What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

DV58H9TW0AA6QX-.jpg

I couldn’t figure it out. We need more detail images.
tail design kind of resembles F16, although I'm sure it'll be smaller. Yak 130 is 4 meters shorter than F16 that's substantial. Shorter wingspan too.

I'm sure the wingspan will be close to F16, training rookie pilots won't be flying very fast, a lower cruise speed would be more benefitial. More hardpoints for when we ultimately convert this to a light attack aircraft too. I would suggest making the wingspan no shorter than 11meters.

another thing is, you want to keep the engines at low speed and energy to keep the heat output low against heat-seeking missiles. That will be important if we convert Hürjet to an attack aircraft.

Last edited:
tail design kind of resembles F16, although I'm sure it'll be smaller. Yak 130 is 4 meters shorter than F16 that's substantial. Shorter wingspan too.

I'm sure the wingspan will be close to F16, training rookie pilots won't be flying very fast, a lower cruise speed would be more benefitial. More hardpoints for when we ultimately convert this to a light attack aircraft too. I would suggest making the wingspan no shorter than 11meters.

another thing is, you want to keep the engines at low speed and energy to keep the heat output low against heat-seeking missiles. That will be important if we convert Hürjet to an attack aircraft.

More like a strangely shaped - I would not say deformed, but the canopy is "strange" at best - L-15-derivate!

IMO a much easier way to start a basis for a NG-trainer....

L-15C.jpg

More like a strangely shaped - I would not say deformed, but the canopy is "strange" at best - L-15-derivate!

IMO a much easier way to start a basis for a NG-trainer....

View attachment 454649

It would make sense that it looks like an L-15, since we suspect they will be using Ukrainian engine like L-15 does.

It would make sense that it looks like an L-15, since we suspect they will be using Ukrainian engine like L-15 does.

But why then re-inventing the wheel if an L-15-based design - which is a decent and finalised design - equipped with the latest avionics could be a much simpler solution?

But why then re-inventing the wheel if an L-15-based design - which is a decent and finalised design - equipped with the latest avionics could be a much simpler solution?

It'll be a Turkish wheel instead of a Chinese wheel... If Turkey wanted to take the simple route, I doubt it would leave the NATO 'ecosystem'.

What I find suspicious is the fact that alone in the last half-year we've seen about three different configurations of the new trainer while at the same time others already claim and insist a prototype is ready, close to being finished or whatever. We all remember that crude mock-of being shown for the US TFX contest, where some insisted is as a ready to fly prototype.

IMO this only shows the final configuration is far from settled and consequently it will take some more time ...

What I find suspicious is the fact that alone in the last half-year we've seen about three different configurations of the new trainer while at the same time others already claim and insist a prototype is ready, close to being finished or whatever. We all remember that crude mock-of being shown for the US TFX contest, where some insisted is as a ready to fly prototype.

IMO this only shows the final configuration is far from settled and consequently it will take some more time ...

That mock-up for the US tender is not the same project though, I dont think Sierra Nevada is involved in the Hürjet project or at least it was never communicated.

Back
Top Bottom