What's new

Ten Reasons Why Nepal ShouldJoin India

Skyline - I know given a chance you would want to take a potshot at India but understand the basic facts.

Arjun Sengupta though an economist is not the authoritative source on the poverty levels - He used flawed data between 1995 and 2005 to come up with his theory. I would rely on World bank Data - Here it is - It is 32.7% living below $1.25 in India as per 2010 statistics and on target to a single digit poverty levels by 2021 while Africa has 45% poverty levels - Not something to be proud of but not something to be feeling pessimistic either.

Inspite of it, India employs 5 million out of 30 million Nepalese.

That paragraph taken from an Indian site, written by an Indian.
The term "India is home to more poor than all Sub Saharan Africa" isn't my creation either, I have seen this term many times on this forum, and more recently in western media too.

Poor Indians forsaken in space race with China
BY:LINDSAY HUGHES From: The Australian April 19, 2013 12:00AM

AS their aspirations grow, India and China are reaching for the moon and beyond. Their space race is part of a jostling for regional influence and prestige as well as the technological and military benefits success will bring, with India aiming to land an astronaut on the moon by 2016-18.

But despite its economic, geopolitical, and military rise, India still has more undernourished people than the whole of sub-Saharan Africa. While the government has approved an ambitious plan to subsidise food for two-thirds of its population, there are questions as to whether it makes any real substantial change and how affordable it is as the country struggles to contain its fiscal deficit.

India, however, remains determined to compete with China, which has seemingly endless funds, and is set to land an exploratory craft on the moon this year with plans for a manned exploration later. Both nations also have Mars in their sights.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

That paragraph taken from an Indian site, written by an Indian.
The term "India is home to more poor than all Sub Saharan Africa" isn't my creation either, I have seen this term many times on this forum, and more recently in western media too.

Poor Indians forsaken in space race with China
BY:LINDSAY HUGHES From: The Australian April 19, 2013 12:00AM

AS their aspirations grow, India and China are reaching for the moon and beyond. Their space race is part of a jostling for regional influence and prestige as well as the technological and military benefits success will bring, with India aiming to land an astronaut on the moon by 2016-18.

But despite its economic, geopolitical, and military rise, India still has more undernourished people than the whole of sub-Saharan Africa. While the government has approved an ambitious plan to subsidise food for two-thirds of its population, there are questions as to whether it makes any real substantial change and how affordable it is as the country struggles to contain its fiscal deficit.

India, however, remains determined to compete with China, which has seemingly endless funds, and is set to land an exploratory craft on the moon this year with plans for a manned exploration later. Both nations also have Mars in their sights.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

I did not bring in China deliberately - But now you have brought it up here is the stats -

China started their reforms in 1978 - as of 2010 their poverty levels - less than $1.25 - 13.5%
India started their reforms in 1991 - as of 2010 their proverty levels - less than $1.25 - 32.7%

What World bank says about India - India is on target - target date 2021 to achieve single digit poverty levels. So you see the future is bright for India.

Last edited:
We love our Nepalese Dharmic brothers irrespective of what choice they make.

An Indian feels completely at home in the Dharmic country of Nepal even today.

We love our Nepalese Dharmic brothers irrespective of what choice they make.

An Indian feels completely at home in the Dharmic country of Nepal even today.
Nepal is no more religious its secular now, intensity of religious belief is decreasing generation after generation and this is happening every where as modernization touch

Last edited:
Nepal is no more religious its secular no, intensity of religious belief is decreasing generation after generation and this is happening every where as modernization touch

Dharmic doesn't necessarily mean religious. We have a shared culture in many ways.

Nepal is no more religious its secular no, intensity of religious belief is decreasing generation after generation and this is happening every where as modernization touch

Well then you are going to be vulnerable to Congress type people and its secoolar jihad more than ever. Remember be modern like Japan but never forget your culture and faith just like they don't.

Remember, both you and we are not other 'new world' countries where cultures contribute from different parts of the world.

Well then you are going to be vulnerable to Congress type people and its secoolar jihad more than ever. Remember be modern like Japan but never forget your culture and faith just like they don't.

Remember, both you and we are not other 'new world' countries where cultures contribute from different parts of the world.

Well put brother. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom