What's new

Terror activities of Indian consulates in Afghanistan

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Seriously? Why does India need three consulates on Pak-Afghan border?

Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Afghanistan

Indian Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan
Indian Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan
Indian Consulate in Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Indian Consulate in Kandhar, Afghanistan
Indian Consulate in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan

Indian intelligence outposts will have to be targeted in Afghanistan in retaliation if we are to have peace in Pakistan.

I think its high time we started building up a case against them... Or perhaps just solving the case. Are they or are they not involved.

Here's the only Indian consulate on the map.

Indian consulate - Google Maps

Notice the location? On a road that leads straight to Jamrud, Landi Kotel and Peshawar. Brilliant positioning right?

Seriously? Why does India need three consulates on Pak-Afghan border?

Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Afghanistan

Pakistan :
Pakistani Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Kandhar, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan

Pakistan is not even contributing to Afghan reconstruction as much as india is, they seem to need all thesee consulates.

Four consulates and one embassy. Please rely on India's Foreign Ministry for those official and well-cited locations here. I have and at least two or three others have made that clear.

So the MOST conservative estimate would be the official one- four consulates geographically distributed with only two near the Pakistani border-Kandahar and Jalalabad-and one embassy.

It is what it is-an invitation by the Afghan government. Please talk with them about it.

Pakistan maintains an embassy and three consular offices in Afghanistan-Herat, Kandahar, and Mazur-I-Sharif. I note, however, that you only have one embassy and two consular offices in America-Washington D.C., NYC and L.A.

Why does Pakistan need so many consular offices in Afghanistan if only two in America? That doesn't make sense. We're your largest trading and security partner. Plus, given the miniscule aid which you've rendered to Afghanistan to date, it would seem you've very few projects or programs in need of oversight or administration.

To presume Asim's logic this is odd indeed.

We might need to take a much harder look at the activities of the Pakistani consular office in Kandahar. Actually, I rather imagine we do.

Wonder if Mullah Omar is on their speed-dial?:agree:

EDIT: I see Fateh contends a FOURTH consular office for Pakistan in Jalalabad. Equal in every respect to India...except for aid rendered to Afghanistan.

That's a notable difference.

Indian intelligence outposts will have to be targeted in Afghanistan in retaliation if we are to have peace in Pakistan.

You are forgetting our embassy was indeed bombed in kabul by our own taliban last year. americans, afghans, indians blamed ISI and pm Gilani promised a probe.

I think he did not get permission from ISI.

Why does Pakistan need so many consular offices in Afghanistan if only two in America? That doesn't make sense. We're your largest trading and security partner. Plus, given the miniscule aid which you've rendered to Afghanistan to date, it would seem you've very few projects or programs in need of oversight or administration.

I think the obvious answer is not presenting itself to you due to layers of bias and cloudy judgment. It's because we share a giant border with them, house millions of their refugees, and paid for Afghanistan's liberation in blood sweat and tears for over a decade and are eating the blowback of that mess currently. We have all the reasons in the world to house as many consulates as we want, aid money is not a prerequisite for anything nor is it a way to legitimize illegal occupation. :angry:

Pakistan :
Pakistani Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Kandhar, Afghanistan
Pakistani Consulate in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan

Pakistan is not even contributing to Afghan reconstruction as much as india is, they seem to need all thesee consulates.
Embassy of Pakistan in Afghanistan

According to this link there are fewer ones.

Moreover, Pak should have consulates NEAR the Pak-Afghan border.

We are moving all the goods in and out of Afghanistan. What is India doing near the Pak-Afghan border?

I think its high time we started building up a case against them... Or perhaps just solving the case. Are they or are they not involved.

Here's the only Indian consulate on the map.

Indian consulate - Google Maps

Notice the location? On a road that leads straight to Jamrud, Landi Kotel and Peshawar. Brilliant positioning right?

I also concur, atleast the real truth finally will come out, and all Indians will finally feel vindicated.

AA, what will you do if no evidence can be found? Or in your opinion are facts not necessary to support the case against India?

Nice thread Asim, thanks for startint this thread, i will post some data soon!!

Nice thread Asim, thanks for startint this thread, i will post some data soon!!
Well Indians and S-2 ;) are quite right. Not much evidence has been posted or properly collected to substantiate or at least take the case to the international community.

It's not enough to say there are 107 consulates, please provide a list. Please pin point it on a map. Thats the right way to do this.

Four consulates and one embassy. Please rely on India's Foreign Ministry for those official and well-cited locations here. I have and at least two or three others have made that clear.

So the MOST conservative estimate would be the official one- four consulates geographically distributed with only two near the Pakistani border-Kandahar and Jalalabad-and one embassy.

It is what it is-an invitation by the Afghan government. Please talk with them about it.

Pakistan maintains an embassy and three consular offices in Afghanistan-Herat, Kandahar, and Mazur-I-Sharif. I note, however, that you only have one embassy and two consular offices in America-Washington D.C., NYC and L.A.

To presume Asim's logic this is odd indeed.

We might need to take a much harder look at the activities of the Pakistani consular office in Kandahar. Actually, I rather imagine we do.

Wonder if Mullah Omar is on their speed-dial?:agree:

The problem is not that they have this many and we have that many. Its the activities that are taking place over there which are problematic from a Pakistani standpoint. Otherwise Iran too has quite a few consulates in Afghanistan and you do not see Pakistan making any fuss over it. Indian consulates are taking up quite a bit of anti-Pakistani work up there. The problem that this poses for Pakistan is that this becomes an extension of the Indian threat to Pakistan. Thus the hedging game going on for both sides (Pakistan and India) just so they end up with some strategic depth after all is said and done in Afghanistan.

What goes on with US and NATO in the middle of all this in Afghanistan is not the big worry for Pakistan (actually Pakistan would accommodate the US interests if it were not for the Indian interference...there is history there to support this point). With India muddying the waters in Afghanistan, the traditional rivalry has come to fore which is why the US is advising Pakistan to no longer focus on India (without the realization that until and unless the Kashmir problem is resolved, the Indian threat to Pakistan cannot be wished away).

Pakistan's other concern is that India and Afghanistan are not land locked as is the case for Pakistan. Pakistani missions need a physical presence in most of these areas simply owing to the fact that we have a very large Pashtun population which travels and conducts business in those parts of Afghanistan. This is hardly the case for India. Anyone who says otherwise is being oblivious of these facts. Business investments can be managed out of one or two missions (or even multiple missions if they were not involved in activities targeting Pakistan).

Also inside of Afghanistan, every single Pakistani consulate is watched by the Afghan intelligence, an art that they have learned well from KHAD. They do not need any reminding on this part.

AA, what will you do if no evidence can be found? Or in your opinion are facts not necessary to support the case against India?
No seriously I want to put in a strong effort in finding out the truth. If there's no evidence then we can't keep blaming Indian consulates and will have to let this argument go.

Back
Top Bottom