What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

unlikely, we all know how little export did french rafale get. When this project is done Azerbaijan will buy 30-40 planes and that's it. Maybe some 30-40 to Qatar.

rest of the gulf hates us right now.
Well TR influnce sphere is not only GCC...

I said it years ago, I'll say it again, we don't need this project, we should instead spend our time and energy into making civilian airliners. We will benefit much more from that. There's a huge market there.

if you order a bunch of planes from Boeing it takes them a year to deliver. There's so much demand.

The problem there is that its a very competitive market and very hard to penetrate. The Russians and Chinese are even struggling. The Chinese atleast have a shit ton of domestic airlines to count on but it has yet to succed in the international stage. On the other hand there are also already plentyfull of regional aircraft manufracturers.

Also welcome back bro! How have you been?

The problem there is that its a very competitive market and very hard to penetrate. The Russians and Chinese are even struggling. The Chinese atleast have a shit ton of domestic airlines to count on but it has yet to succed in the international stage. On the other hand there are also already plentyfull of regional aircraft manufracturers.

Also welcome back bro! How have you been?
Perhaps it would be more difficult but it would be a step in the right direction in my opinion. We already have a multi-role 5th generation fighter that is F35. Personally I would be making a twin engine version of Hürkuş with an M62 cannon. I would use it like a mini a-10. That's something we don't have :)

Thanks I've been good. I'm going through life it's been complicated but I'm pulling through.

Well, the issue here is that we don't have the knowledge or factories to spit out engines. And we've suffered quite a bit under this. Which meant we needed to be smart with regards to how we used our ressources. But if there is a patriotic/nationalistic will and money to push through this. Then we should, and we should keep it alive, regardsless of US, BAE or anyone else selling us engines for 1 USD/£. So we don't lose this capability every again.

Yes, it may be waste of ressources, but nevertheless we need to push through this. for Anka, Altay, Milgem and TFX.

Looks like FX wings arent small ?? stall speed will be high ?
I can't tell from looking at the model but if wings end up being large, it suggests that the plane is optimised for low speed & high endurance.

Which is what F35 is. So bad call in my opinion. I'd prefer the plane that's supposed to replace F16 to be a bit faster than F16. Mach 2.2 - 2.5 would be good.

F35 will be primarily used for bomging, this could be our interceptor.

MMU is somewhere between F-22 and J-31.

J-31 => 40m2 wing area, 17.3m lenght, 1.8mach maximum speed, 2x19.000lbf turbofan engines, 52k ft max alt.
MMU => 60m2 wing area, 19.0m lenght, 2.0mach maximum speed, 2x20.000lbf turbofan engines, 55k ft max alt.
F-22 => 78m2 wing area, 18.9m lenght, 2.25mach maximum speed, 2x35.000lbf turbofan engines, 65k ft max alt.

so 88 kilonewtons, per engine F110 has 131 kilonewtons of thrust.
:undecided:

We should've used F110

the plane would be %10 heavier but it would have 262 kilonewtons of thrust instead of 176 kilonewtons. So better thrust-to-weight ratio.

Perhaps fuel efficiency was seen as an issiue.

Last edited:
Looks like FX wings arent small ?? stall speed will be high ?

Wing area is actually quite large for the plane's size: -

The wing area is close to that of the F-22, and more than double that of the F-16, even though the size and weight are similar to an F-35. This thing is gonna be a beast.

I wonder if the engine specs are dry or wet thrust though. If dry, it implies they're going to use a RR engine because the EJ-2x0 doesn't fit with that spec.

Wing span is also as important as wing area, that's going to effect the drag of the plane.

unlikely, we all know how little export did french rafale get. When this project is done Azerbaijan will buy 30-40 planes and that's it. Maybe some 30-40 to Qatar.

rest of the gulf hates us right now.

If you look at the fact that TF-X will not be ready for export till 2030 onwards then there are great export opportunities for TF-X. Both BD and Pakistan are growing quite well and their economies will be large enough to purchase at least 50 TF-X fighters each by then.Just the Muslim nations could buy at least 200 planes.
Making your own weapons is the most important thing to become a more independent country, more so than airliners.
Unfortunately Turkey is not large enough to compete with US, EU or China in the jet airliner business. With civilian airliners, the engine tech is even more difficult than military as it needs to be more reliable and fuel efficient.

so 88 kilonewtons, per engine F110 has 131 kilonewtons of thrust.
:undecided:

We should've used F110

the plane would be %10 heavier but it would have 262 kilonewtons of thrust instead of 176 kilonewtons. So better thrust-to-weight ratio.

Perhaps fuel efficiency was seen as an issiue.
We have been offered f110?
Or Americans would give f110 engine if Turkey was interested?

We have been offered f110?
Or Americans would give f110 engine if Turkey was interested?
of course, it's the previous generation engine. It's old and heavy, weighs two tons but it's powerful. Single F110 powers an F16.

Main advantage is, we already use it and we have a supply line for it's spare parts, we have trained technical crews on it, etc.

of course, it's the previous generation engine. It's old and heavy, weighs two tons but it's powerful. Single F110 powers an F16.

Main advantage is, we already use it and we have a supply line for it's spare parts, we have trained technical crews on it, etc.
This f110 engine like work hourse. f110 appears to be the most reliable engine which has the most lifespan.
Nothing could be compared with f110's lifespan.
But the USA are supporting ypg, making war against Turkey.

This f110 engine like work hourse. f110 appears to be the most reliable engine which has the most lifespan.
Nothing could be compared with f110's lifespan.
But the USA are supporting ypg, making war against Turkey.
I'm only suggesting it as a temporary measure until TEI makes a national engine.

Back
Top Bottom