.Remember when TF-X first announced they said tfx will use foreign engine but now Temel Kotil said we started to develop domestic jet engine with 27k lb thrust power same as F-22 engine.As you see we want to know How to do everything not just a plane.

My point is this project is not only developing a plane but full scale technoogical development.Delays is normal.Yes our air force fleets retiring but that why we buy russian S-400 and developing hisar family.So it will be fine.

I dont know if your comments are directed at me but I am not criticizing Turkey for delaying the timeline or that it is taking its time. The project is advancing in a very normal pace.
It is statements of unrealistic timelines, such as first flight in 2023. I knew back then that it was unrealistic and I know now that it is unrealistic. Good to see more realistic timelines are being announced, though as I said it is still not completely realistic.

In my book even if we see the first flight without any crashes before 2030 it is a huge success.

I dont know if your comments are directed at me but I am not criticizing Turkey for delaying the timeline or that it is taking its time. The project is advancing in a very normal pace.
It is statements of unrealistic timelines, such as first flight in 2023. I knew back then that it was unrealistic and I know now that it is unrealistic. Good to see more realistic timelines are being announced, though as I said it is still not completely realistic.

In my book even if we see the first flight without any crashes before 2030 it is a huge success.
My comments are not directed at you.Im just saying delays are totally normal .

If we succeed with Hurjet in 1-2 years (2018-2019) we'd have a better chance to have a first flight by the stated timeline right ?

Hürjet Movement from TAI

Temel Kotil, Chief Executive Officer of Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI / TAI), announced that they are working on a jet engine training aircraft named Hürjet. Kotil said that company started to work on the jet engine version of Hürkuş turboprop engine turbine aircraft produced for Turkish Armed Forces. Kotil stated that jet trainer which current class using in air forces are being worked on an , and that the existing Hürkuş design team is directed to this project with the own resources of TAI.

Reminding that the avionics of Hürkuş were developed locally, Kotil stated that these gains would also be an advantage in the design of the jet version of Hürkuş. Temel Kotil, who reminded that the basic trainer aircraft Hürkuş will start to be delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces from June 2018, said: "We continue to produce aircraft and we must continue. We want to grow 25 percent every year. We need to do something extraordinary to ensure this. "

Kotil, didn't give answer to C4Defence questions about the design of the aircraft in the preliminary design phase stating that the detailed information. Kotil stated that there is no demand from the Air Force for this issue. According to the information given by C4Defence, while the names of Hürkuş and Hürjet cause the same aircraft to be understood as jet and turboprop engine versions, a new aircraft design may come into being because dual engines are preferred in jet engine training aircraft .

source: http://en.c4defence.com/Archive/hurjet-movement-from-tai/4754/1

The thing is turkey aims technological development with this project.Full scale development and we all know 5th gen fighter jets are most advanced systems in defence industry.If you can make 5th gen fighter you can do everything.While we aim technological development and not to build just a plane 2026 is fine.If you want to make a plane you can make it fly in 2023 even before 2023.But that doesnt help our tech capability.Remember when TF-X first announced they said tfx will use foreign engine but now Temel Kotil said we started to develop domestic jet engine with 27k lb thrust power same as F-22 engine.As you see we want to know How to do everything not just a plane.

My point is this project is not only developing a plane but full scale technoogical development.Delays is normal.Yes our air force fleets retiring but that why we buy russian S-400 and developing hisar family.So it will be fine.
I will be shocked if Turkey decide to develop an engine on his own. Of all the subsystems, engine is probably the most expensive,lengthy,difficult to develop. USA spend 2 billion and 20 years to mature F119 even USA is the obvious leader on engine technology.

I will be shocked if Turkey decide to develop an engine on his own. Of all the subsystems, engine is probably the most expensive,lengthy,difficult to develop. USA spend 2 billion and 20 years to mature F119 even USA is the obvious leader on engine technology.
I agree. USA has the advantage of the material knowlage and production tech. As you know parts of jet engines are working at extreme conditions. Because of this problem they need really weird and extreme material properties. This is a plus for them. On the other hand we do not have the wast knowlage needed to build the basic engine parts. So; we need to aquire these technology first if we want to build it on our own. This means when we compare us with USA we will need much more effort, manpower, resources, time dedicated to the project.

Back
Top Bottom