What's new

Temperatures in Iranian city of Ahvaz hit 129.2F (54C), near hottest on Earth in modern measurements

I don't think temperature is the end of it all - it is the humidity level that kills.

There are regions in Pakistan where temperatures cross 50C mark but humidity level average between 5 - 10% - the environment is bearable.

However, visit a region where temperature is like 45C and humidity at 30% - you will wish to stay inside. Lahore have experienced such bouts at times.

Karachi face most humidity in Pakistan if i am not wrong, our temp remain b/w 35 to 40c.

Serously how do you survive that?

We have awesome 23°C in Lucca. I relax on the balcony and cant imagine what 54° are like.
We can endure temperature levels like that but humidity level is another ballgame.

High humidity level (20% and above) becomes unbearable at high temperatures.

Karachi face most humidity in Pakistan if i am not wrong, our temp remain b/w 35 to 40c.
I will look into it.

Yes, humidity level is the chief cause of environment-related deaths in Karachi.

Last edited:
correct. that was the humidity that take lives in Karachi Last Year and so..
humidity ... we call it "Sharji" ( I didn't know the world and my dictionary didn't help me either ) ... its common , especially in coastal cities ... although my city distance to Persian gulf is about 45 km and there are less humidity in my city but and there are occocianal wave of humidifies as well but unless it become more than 25-30% no one care about it ...

I do , but after 5-10 minutes , the Helmet becomes to hot and make my head dizzy , so I have to half-open protection glass and then hot air rush to my face and eyes ( although I always use sun glass ) ...

there are so many accident between 12:00 and 18:00 ... this over heat make people impatient , angry , rough and cruel and depressed ...... and there are occasional sand storms and expensive electricity bill , government taxes , petro chemical companies smocks , and almost no public entertainment with bad road and streets and useless cars and motorcycle and expensive internet ....

shit , I'm becoming depress by listing all of these ...
stay Cool bro
its about 40 c here in esfahan but right now some ppl doing this kind of work under sun light from early morning till 8 pm ( with lunch time and other stuff between )
2007107.jpg

its one hell of the summer job

It is no longer strange for summer temperature to reach 37 C 39 C in Tehran, and 40 C in Shiraz and Isfahan. This is still better than Riyadh 42 C - 47 C, but it is still very hot.

I remember when i was 7 years old in Ahwaz in summer me and my cousins when every body was asleep (around 1-2pm) would have gone on the roof and played football
well when ou are young yo wont feel the heat only the fun

humidity ... we call it "Sharji" ( I didn't know the world and my dictionary didn't help me either ) ... its common , especially in coastal cities ... although my city distance to Persian gulf is about 45 km and there are less humidity in my city but and there are occocianal wave of humidifies as well but unless it become more than 25-30% no one care about it ...
Hello dude
That is exact problem distance from sea.
I took this screenshot from my phone today at around 3 pm
humidity bring down temperature

Nobody can bring above this temperature and humidity screenshot

Last edited:
there was 37 C with 55% Humidty Last week .. & i was taking 2 Cold water showers per hour

here in central europe we have daily around 30-34 and it sucks, because I life in a big city....

Back
Top Bottom