What's new

Terror activities of Indian consulates in Afghanistan

Go for it! - but don't stop at anything less than 100% of what you wrote, and remember to "let go" of the argument - to exonerate India - if nothing pans out, and to recall this investigation if someone tries to stir such dead ashes to life once more.

Otherwise, you really are acquiescing to attacking the righteous, for they have already been cleared of the accusation, and further pursuit is a form of persecution that only serves to obscure the search or prosecution of the true culprits.

Nice joke! As if the counter point is 100% proven. :rolleyes:

Maybe not to you, for india 500 + 500 Mill = 1 billion is a huge amount. and this amount is not being spent lightly, we want to make sure afghanistan becomes a strong successful nation so that no tragedy like taliban ever happens again. surely you are aware of the absolute pain that caused many nations around the world, including india?

and surely u don't wish anything less for your afghan brothers?

Hmmm... but you were nowhere near when Afghan was under foreign occupation, you should have taken any of the side. Also India never sent any troops which Afghan people needed most. Now you gone there only to tail trailing NATO and Americans, does not really give you a big brotherly look that you really want to potray. I am just worried that, as too many countries mingling with Afghan, it just creates some suspicion.

We start here.

There are four Indian consulates and one embassy. From those consulates and embassy we've WITNESSED the immense civil aid which India has provided to Afghanistan.

The Indian embassy and consulates, like yours, exist in Afghanistan by permission of their government.

I understand your concerns about these consulates. By themselves and entirely innocuous, they constitute an immediate threat of envelopment.

To you.

Nobody else.

And that is because you've been completely unable to impress my nation's government twice over as well as the other forty nations there.

Nobody cares because nobody believes you. It's not me that you must impress. I'll follow my government's lead. It's them and any and everybody else.

We think you support terror in Afghanistan and elsewhere. We don't think India does the same and certainly not from Afghanistan.

We think that you've all the home-made problems you need and that these, indeed, ARE the source of your problems. They don't lie in Afghanistan.

India's embassy and consulates seem a welcome addition to Afghanistan's recovery. Your's hasn't added one iota that can be seen which I suppose is o.k. but explains fully why India's place is assured at the Afghani table and why Pakistan will have to adjust to that reality.

EDIT: I'll let my comment stand because it is a prevailing sentiment, and not simply my own, but it is incorrect. Pakistan has given some $200m in aid as of April, 2008 and quite likely more since.

Choosing to believe otherwise would be wrong...so I won't.

Good for Pakistan and Afghanistan. Very good.

Should your taliban guests, however, be successful in denying the extension of Afghan elections into the pashtu south, we can probably expect a continued tajik, turkoman, uzbek, Hazara bent to the afghan government. Simple demographics actually.

Good luck with spreading your message and raising awareness.:agree::usflag: Open discussion of these concerns is always good.

Last edited:
Asim,

Usually the heads of the countries do not make stupid allegations. Musharraf is on record in India telling people that anti-state actors of Pakistan have been photographed and documented meeting Indian intelligence handlers in Afghanistan.

Such claims are not made on the basis of hogwash and that too by a person who has been the President, CoAS and one who gets direct inputs from his DG-ISI on such issues.

The issue is not one of us not having the facts with us. The problem is the PR. You take this evidence and put it in front of the Americans (as has been done) and the response is, "yes we will look into it and talk to xyz..." and then nothing ever comes of it. The only other option is to go the way of the press and release information however who cares about discussing Pakistan's bad guys?
Thats why I'm not so much interested in proving India's involvement in any court of law. PR is very important. Till American media itself doesn't start going like "hey the Pakistanis might be onto something and isn't ignoring this like aiding the terrorists?", you know thats when the American government won't be able to put aside Pakistan's bad guys for a change.

I've invited the guy who made the claim that India has 107 distinct consular sites. He has broken them down into Embassy - Consulates - Consular Offices - Information Services Centers - Offsite Desks.

There by India has branched up 4 Consulates into many locations. 13 Information Service centers are apparently quite famous and hopefully he can provide a list with addresses that can be verified. I'm ready to put in some money into this investigation if the need arises.

Don't make me laugh! india is constructing Afghanistan?? what a silly joke....you people only train terrorist which do their terrorist acts in Pakistan, your consulates spends millions in training all them, how could you bild up Afghanistan when you even can't build your own country?? go and solve your problems firts rather to spend your time in Afghainsta!!

SL not blaming Indians is all diplo-talk (the Sri Lankans have a need to maintain some semblance of good ties with India, otherwise there are no doubts as to whom put up whom to go after the Pakistani ambassador). Targeting the Pakistan mission chief is something that has never been done in that country and was only done after the Sri Lankans turned to Pakistan and the Pakistani influence was seen by some quarters to be growing.

Do remind me of what the "yanks" are saying about the activities of Pakistani consulates in Afghanistan.

The link is in the previous post.

who attacked pakistani CG when pakistan was helping Lankans against LTTE? well LTTE who else? they have killed hundred of our soldiers when they wanted to get rid of our IPKF too. but the obvious is often too difficilt to see.

the Lankans can say what they want to, they have in the past too. but lately they have been thanking indians openly about the help we have given them. surely thats not needed to maintain some semblance of good ties with India?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/23220-india-helps-other-countries-talk.html

Hmmm... but you were nowhere near when Afghan was under foreign occupation, you should have taken any of the side. Also India never sent any troops which Afghan people needed most. Now you gone there only to tail trailing NATO and Americans, does not really give you a big brotherly look that you really want to potray. I am just worried that, as too many countries mingling with Afghan, it just creates some suspicion.

We not in the business of creating and supplying mujahidins for the world.We are trying to feed and educate our youngsters to the best we can so that they become good citizens of this world.We dont believe in allowing our nationals to become cannon fodder.

The real reason behind India's various consulates in Afghanistan is to spread stupid bollywood movies.

We not in the business of creating and supplying mujahidins for the world.We are trying to feed and educate our youngsters to the best we can so that they become good citizens of this world.We dont believe in allowing our nationals to become cannon fodder.

I am still not convinced, why you need 4 consulates and an embassy.
How many consulates USA and UK have. Can anybody help me out here?

No thats not correct. India always had good relations with afghan govts, even those under 'foreign' protection. that only broke when talibs came to power.

there are 41 countries working on afghan reconstruction. they have been destroyed under decades of war, it will take years to get infra and institutions up. and its in india's direct interest that afghanistan is functional. i hope you agree.

And suspicion is fine, adverseries are always suspicious of the 'other's moves. but unless there's proof, it remains suspicion.

i'm a common indian, i know only whats in media etc and what little i can make of the circumstances. if there's proof india is using its influence to kill innocent people in pakistan, i will not support indias actions. not in my name pls, not under any justification. because i know the results are not good, look at Lanka. Look at pakistan.

No thats not correct. India always had good relations with afghan govts, even those under 'foreign' protection. that only broke when talibs came to power.

there are 41 countries working on afghan reconstruction. they have been destroyed under decades of war, it will take years to get infra and institutions up. and its in india's direct interest that afghanistan is functional. i hope you agree.

And suspicion is fine, adverseries are always suspicious of the 'other's moves. but unless there's proof, it remains suspicion.

i'm a common indian, i know only whats in media etc and what little i can make of the circumstances. if there's proof india is using its influence to kill innocent people in pakistan, i will not support indias actions. not in my name pls, not under any justification. because i know the results are not good, look at Lanka. Look at pakistan.

I understand your good will and I am not a adversery either. just too many consulate from Pakistan and India caught my eyes. Its really strange.
Just visited US embassy site of Kabul. Seems like they dont have any other office outside Kabul.

You are a big liar and ignorant of your own history. India has created and continuous to support terrorist organizations across the subcontinent. The Tamils in Sri Lanka, Mukti Bhani in Bangladesh, and continues to support various missions in Afghanistan, Kashmir, Sri Lanka, Tibet, etc.

Furthermore, India continuous to conduct state terrorism in Kashmir with 600,000 soldiers patrolling every street to control people's movement is something that many Indians like you can't comprehend.
And dont give me the typical excuse that "Kashmir is integral part of India.." bull crap. If Kashmir was truly yours, then why would India need 600k soldiers to patrol every damn street in Kashmir?

Maybe not to you, for india 500 + 500 Mill = 1 billion is a huge amount. and this amount is not being spent lightly, we want to make sure afghanistan becomes a strong successful nation so that no tragedy like taliban ever happens again. surely you are aware of the absolute pain that caused many nations around the world, including india?

and surely u don't wish anything less for your afghan brothers?

Decent amount but on the other hand compare that to the trade (both on the open and black markets) facilitated by Pakistan (multi billion dollars). Also Pakistan has provided $350 million in aid and another $50 million in military aid to the Afghan government. Do you think that Pakistan does the same hoping to keep Afghanistan a basket case? Tragedies like Taliban happen when countries are left in the lurch after the powers to be have used them for their own ends.

Don't be taken in by this "concern for Afghans under the Taliban" hype. There is only self- interest here. Had 9/11 not happened and these Taliban and the likes (Hazara's and others are just as wild if one is to go by the acts of violence perpetrated by all these different groups in Afghanistan), were still in power, nobody would have done anything about it. This is a reality and the situation would have been no different than it was in the early 90s.

Where was india when Afghanistan was invaded by super power Russia?

Finally, you acknowledged that Taliban is Afghan phenomenon.

It also lead to the belief that TTP is created to portrait real Talibans as terrorists and since indians fought hand in hand with northern alliance against Afghan Talibans, so TTP is clearly a brain child of indian.

Decent amount but on the other hand compare that to the trade (both on the open and black markets) facilitated by Pakistan (multi billion dollars). Also Pakistan has provided $350 million in aid and another $50 million in military aid to the Afghan government. Do you think that Pakistan does the same hoping to keep Afghanistan a basket case? Tragedies like Taliban happen when countries are left in the lurch after the powers to be have used them for their own ends.

Don't be taken in by this "concern for Afghans under the Taliban" hype. There is only self- interest here. Had 9/11 not happened and these Taliban and the likes (Hazara's and others are just as wild if one is to go by the acts of violence perpetrated by all these different groups in Afghanistan), were still in power, nobody would have done anything about it. This is a reality and the situation would have been no different than it was in the early 90s.

Blain, I totally agree.

I'm saying the same thing, that a functional afghanistan is in india's direct interest, indian influence in afghanistan is in india's direct interest, hence india is doing it. but that does not prove we are spreading terrorism in pakistan.

we perceive that talib rule was against our interest, i hope a fair assessment?

Back
Top Bottom