What's new

Terror attack in Gurdaspur, India

Question for the Indian members...what's the hold up right now?

There isn't a hostage situation and there are 4 terrorists at the moment, so why the long time to clear it up? It's been going on since 5 PM Indian time i believe.

The Punjab Police on the TV doesn't look too well equipped to handle this situation. After 26/11, one would have thought that India would have massively upgraded it's anti-terror forces.

As I said before, a simple google search will give a multitude of pictures, didn't want to post before so that the thread doesn't go off topic...oh well! :)
Well, the Indians can capture Pigeons out of thin air, track boats sailing out of Karachi, pick up foot prints from Narrowal but sadly they are oblivious of what's happening in their back yard. :lol:

There isn't a hostage situation and there are 4 terrorists at the moment, so why the long time to clear it up? It's been going on since 5 PM Indian time i believe.

The Punjab Police on the TV doesn't look too well equipped to handle this situation. After 26/11, one would have thought that India would have massively upgraded it's anti-terror forces.

no clue, i assume they are trying to catch them alive. Last i heard they are holed up inside a police station. There seems to be no news on the ops at all..

AAaand if the timing wasn't convenient enough...

Yup, the statement straight from the Horse's mouth.

54e629e827a22.jpg

54e62988cd7c7.jpg

NE Rebels have been largely cracked down. As some one stated before, most of these guns are looted from the armed forces.

NE Rebels have been largely cracked down. As some one stated before, most of these guns are looted from the armed forces.

All terrorists loot guns from somewhere, not as if they have production factories or something!

Need to capture them alive if possible.

Logistic movement Sir.
Teams from Army, Bomb Disposal squad and special commandos have been called and as you mentioned though there is no hostage situation, little information is available now as to how heavily armed the personnel are. Security agencies are taking no chance before collecting whatever intelligence and situation awareness they can.
In essence, what they want is a quick and swift neutralizing operation with emphasis on zero collateral damage.
As i understand it not of question of what but when.

terrorist attacked around 5 AM not PM.

Things are getting out of control in India, we need to be vigilant as Indians often tend to externalize their problems.

All terrorists loot guns from somewhere, not as if they have production factories or something!
In a great number of cases, they are supplied by 'like minded people'.
Whom are you kidding ?
Are we going to have a conversation about that right now ?

Need to capture them alive if possible.

That's something that we on this side of the border don't care for much these days for some reason.

No mercy, just kill them all and bury them. TBH though, they are a different breed as well, always prefer to blow themselves up rather than be captured.

In a great number of cases, they are supplied by 'like minded people'.
Whom are you kidding ?
Are we going to have a conversation about that right now ?

No I don't think so, since your brethren are already convinced about where the terrorists came from.

The Punjab CM has already said that they came from Pakistan...so all is merry. Blame Pakistan, check!

That's something that we on this side of the border don't care for much these days for some reason.

No mercy, just kill them all and bury them. TBH though, they are a different breed as well, always prefer to blow themselves up rather than be captured.
Nonetheless, we will do our bit. There is a process of handling a situation and that process is not essentially dependent upon how it will be received in Pakistan.

No I don't think so, since your brethren are already convinced about where the terrorists came from.

The Punjab CM has already said that they came from Pakistan...so all is merry. Blame Pakistan, check!

Yeah well, you can act cynical, you can play it down. I will wait for MHA briefing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom