What's new

Ten Reasons Why Nepal ShouldJoin India

Dharmic doesn't necessarily mean religious. We have a shared culture in many ways.
Well then you are going to be vulnerable to Congress type people and its secoolar jihad more than ever. Remember be modern like Japan but never forget your culture and faith just like they don't.

Remember, both you and we are not other 'new world' countries where cultures contribute from different parts of the world.
i dont mean that i dont follow religion or culture what i say is nation does nt have religion or culture its the people have, who leaves in the country. by the way i prefer British more than japs. japs's are to be screwed by china in south china sea

i dont mean that i dont follow religion or culture what i say is nation does nt have religion or culture its the people have, who leaves in the country. by the way i prefer British more than japs. japs's are to be screwed by china in south china sea
We no problem with Japan in South China Sea and we are just brothers like you and us.

We no problem with Japan in South China Sea and we are just brothers like you and us.
well if it is so then why china changed status on air identification zone unilaterally without japenese consent and why japnese are amending their constitution.

As a Nepali this thread made me feel sick, thanks to the people who said; how would it feel like if some one made a thread about India join XYZ country.

I doubt it would work look at North east India it hasn't worked there, most of us don't look Indian most have mongoloid features and integration would be difficult

As a Nepali this thread made me feel sick, thanks to the people who said; how would it feel like if some one made a thread about India join XYZ country.

I doubt it would work look at North east India it hasn't worked there, most of us don't look Indian most have mongoloid features and integration would be difficult
North East India has worked very well actually.

This thread is extremely offensive for a patriotic Nepalese like me. Why should we join India??
Nepal is a undoubtedly a poor and underdeveloped country but don't forget that we have not exercised democracy for a long time (like India). When the british were building railways in India, Nepal was under the rule of a tyrant family who used all of the tax money for their luxury. Public were denied education (those who attempted to open schools were executed) while british teachers were hired for the ruling families. This lasted for 104 years. This was then followed by the king's direct rule and the civil war.
But Nepal has been successful in making some good progress in the past decade. Changes in literacy rate, poverty etc have been good. With a very manageable population, hardworking and honest people and a new constitution we will be better country than India in the near future (By better I don't mean superpower or a giant economy ).

Nepal is in fact already better than India in several aspects.

1. We are not racist like Indians. Indo-aryans and mongoloids and their admixture have been living in harmony for a long time here. (While in India, north east indians often heard committing suicides because of racial slurs or bullying. Similar stories are heard in the north east.)

2. We are more diverse than India but still unified. There is extreme hatred among the Indians etc.

All we expect from India is that they stop interfering in our politics. (Whenever big political decisions are about to be made RAW agents are seen in Kathmandu hotels).

North East India has worked very well actually.

You didn't 'acquire' us. We joined voluntarily. NEFA was a continuous part of the country while my state joined later, we DON'T WANT Nepal to join us.

They should be independent. Dude, seriously. You want more headache? We already have enough.

Nepalis should remain a separate country.

This thread is extremely offensive for a patriotic Nepalese like me. Why should we join India??

1. We are not racist like Indians. Indo-aryans and mongoloids and their admixture have been living in harmony for a long time here. (While in India, north east indians often heard committing suicides because of racial slurs or bullying. Similar stories are heard in the north east.)

Dude, only Delhi has that problem. I have lived there and yet never encountered racism. Who said we commit suicides? The attacks are done by criminals as Delhi has crimes against even local women of that city. What are you talking about? :blink:

This is nonsense that you have been told. Visit Pune, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Chennai or any other damn city across the country and you have NO issues. No one will look twice at you. Why? Personal experience.

2. We are more diverse than India but still unified. There is extreme hatred among the Indians etc.

All we expect from India is that they stop interfering in our politics. (Whenever big political decisions are about to be made RAW agents are seen in Kathmandu hotels)
You clearly don't know how united we are to issues. The election mandate across the country was the biggest example you can have.

Also, please stop this RAW agents nonsense that Maoists keep spreading. We have influence only as long as trade is concerned.

Last edited:
Dude, only Delhi has that problem. I have lived there and yet never encountered racism. Who said we commit suicides? The attacks are done by criminals as Delhi has crimes against even local women of that city. What are you talking about? :blink:

This is nonsense that you have been told. Visit Pune, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Chennai or any other damn city across the country and you have NO issues. No one will look twice at you. Why? Personal experience.

You clearly don't know how united we are to issues. The election mandate across the country was the biggest example you can have.

Also, please stop this RAW agents nonsense that Maoists keep spreading. We have influence only as long as trade is concerned.

Ok Mr. omniscient, sorry to say that you are deluded. I grew up in Kathmandu. There are so many people from Sikkim there. Some are of tibetan heritage and some of nepali mongolian heritage. Most of them come looking for a job and are mostly school teachers. I have heard enough from them about them being treated so well in non North East Indian part lol.

Only trade? Who gave Nepal Bhutanese refugees? Have you heard of Susta , Kalapani?

Last edited:
Ok Mr. omniscient, sorry to say that you are deluded. I grew up in Kathmandu. There are so many people from Sikkim there. Some are of tibetan heritage and some of nepali mongolian heritage. Most of them come looking for a job and are mostly school teachers. I have heard enough from them about them being treated so well in non North East Indian part lol.

Only trade? Who gave Nepal Bhutanese refugees? Have you heard of Susta , Kalapani?
NE people are hassled only in delhi.
thousands of nepalis live in India, how many ever got racially targetted?
however I agree this thread is very offensive to nepalis. Why would anybody want to join us, its not like we are europe, we still are very poor country.

My room mate was from sikkim and he never had problem because of his origin but he had all kind of problem like common Indians and if someone want to target the reason of those problem because of his origin then sure be my guest.

As for Nepalis they are everywhere in India and i don't see anything against them ( I played football with them this morning and didn't feel a single damn thing).

But sure you know better then those who are living here "A Internet child"

Nepal is a undoubtedly a poor and underdeveloped country but don't forget that we have not exercised democracy for a long time (like India). When the british were building railways in India, Nepal was under the rule of a tyrant family who used all of the tax money for their luxury. Public were denied education (those who attempted to open schools were executed) while british teachers were hired for the ruling families. This lasted for 104 years. This was then followed by the king's direct rule and the civil war.
But Nepal has been successful in making some good progress in the past decade. Changes in literacy rate, poverty etc have been good. With a very manageable population, hardworking and honest people and a new constitution we will be better country than India in the near future (By better I don't mean superpower or a giant economy ).

All we expect from India is that they stop interfering in our politics. (Whenever big political decisions are about to be made RAW agents are seen in Kathmandu hotels).

Patriotic Nepalese people will jealously guard the sovereignty of Nepal, that is natural. A Nepalese nationalist will feel hurt by the article suggesting Nepal joining the Indian union might seem as a insult to them, natural.

But before calling India racist please be informed that majority of Nepalese people living in India live a dignified life, there is no racism against them. My experience suggests that there are more Nepalese people living in certain urban centres in India than the Indian citizens from the North Eastern States and most of them are not being harassed in any manner.

There will always be some fringe elements including racists who might attack/harass people who look or behave differently compared to them, but those people do not define the character of a nation of more than 1.2 billion people. Even people from UP and Bihar are sometimes targets of such prejudices in cities like Delhi, Mumbai but these incidences are not as frequent and widespread as being reported by the media.

Also I know well that even in Nepal there is a wide ethnic/political divide between the people living in southern plains and the people from northern regions. There was a real threat of civil war between the southerners and northerners when Nepal decided to look towards North (read China) and ignore India because Nepalese people living in Terai region have strong family, economic and cultural ties with Indians.

Well Mr. Anti-India, I am not denying that there is a racism problem. There is. But it is everywhere. North does to south, east does to west, west does to east. If you didn't know, there is racism faced against even north Indians living in NE India. It never hits the news so no one knows.

But the problem is pre-dominantly happening in Delhi. Why? Because I have lived both in Delhi and Gantok and have seen it with others. Go to any other city, Chandigarh where many NE students study, go to Shimla, Nainital, Jammu, Srinagar, Amritsar, Jaipur etc. You find it nowhere. Not even UP. Gurgaon in Haryana has northeast Indians working there. There is hardly any racism there. Same way, thousands of them work in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai etc, nowhere was racism raised.

If you are referring to that panick mass SMS sent across to scare away northeast Indians, that was a dirty trick by some miscreants after tensions emerged when a Manipuri guy was stabbed by some muslim guys in Pune (it was around the time when Myanmar riots were happening, don't know WTF that has to do with us).

It is a pre-dominantly Delhi issue. So spare me the lecture.

The people you met from my state, may have had unfortunate experiences but what they are saying is there for everyone. It is just done in a different way. And 'Racism' is not the term. It is 'bias'.

In Delhi, I have seen south Indians getting teased, Gujaratis and Marwaris getting teased, Biharis getting discriminated.

So? All that is racism?

The city has fundamental attitude issues with people from across.

It is funny how despite all these years of bonhomie and at the time when your king was signing the deal, you never said anything about the border demarkation with British administration. Now suddenly you come up and raise issues after decades when Prachanda was in power. Sorry. Not happening.

Pray tell me, were the refugees officially deported to India? Let's hear your side of the story.

Back
Top Bottom