What's new

Tendulkar, Kapil, Gavaskar, Sehwag named in Greatest All Time Test XI

Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag, Don Bradman, Brian Lara, RAHUL DRAVID, KALLIS, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Glenn McGrath.

It more suitably would be Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag, Don Bradman, Brian Lara, Rahul Dravid,Gary Sobers,Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Glenn McGrath.

Reasoning being that bloke is the Best Allrounder in the History of the Game and Shane Warne needs a spin partner as well.

SRT is the twelfth man.

There are better all-rounders than Kapil Dev as well, & there are many statistics that prove that as well.

This thing I agree - Sobers fits the bill perfectly.

Another epic fails.. This all batman have better average than sehwag only which is not significant. Sehwag has scored more run than any of them with the best strike rate in the game of test cricket. Sehwag has scored all round the world, unlike this gentleman.

Perhaps this is the answer for you:

Strike rates are secondary to batting averages in test cricket, & you know that. Strike rates are important in one day internationals or the T-20s.

Openers with much better batting averages than Sehwag, playing a substantial number of games as well:

1. H. Sutcliffe
2. K.F. Barrington
3. JB Hobbs (Sir Jack Hobbs)
4. Leonard Hutton

now please come up with their strike rates too.
. one can cure a bind person but how do you cure a person who is pretending to be blind?

It more suitably would be Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag, Don Bradman, Brian Lara, Rahul Dravid,Gary Sobers,Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose, Glenn McGrath.

Reasoning being that bloke is the Best Allrounder in the History of the Game and Shane Warne needs a Spin partner.

This thing I agree - Sobers fits the bill perfectly.

There are better players than Dravid & Gavaskar as well, again which I can prove to you by statistics. I believe Tendulkar deserves to be in there though.

What is USP of Viru is the way he systematically demolishes the attack.

Very few batsmen in the 140 odd years of Test cricket have been able to dominate the bowlers the way Viru dominates them.

Surely an All time Great and deserves a place.

There are better players than Dravid & Gavaskar as well, again which I can prove to you by statistics. I believe Tendulkar deserves to be in there though.

Why don't you simply say there are better players than Indians and save us all the drama ? :lol:

There is no cure for jealousy. Ask your batsmen to practise nicely and score runs instead of fixing matches. Perhaps they may get a place in the future.

Perhaps this is the answer for you:

How much a 3-4 run can make much of a difference but if u score fast it will provide additional 15-20 overs to your bowlers to take 10 wickets in an inning, apart from creating fear factor.

DO u know why the Aussies ruled for so long because all of their batmen used to score very fast and provide ample their bowler to get out the opposition.

How much a 3-4 run can make much of a difference but if u score fast it will provide additional 15-20 overs to your bowlers to take 10 wickets in a inning, apart from creating fear factor.

DO u know why the Aussies ruled for so long because all of their batmen used to score very fast and provide ample their bowler to get out the opposition.

Just like RPO is not an important consideration for bowling in test games, the batting strike rate is not an important consideration in the test game either. I hope I've made myself clear.

Just like RPO is not an important consideration for bowling in test games, the batting strike rate is not an important consideration in the test game either. I hope I've made myself clear.

who told u that ? U don't have the iota understanding of the game.

Why don't you simply say there are better players than Indians and save us all the drama ? :lol:

There is no cure for jealousy. Ask your batsmen to practise nicely and score runs instead of fixing matches. Perhaps they may get a place in the future.

If you want to be blinded by your conjecture, rather than looking at the hard facts & the statistical evidence & realities; I can't really help you with your situation.

I have serious reservations over Sehwag and mild reservations over Kapil being included in the all time Test team. Tendulkar and Gavaskar surely deserve their place but the other two's inclusion is a bit of an overkill and you can easily see it if not for petty shallow nationalistic bravado.

who told u that ? U don't have the iota understanding of the game.

No one gives a crap about RPO, the important thing is the bowling average. Similarly in batting, it is the batting average that counts much much more, not the batting strike rate.

If you want to be blinded by your conjecture, rather than looking at the hard facts & the statistical evidence & realities; I can't really help you with your situation.

Hello, U haven't provided any proof so far which substantiate your claims

No one gives a crap about RPO, the important thing is the bowling average. Similarly in batting, it is the batting average that counts much much more, not the batting strike rate.

who told u so ? Didn't u learn anything form the aussie's dominance

Hello, U haven't provided any proof so far which substantiate your claims

The batting averages of those four openers I mentioned are much higher than Sehwag's, & they've played a significant number of games as well.

Back
Top Bottom