What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

That mock-up for the US tender is not the same project though, I dont think Sierra Nevada is involved in the Hürjet project or at least it was never communicated.

Really !?? I thought the model under consideration with Sierra Nevada is based on the same Hürjet concept ... thanks for pointing this out.
Therefore my surprise.

Really !?? I thought the model under consideration with Sierra Nevada is based on the same Hürjet concept ... thanks for pointing this out.
Therefore my surprise.

TAI has never stated something like that, but maybe there will be cooperation. But the CEO said they will do it on their own, but we also know that Turkish leaders and bosses like to speak big and loud, so lets wait and see.

What bothers me is the stupidity encircling our government. we should already have had F35 in our inventory, and not wait for clarification on whether it was going to be A or B. 6 week training ?

And how many pilots will be trained at a time ???

with 10 F35A in our inventory we could have trained the pilots ourselves!

What bothers me is the stupidity encircling our government. we should already have had F35 in our inventory, and not wait for clarification on whether it was going to be A or B. 6 week training ?

And how many pilots will be trained at a time ???

with 10 F35A in our inventory we could have trained the pilots ourselves!

The reason why they didn't buy is because the F35 is not 100% battle ready, ther is bugs in the weapon system. They should fix the problem with block3 upgrade, you should read more about defence news. When you buy the fighter you have to pay for the upgrade, why paying 2 times when you can pay 1 time?

The reason why they didn't buy is because the F35 is not 100% battle ready, ther is bugs in the weapon system. They should fix the problem with block3 upgrade, you should read more about defence news. When you buy the fighter you have to pay for the upgrade, why paying 2 times when you can pay 1 time?

Don't forget Turkish weapons integration.

acquiring the plane should have taken precedence. The knowledge and whatever else we could have gained by having the plane in our inventory (even as test plane) could have justified the additional cost of having to pay for the upgrade. Besides whether you like it or not we're going/already paying for the additional expenses.

Therefore my surprise.

The co-operation between SNC and TAI was so that Turkish Aerospace Engineers gained knowledge, Turkey isn't half assing it like you think it is.

095c4ef2-2edb-43b4-99c7-92172c919851.png

asking for Chinese help will be the only viable way to have 5th fighter in 10 years time with reasonable TOT, or just buy more F-35s from the U.S, the rests are no more than a fancy PPT, even with European's help

"Zvezda" TV channel tells about the fifth-generation fighter aircraft Su-57, the installation batch of which is to be supplied to the Russian Federation Air Force next year.

1) The mass of composite materials is 25% of the weight of the empty aircraft. At the same time, the Su-57 has four times less details than the Su-27.
Composite material consists of a substrate reinforced with a filler. This allows to provide strength with a serious reduction in weight characteristics.

2) With the help of the newest radar, the Su-57 can "see" the targets beyond other machines. It's about air, land, and surface targets.
The Su-57 radar with an active phased array that contains 1,526 transceiver modules provides the aircraft with a long range of detection, multi-channel tracking of targets and the use of guided missile weapons.
3) Su-57 can destroy the enemy in the rear hemisphere, and for this it does not need to make a turn.
This is achieved thanks to the return start mode, when the rocket starts in the opposite direction of the carrier aircraft flight, and also thanks to the rear-view radar.
4) Catapult chair Su-57 is able to save at any altitude, even from the ground. In the future, it will be able to make a decision to save without the participation of the pilot.
This was in an interview with the site of the TV channel "Star" told the general director of holding "Technodinamics" Igor Nasenkov. According to him, pilots with a weight from 45 to 110 kg can work in the chair. The automation system has significantly improved: thanks to the built-in sensors, the parachute input is accurately determined even if there is no information on the speed of flight from the aircraft's airborne systems during the ejection.

5) Su-57 is able to fight both alone and within the framework of the "single field" concept. Each machine will be the "eyes" and "ears" of the entire army.
The aircraft will be able to transmit target data to both other aircraft and ground-based air defense systems, and vice versa, to receive target designation from them. At the same time, the on-board control system can accompany up to 60 targets while simultaneously firing 16 of them. This allows many times to increase the effectiveness of fighters and reduce combat losses.

Back
Top Bottom