What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

I may be a little pessimist here but you can't develop a state of the art 5th. gen jet in 9-10 years if you're starting from scratch.
I wouldn't call it pessimism. you're just not being over-optimistic.

I think that Turkey needs a partner country which has a developed aerospace industry. Either Japan or South Korea would be a good choice as they already have 5th Gen aircraft programs and have good relations with Turkey.

@Kaan

Did your PM approve the TFX project ???

I wouldn't call it pessimism. you're just not being over-optimistic.

I think that Turkey needs a partner country which has a developed aerospace industry. Either Japan or South Korea would be a good choice as they already have 5th Gen aircraft programs and have good relations with Turkey.

@Kaan

Did your PM approve the TFX project ???
Work has already started regarding the project.

In Savunma ve Havacılık 161 i saw adv. of Eurojet... They are willing to sell us EJ200...

This official pic. released for 103. anniversary by our Air force on the main page (2nd announcement)

Türk Hava Kuvvetleri

Should this pic. mean something for us or do you think it's just symbolic ?.. We already know our Air Force wants single engined one but as you know there are 2 single engined options... Maybe Air Force wants the one with canard-delta configuration...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Building a jet is not that difficult. We just make. Dummy plane like China that can take off and land and show off. Making a true fighter jet is much more difficult. Unlike China we have access to tech transfer which will help us catch up with lost time.

Turkey is not a country that needs to show off. We are slowly building up our tech base and when we make a jet it will be one that truly matters.

I hope Japan changes its constitution asap so they can help us. They wanted to sell us Mitsubishi engine. It didn't go through because of bureaucracy :/

This official pic. released for 103. anniversary by our Air force on the main page (2nd announcement)

Türk Hava Kuvvetleri

Should this pic. mean something for us or do you think it's just symbolic ?.. We already know our Air Force wants single engined one but as you know there are 2 single engined options... Maybe Air Force wants the one with canard-delta configuration...

View attachment 34611

View attachment 34612
I hope they dont choose single engine, we have allready F-16 and F-35.

So when is the government announcing what type of aircraft Turkish Air Force will have?

It has been ages and we still don't know!

I see many people want single engined one but i wonder why our Air Force insists on single engined TFX...

I also want single engined because of some reasons... I'm not expert for sure but i have some reasons, maybe they are wrong...

So when is the government announcing what type of aircraft Turkish Air Force will have?

It has been ages and we still don't know!
Nobody knows that exactly.

I see many people want single engined one but i wonder why our Air Force insists on single engined TFX...
I also want single engined because of some reasons... I'm not expert for sure but i have some reasons, maybe they are wrong...
Booth single and twin engine configuration have their advantages and disadvantages, im also not much knowledged about the issue but Turkish airforce has only single engine multirole fighters, i think its time for a twin engine Air superiority fighter like F-15 or even better F-22.

Türk Hava Kuvvetleri

View attachment 34611

View attachment 34612

Just symbolic mate. They didn't decide on the engine yet.

And i remember Cabatlı told us Tuaf insists on the two engined configurations with either EJ-230 or F110-GE-132. Time will tell

Just symbolic mate. They didn't decide on the engine yet.

And i remember Cabatlı told us Tuaf insists on the two engined configurations with either EJ-230 or F110-GE-132. Time will tell

As i remember TAI offers twin engine Air Force insists on single engine...

Anyways as you say let's wait & see...

As the F-16 and Gripen already exist for the single-engine 4th-gen market, Korea will also enter with its single-engine KFX, and China gradually increasing its export reach with its own offerings, what does Turkey project its production run will look like? If it doesn't have strong exports, won't TFX simply drain defense funds that could be better allocated elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom