What's new

Terrorist Attack On PAF camp Badaber : 29 people massacred, 13 terrorists killed.

I have yet to see any credible proof of Indian hand in terror in Pakistan.

This is not about principles. This is about national interests.

If you hit us here, we will hit you somewhere else. Harder. Disproportionately.

The days of knights in shining armor, carved lances, and white stallions are good for the story books.

Let me put forward a hypothetical scenario.

India killed the Kashmir insurgency by locking Pakistan up on its western borders.

India needed to extract its due pound of flesh for 26/11. It did.

Now India felt it was enough. The red mist had gone. Blood for blood had been extracted. Kashmir was dead.

So India picked its foot off the pedal.

And what does India (and its new hardline leadership) find?

Pakistan basking in their "success" against their internal insurgencies. The sabres are unsheathed. Amrika is going. Now see how we will handle you. Afghanistan is lost. etc etc etc

Kashmir finds life again.

What does India do? Does it allow things to slip back to the 80s and 90s?

The war will continue. There is no stopping. You took revenge, we will take revenge, you will again take revenge and we will again take revenge. The circle will never stop till don't know what happens.

Simple as that.

The war will continue. There is no stopping. You took revenge, we will take revenge, you will again take revenge and we will again take revenge. The circle will never stop till don't know what happens.

Simple as that.

:undecided: We are not living in neolithic time!

My post was meant for a reasonable, rational and logical Pakistani. You are neither, so don't jump the gun.

Sirf TTA ka tamga milne se akal nahi aa jati.

Do not quote me if you can't reason.

How gosh my dear

With all due respect

For example, look how indian army curbed terrorists in kashmir. They infiltrated terrorists organisation and made deep assets in them. They started getting useful information on terror hideouts, sleeper cells, possible attacks etc. Some assets even got used in tearing terror organisations in numbers.

A solution is always there in history. If you read similar problems from around the world, and successful solutions then you will definitely get an idea as to how to tackle this problem.

Hi,

Thank you---you raised some good points----.

Regarding how indian army curbed issues in Kashmir----is not your success---it is because ISI stopped managing incursion in that region---.

Now if you like to see it---just let us re-ignite the fuse and then see what happens----. And I know that you would say that if you did---we will teach you a lesson-----.

The point is that it is not your success---we have pulled our hands from that issue a long time ago---.

We will be coming back to it in awhile.

12042781_919420728150570_8331301227369283116_n.jpg

Hi,

PDF members in particular and Pakistani in general---are you now ready to look at the screw ups and lapses in the security of the base---.

I mean to say----you can raise all kinds of slogans---and do all kinds of Ra Ra Ra----and talk about the bravado of the military men and that is fine----but do you have the courage to point the finger at yourself---and your security apparatus and how it failed?

It is over due now---.

I fully agree with this. there has been many instances where proactive approach with respect to security measures could have reduced the casualties.

This current attack at Badaber may not be a 100% success, but they did achieved a partial success.

Crush them to their core with iron hand or give what they want. Limited military operations will never wipe any terrorist group.

May the innocent souls RIP..

by the way the wall makers like me are gathering here

Afghanistan-Pakistan Border can be sealed?

I'm not against the wall idea, I know you have US-Mexico and Israel-Palestine as examples but these are not suitable parallels for the border dividing Pakistan and Afghanistan. Physical barriers are meaningless here, it has to be the human element that secures the borders in this region.
Are there leaks none the less? Of course! But then there are leaks through the walls as well, Palestinian attackers have carried out gun and knife attacks despite the wall, Mexican immigrants continue to flow into America.
So you see, I don't agree with the "Wall the border, depose the government and bomb the land" argument because we are way past the first and the other two arguments just cannot be substantiated in the global system.
Strengthening domestic security protocols is what ensures success and IT HAS. If you compare the ratio of large scale terrorist attacks in period 2007-11 to today, you will see that from one attack with 20+ casualties every 3 days, we are down to one attack every three months!
In the meantime, the enemy is here to fight to and from time to time, they will also manage to land a blow, if they didn't, there wouldn't be a conflict, would there? Policy is not made in response to knee jerk reactions, one has to insulate themselves from their own bias and myopia to work out a policy that will bear dividends rather than just address a symptom of the problem for the next few months at best. In that way, we can only defer our misfortunes but we cannot overcome them.

Hi,

Thank you---you raised some good points----.

Regarding how indian army curbed issuBarabaric cult follower is what that guy'sthinking is.es in Kashmir----is not your success---it is because ISI stopped managing incursion in that region---.

Now if you like to see it---just let us re-ignite the fuse and then see what happens----. And I know that you would say that if you did---we will teach you a lesson-----.

The point is that it is not your success---we have pulled our hands from that issue a long time ago---.

We will be coming back to it in awhile.
And I thought you were one of the rare one's here with brains.

However you choose to ignore everything else related to thread wich i mentioned and discuss an example which I mentioned.

As stupid as your reply was regarding to kashmir example, I'd rather not reply that here on this thread.

Tag me in any relevant thread and I will tell you a thing or two about your so called withdrawal.

And I thought you were one of the rare one's here with brains.

However you choose to ignore everything else related to thread wich i mentioned and discuss an example which I mentioned.

As stupid as your reply was regarding to kashmir example, I'd rather not reply that here on this thread.

Tag me in any relevant thread and I will tell you a thing or two about your so called withdrawal.

Hi,

Indeed---that was the expected answer from an indian----. The other mentions did not have any substance---and as a new member---I did not want to be disrespectful to that in my comments---.

I'm not against the wall idea, I know you have US-Mexico and Israel-Palestine as examples but these are not suitable parallels for the border dividing Pakistan and Afghanistan. Physical barriers are meaningless here, it has to be the human element that secures the borders in this region.
Are there leaks none the less? Of course! But then there are leaks through the walls as well, Palestinian attackers have carried out gun and knife attacks despite the wall, Mexican immigrants continue to flow into America.
So you see, I don't agree with the "Wall the border, depose the government and bomb the land" argument because we are way past the first and the other two arguments just cannot be substantiated in the global system.
Strengthening domestic security protocols is what ensures success and IT HAS. If you compare the ratio of large scale terrorist attacks in period 2007-11 to today, you will see that from one attack with 20+ casualties every 3 days, we are down to one attack every three months!
In the meantime, the enemy is here to fight to and from time to time, they will also manage to land a blow, if they didn't, there wouldn't be a conflict, would there? Policy is not made in response to knee jerk reactions, one has to insulate themselves from their own bias and myopia to work out a policy that will bear dividends rather than just address a symptom of the problem for the next few months at best. In that way, we can only defer our misfortunes but we cannot overcome them.

I have said it in earlier post it is not a 100% way of reducing movement but it will play a vital part. the places you mentioned have a wall and it not the complete solution but it is still effective than having nothing. Wall is the main barrier with man power complementing both.

It is no knee jerk reaction when it becomes a wide topic of discussion with more than person!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom