What's new

Tendulkar, Kapil, Gavaskar, Sehwag named in Greatest All Time Test XI

So??? Your friend Grounder himself said statistics are like a bikini, & they don't matter. He says it doesn't matter what the batting average of a person is, but how he destroys his bowling opposition. As Shahid Afridi's higher batting strike rate indicates, he destroys the opposition better than Sehwag as well.

why u taking in isolation about batting average and strike rate ? U have to found the person who is best on all parameters.

So??? Your friend Grounder himself said statistics are like a bikini, & they don't matter. He says it doesn't matter what the batting average of a person is, but how he destroys his bowling opposition. As Shahid Afridi's higher batting strike rate indicates, he destroys the opposition better than Sehwag as well.

:rofl::rofl:

He actually destroys his own team by leaving in the middle of the match :lol:

@Bilal don't u know about bowler average and bowler strike rate ??

No he doesn't know and thinks Sanga is an opener. :lol:

why u taking in isolation about batting average and strike rate ? U have to found the person who is best on all parameters.

As I said, the batting strike rate DOES NOT matter in test cricket. It matters in limited overs' games like one day internationals & T20s, not in test games.

As I said, the batting strike rate DOES NOT matter in test cricket. It matters in limited overs' games like one day internationals & T20s, not in test games.

I have proved it that it matters in test cricket, U don't have answers to my points.

Says who ?

One who thinks there is no strike rate for bowlers and one who thinks Sanga is an opener ?

Strike rate ALONE does not matter or Batting Average ALONE does not matter. Everything as a combination matters.

Sehwag against pakistan

v Pakistan 2004-2006 9 14 0 1276 309 91.14 1591 80.20 4 2 1 187 12

average is in Red and SR is in green

I have proved it that it matters in test cricket, U don't have answers to my points.

I have. So in your words, someone who gets 30 runs off 32 balls makes a more valuable contribution than someone who makes 80 runs off 90 balls? Correct?

Sehwag against pakistan

v Pakistan 2004-2006 9 14 0 1276 309 91.14 1591 80.20 4 2 1 187 12

average is in Red and SR is in green

Who can forget his blazing six to reach his triple century in Multan ?

Typical Sehwaguesque rashness.

I have. So in your words, someone who gets 30 runs off 32 balls makes a more valuable contribution than someone who makes 80 runs off 90 balls? Correct?

That is the point he doesn't score that low, he scores big monumental score at a lively pace. Kindly see his scores against pakistan u will know what I am talking abot

Says who ?

One who thinks there is no strike rate for bowlers and one who thinks Sanga is an opener ?

Strike rate ALONE does not matter or Batting Average ALONE does not matter. Everything as a combination matters.

Strike rate refers to two different statistics in the sport of cricket. Batting strike rate is a measure of how frequently a batsman achieves the primary goal of batting, namely scoring runs. Bowling strike rate is a measure of how frequently a bowler achieves the primary goal of bowling, namely taking wickets (i.e. getting batsmen out).

Both strike rates are relatively new statistics, having only been invented and considered of importance after the introduction of One Day International cricket in the 1970s.

Strike rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Says who ?

I haven't watched cricket in over 12 years, so no need to gloat about things. Btw, read this:

Both strike rates are relatively new statistics, having only been invented and considered of importance after the introduction of One Day International cricket in the 1970s.

It is meaningless to compare strike rates in test cricket, because it is a very new concept, only introduced in the 1970s, & that too only through one day cricket.

Actually Tendulkar does not deserve a place inspite of his records - but Sehwag does.

Sehwag not only scores runs, but destroys the bowlers making it easy for the rest of the batsmen to build upon it. Not many are capable of doing it.

A fact he is careful to avoid answering till now !

The psychological affect that a batsmen exerts on the opposition is not a criteria which is taken into account when ranking a batsman. It is merely his batting statistics and that's all.

I haven't watched cricket in over 12 years, so no need to gloat about things. Btw, read this:

It is meaningless to compare strike rates in test cricket, because it is a very new concept, only introduced in the 1970s, & that too only through one day cricket.

It is almost 41 years mate.. still it is old ???

Back
Top Bottom