What's new

Terror attack in Gurdaspur, India

It mostly always is in terror situations...
Yes there are no negotiations or such tactics, it should be a standard procedure of attacking the hold point and clear it. While security agencies would like to catch some alive if possible, the priority would be to minimize the damage whatever it takes.
SWAT teams are quite expert in these situations, i suppose we should hear something shortly now.

All terrorists loot guns from somewhere, not as if they have production factories or something!
The groups here(NE) mostly source their weapons from black market arms dealers.Of course being close to Myanmar helps in acquiring arms.These groups often have more sophisticated firearms than Indian army themselves.So the assertion that they would need to loot to arm themselves is rather a wild,imaginative claim by Indian.
Most of the captured arms are destroyed by the groups (or sold off to wannabee civvies).These groups run massive financial operations that rakes in maybe hundreds of millions every year when combined.

According to latest news Gurdaspur SP (d) Baljeet Singh has embraced martyrdom. He was shot in his forehead. Police is expecting maybe terrorists are equipped with sniper rifle or guns with telescopic sight.

That's something that we on this side of the border don't care for much these days for some reason.

No mercy, just kill them all and bury them. TBH though, they are a different breed as well, always prefer to blow themselves up rather than be captured.
Not a bad tactic considering that most times we find these as brain washed pawn in larger game.

looks like there was a govt. advisory to stop showing images from operation...
This is important especially after lessons learnt from 26/11.

Very few people have actually seen a gun in India, let alone use one. Even most of the police are usually armed with a glorified stick. There may be insurgencies here and there, but you don't get guns in India off the open market.
NE Rebels have been largely cracked down. As some one stated before, most of these guns are looted from the armed forces.
I believe the magic word here is guns.... if those living in jungles can acquire or obtain such sophisticated weapons, i leave the rest for you to imagine.

Yes there are no negotiations or such tactics, it should be a standard procedure of attacking the hold point and clear it. While security agencies would like to catch some alive if possible, the priority would be to minimize the damage whatever it takes.
SWAT teams are quite expert in these situations, i suppose we should hear something shortly now.

Wait till a mercy petition is sent by our genius intellectuals to let terrorists go...

Wait till a mercy petition is sent by our genius intellectuals to let terrorists go...
Military planners are quite professional and they would really focus on situation at hand. However as you pointed out, even if caught alive, these guys really know little about big picture and are hence of little or no use (recall that Kasab's trial only told what was obvious) and later pleas of clemency and Human rights do start popping up, probably to frustration of those security agencies and planners who actually bear the brunt of these operations.
i therefore suppose shooting them during these operations is probably the most optimal option.

Well, the Indians can capture Pigeons out of thin air, track boats sailing out of Karachi, pick up foot prints from Narrowal but sadly they are oblivious of what's happening in their back yard. :lol:

Wah Wah Muqarrar Muqarrar!
Bhai Mehfil loot li aap nay Wah :D

According to latest news Gurdaspur SP (d) Baljeet Singh has embraced martyrdom. He was shot in his forehead. Police is expecting maybe terrorists are equipped with sniper rifle or guns with telescopic sight.

Source ??

Meanwhile, India opened fire at LOC Jammu sector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom