What's new

Ten Young, Brilliant Strategic Studies Scholars from Pakistan and India look at Nuclear South Asia i

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Debak.png

mansoor.png

hina-P.png

Ali.png

sylvia.png

saima.png

sharreh.png

Aditi.png

sitara.png

SalmaS.png

http://pakistanpolitico.com/sb4-nsa2042/

What a bleak outlook.
This is entirely the picture of insanity. It just needs one idiot from either side to set a conflict alight not knowing that conflicts have dynamics of their own and an escalation beyond a certain point will result in a crescendo of catastrophic events the outcome of which will not be conducive to life in the subcontinent.

This is entirely the picture of insanity. It just needs one idiot from either side to set a conflict alight not knowing that conflicts have dynamics of their own and an escalation beyond a certain point will result in a crescendo of catastrophic events the outcome of which will not be conducive to life in the subcontinent.

I am sorry to say this, but reading the post made me glad that I am 70, and most probably don't have to face this.

It made me equally sad, because my daughter and my grandson will have to face it. I wish they would avail of my grandson's Canadian passport and emigrate to Canada. Then I could die peacefully.

What is worse is that we - I cannot speak about Pakistan - in India are facing a situation as serious as this with a leadership that is hostile to intelligence, human intelligence. Forget about the bigotry; it is this complete lack of thinking capacity that really scares me.

And yet both countries have an abundance of young talent, even after discounting the damage done by social media and institutional bigotry.

What an ironical situation!

I am sorry to say this, but reading the post made me glad that I am 70, and most probably don't have to face this.

It made me equally sad, because my daughter and my grandson will have to face it. I wish they would avail of my grandson's Canadian passport and emigrate to Canada. Then I could die peacefully.

What is worse is that we - I cannot speak about Pakistan - in India are facing a situation as serious as this with a leadership that is hostile to intelligence, human intelligence. Forget about the bigotry; it is this complete lack of thinking capacity that really scares me.

And yet both countries have an abundance of young talent, even after discounting the damage done by social media and institutional bigotry.

What an ironical situation!
I did not want to bring politics into this but RSS politics will always lead India down that route. Things are marginally better in Pakistan although the mental maturity is definitely coming from the top brass rather than the polity. The polity needs to mature and this will take time. A commodity which is rapidly becoming scarce in the Subcontinent. You know about my links with India and the fact that even though most of my Maternal side has now immigrated out of India to the US and else where there are still relatives residing in India. On the other hand have immediate family in Pakistan. So in short I want peace in the region for all to live in what is a beautiful piece of the world, if only it would suit powers that be.
Chaos is the name of the game and we will be forced to pay the price for this knowing fully well neither India nor Pakistan will ha e any choice in the matter.
Disgusted with life in general.
A

What a bleak outlook.

Lets just look at it this way.

Leave out the nuclear option.
just the poisoning from conventional warfare in the fertile plains of Punjab, will
ensure a food crises for a few decades at least.
Current population figures of the subcontinent require just 2-3 years of food threat
to ensure anarchy couple that with weather pattern threat.

compare that with a joint declaration between india and pakistan to declare
everything north of delhi latitude a protected forest area.

Lets just look at it this way.

Leave out the nuclear option.
just the poisoning from conventional warfare in the fertile plains of Punjab, will
ensure a food crises for a few decades at least.
Current population figures of the subcontinent require just 2-3 years of food threat
to ensure anarchy couple that with weather pattern threat.

compare that with a joint declaration between india and pakistan to declare
everything north of delhi latitude a protected forest area.

At the moment, as I look at our national government, and as I look at worsening relations, even the absence of relations between our two countries, this seems like a distant dream.

At the moment, as I look at our national government, and as I look at worsening relations, even the absence of relations between our two countries, this seems like a distant dream.

It will remain a dream until such time that the same players keep defining policy.

The only ones who can thus be cause for change are new players.
Students, graduates, thinkers.
Future.

It will remain a dream until such time that the same players keep defining policy.

The only ones who can thus be cause for change are new players.
Students, graduates, thinkers.
Future.

How sincerely I wish that their voices should be heard! But instead, the same tired old politicians, sated with plunder and reeking of bad character and bad characteristics, will sit and do what they can to mess things up.

I'm sorry to sound so cynical, but it has not been a good day.

Nuclear weapons are a curse to be honest. Think about a scenario where you assume that every innocent in the area where Nukes are being dropped deserve to be vaporized.

I wish that due to some miracle (or sanity) world gives away her nuclear weapons once and for all.

Nuclear weapons are a curse to be honest. Think about a scenario where you assume that every innocent in the area where Nukes are being dropped deserve to be vaporized.

I wish that due to some miracle (or sanity) world gives away her nuclear weapons once and for all.
I wish there was that level of conscience in the world. No one would have dropped the 2 on Japan in spite of Japan having been comprehensively beaten. The US still needed to establish the moral ascendancy and the power to be able to say we dont care about the norms, we can do whatever we want. There would also not be any use of Napalm bombs in Vietnam , no war in Korea and possibly no Khymer rouge. But such is the viciousness of human beings towards each other.
A

I believe that these are just fancy talks as we all are aware that what lies inside our hearts. Looking at the condition of present day India and rise of extremism, I do not hold high hopes. We have been trying to maintain peace in the region for past decades but ended up getting dirty due to one reason or another. As long as dirty politics being played and extremism will rise in India and most importantly the Kashmir issue will not be resolved, tensions between the two states will remain. Indians will try to accomplish those objectives through soft power, yellow journalism, isolating or cornering Pakistan or establishing nexus for economical instability and chaos through funding PTM terrorism which they cannot achieve through war.
I want to say that Pakistan needs to keep her eyes open and should recognize her friends and foes. She should quarantine and destroy those traitors who are trying to penetrate in our system to the extent of grass root level to weaken us before expected circumstances.

regards

I saw such changes percolate through many strata of society on my side of the border a few decades ago, and it scared me enough to move for the sake of my children. I still pray and hope that wiser counsels will prevail on both sides eventually.

I still pray and hope that wiser counsels will prevail on both sides eventually.

I second your prayers bro.

When we finance people develop a complex financial model to project expected future outcome, better one of us considers all possible outcomes (probabilities) and factor the same in the model thus the model's projected outcome is closer to actual results. More probabilities factored in better are the model's projections.

These "Brilliant Strategic Studies Scholars" are making an aim for the same, unfortunately they are factoring in all the negatives and thus the bleak outlook. None of them have tried to factor in the human part, while it would take few mad men to cause nuclear holocaust, but fact is nuclear command and control on both sides of the border is pretty robust and well defined. If I am not wrong Americans, Chinese and to an extent Russians helped (depending upon the country) develop a NCC for both the countries. I am absolutely sure that as a deterrent and a threat both countries (stupid politicians and media-men) discuss the use of nuclear weapons against the other but deep state of each country does understand the repercussion of ever exercising this option. The only country every to get away was USA. In the heart of my heart I expect that somewhere in the near future both nations will understand that we could not go in the future by carrying burden of past hatred.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom