What's new

Tendulkar, Kapil, Gavaskar, Sehwag named in Greatest All Time Test XI

If you want to be blinded by your conjecture, rather than looking at the hard facts & the statistical evidence & realities; I can't really help you with your situation.

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. - Anon.

The cure for jealousy is still not found.

And you are making it tough to believe you when you think that Sanga was a opener. :lol:

How hard is for you to understand that USP of Sehwag is not his scoring runs, but the way he scores his runs ? Statistics dont show that. He demolishes the bowlers from the word go.
No one gives a crap about RPO, the important thing is the bowling average. Similarly in batting, it is the batting average that counts much much more, not the batting strike rate.

Actually an equally important thing for a bowler is his strike rate - wickets per 100 balls.

Your knowledge of cricket sucks.

The batting averages of those four openers I mentioned are much higher than Sehwag's, & they've played a significant number of games as well.

4 or 5 run more than sehwag , it is not significant at all, but if u provide 20 overs extra to your bowlers to get rid of opposition that is huge.

And these gentlemen didn't play all round the world, only on few grounds they had played.

who u think is the best??

As I said, I agree with Sehwag's inclusion in the Greatest Current Test XI, but it goes against statistical evidence & factual realities to include him in the Greatest All Time Test XI.

As I said, I agree with Sehwag's inclusion in the Greatest Current Test XI, but it goes against statistical evidence & factual realities to include him in the Greatest All Time Test XI.

what factual realities u talking about ? u counting only average, not about the impact he has on the opposition and in all conditions.

I have serious reservations over Sehwag and mild reservations over Kapil being included in the all time Test team. Tendulkar and Gavaskar surely deserve their place but the other two's inclusion is a bit of an overkill and you can easily see it if not for petty shallow nationalistic bravado.

Actually Tendulkar does not deserve a place inspite of his records - but Sehwag does.

Sehwag not only scores runs, but destroys the bowlers making it easy for the rest of the batsmen to build upon it. Not many are capable of doing it.

what factual realities u talking about ? u counting only average, not about the impact he has on the opposition and in all conditions.

A fact he is careful to avoid answering till now !

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. - Anon.

If statistics are like bikinis, let us forget looking at the batting averages, & include Shahid Afridi as the Greatest All Time Test XI opening batsman. He has a higher test match batting strike rate than Sehwag.

If statistics are like bikinis, let us forget looking at the batting averages, & include Shahid Afridi as the Greatest All Time Test XI opening batsman. He has a higher test match batting strike rate than Sehwag.

but he didn't score much

If statistics are like bikinis, let us forget looking at the batting averages, & include Shahid Afridi as the Greatest All Time Test XI opening batsman. He does have a higher test match strike rate than Sehwag has.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Monday hangover ?

Shahid Afridi hardly inspires a fear in the opposition as Sehwag does as everybody knows he will get himself out after 10 or 12 balls.

For God sakes he does even feature in the All time Pakistani list. A failed batsmen who played 27 tests in about 15 years in the All time list ? OMG !!!

Actually an equally important thing for a bowler is his strike rate - wickets per 100 balls.

Your knowledge of cricket sucks.

The 'strike rate' is for batting, not bowling. 'Strike', as in striking, hitting... batting. Strike rate is used exclusively for batting, to see how much runs are scored per 100 balls faced.

The bowling average indicates the rate at which wickets are taken.

My knowledge of cricket might suck, but not of the English Language.

The 'strike rate' is for batting, not bowling. 'Strike', as in striking, hitting... batting. Strike rate is used exclusively for batting, to see how much runs are scored per 100 balls faced.

As u have admitted kindly refrain yourself from posting.

there's no body better than sehwag to open the test innings, he provides quick runs and on an consistent basis and not many have done that at his pace.
.just few innings back he had his 15 consecutive 100s above 150 mark. now how is that for a stat?

Your cricket knowledge truly sucks :hitwall:

Go learn about Strike rate for bowlers.

For starters Strike Rate for bowlers is balls/wickets. link

but he didn't score much

So??? Your friend Grounder himself said statistics are like a bikini, & they don't matter. He says it doesn't matter what the batting average of a person is, but how he destroys his bowling opposition. As Shahid Afridi's higher batting strike rate indicates, he destroys the opposition better than Sehwag as well.

Back
Top Bottom