What's new

tejas wont be inducted in large numbers

give me the link and people with basic knowledge will laugh it`:D

There you go "Einstein"

Gripen NG and recent developments
Saab Gripen NG demonstrator at RIAT 2010

A two-seat "New Technology Demonstrator" has been built,[15] and was presented on 23 April 2008. It has increased fuel capacity, a more powerful powerplant, increased payload capacity, upgraded avionics and other improvements. The new Gripen NG (Next Generation) is also referred to as the "Gripen Demo",[16][17] the "Gripen E/F", or MS 21.[18][19] This version has many new parts and is powered by the General Electric F414G, a development of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet's engine. The engine produces 20% more thrust at 98 kN (22,000 lbf), enabling a supercruise speed of Mach 1.1 with air-to-air missiles.[20]

Compared to the Gripen D, the Gripen NG's maximum takeoff weight has increased from 14,000 to 16,000 kg (30,900–35,300 lb) with an increase in empty weight of 200 kg (440 lb). , Due to relocated main landing gearhe internal fuel capacity has increased by 40%, with significant increase in range. Combat radius will be 1300 km with six AAMs + drop tanks, and 30 min on station.[21] Ferry range will be 4,070 km (2,200 nmi) with drop tanks. The new undercarriage configuration also allows for the addition of two heavy stores pylons to the fuselage. Its PS-05/A radar adds a new AESA antenna for flight testing beginning in mid-2009.[20]

Gripen Demo's maiden flight was conducted on 27 May 2008. The test flight lasted about 30 minutes and reached a maximum altitude of about 6,400 meters (21,000 ft).[22] On 21 January 2009, the Gripen Demo flew at Mach 1.2 without reheat to test its supercruise capability.[23][24][25]

Saab performed study work on an aircraft carrier based version in the 1990s. In 2009, Saab launched the Sea Gripen project in response to India's request for information on a carrier-borne aircraft. Brazil also has a potential carrier aircraft need.[26][27] Sweden awarded Saab a four-year contract in 2010 to improve the Gripen's radar and other equipment, and lower its operating costs.[28] In June 2010, Saab stated that Sweden plans to order the Gripen NG under the JAS 39E/F designation. The new variant is to enter Swedish service in 2017 or possibly earlier if export orders are received.[19] The Swedish MS21 (Gripen E/F) project depends on both the results of the Indian MRCA competition and the Brazilian F-X2 competition, as well as the progress on the Swedish MS20 Gripen update programme. The Swedish MS20 project is to modernize all the Gripens in the Swedish Air Force mainly with the long-range MBDA Meteor missile and the short-range IRIS-T missile. This is to be made no later than 2014.

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There you go "Einstein"

Gripen NG and recent developments
Saab Gripen NG demonstrator at RIAT 2010

A two-seat "New Technology Demonstrator" has been built,[15] and was presented on 23 April 2008. It has increased fuel capacity, a more powerful powerplant, increased payload capacity, upgraded avionics and other improvements. The new Gripen NG (Next Generation) is also referred to as the "Gripen Demo",[16][17] the "Gripen E/F", or MS 21.[18][19] This version has many new parts and is powered by the General Electric F414G, a development of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet's engine. The engine produces 20% more thrust at 98 kN (22,000 lbf), enabling a supercruise speed of Mach 1.1 with air-to-air missiles.[20]

Compared to the Gripen D, the Gripen NG's maximum takeoff weight has increased from 14,000 to 16,000 kg (30,900–35,300 lb) with an increase in empty weight of 200 kg (440 lb). , Due to relocated main landing gearhe internal fuel capacity has increased by 40%, with significant increase in range. Combat radius will be 1300 km with six AAMs + drop tanks, and 30 min on station.[21] Ferry range will be 4,070 km (2,200 nmi) with drop tanks. The new undercarriage configuration also allows for the addition of two heavy stores pylons to the fuselage. Its PS-05/A radar adds a new AESA antenna for flight testing beginning in mid-2009.[20]

Gripen Demo's maiden flight was conducted on 27 May 2008. The test flight lasted about 30 minutes and reached a maximum altitude of about 6,400 meters (21,000 ft).[22] On 21 January 2009, the Gripen Demo flew at Mach 1.2 without reheat to test its supercruise capability.[23][24][25]

Saab performed study work on an aircraft carrier based version in the 1990s. In 2009, Saab launched the Sea Gripen project in response to India's request for information on a carrier-borne aircraft. Brazil also has a potential carrier aircraft need.[26][27] Sweden awarded Saab a four-year contract in 2010 to improve the Gripen's radar and other equipment, and lower its operating costs.[28] In June 2010, Saab stated that Sweden plans to order the Gripen NG under the JAS 39E/F designation. The new variant is to enter Swedish service in 2017 or possibly earlier if export orders are received.[19] The Swedish MS21 (Gripen E/F) project depends on both the results of the Indian MRCA competition and the Brazilian F-X2 competition, as well as the progress on the Swedish MS20 Gripen update programme. The Swedish MS20 project is to modernize all the Gripens in the Swedish Air Force mainly with the long-range MBDA Meteor missile and the short-range IRIS-T missile. This is to be made no later than 2014.

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there you go Wiki professor`` do you even know what does 40% mean? by relocating the landing gear?? lol``where you gonna put the landing gear then? creating 'extra' comparment?:D, the size of the landing gear is fixed, no matter where you gonna store the required space is fixed, might be smaller than the previous one, but 40%!! guess you never use logical thinkings but getting anything that suits your 'fanboy' believes? :P

but Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFTs) is the only choice without major alteration of aeroframes to dramatically increase fuel capacity, any signs of that on MK2 project?

p.s critical thinking is very important!

Include J20 also :lol:

yeah sure you can troll on j-20, j-10 or f-17 as much as you want``but doesnt change the fact that you are a low class cheap shooter``:no::wave:

i'm confused, does MK2 dramatically changed its aerodynamics``? how come it will increase 40% of its internal fuel capacity``its just nonsonsical!! F-18E/F is significantly larger than F-18C/D, with 23% lagger wings and 0.8 m longer fuslage`and yet its internal fuel capacity only increased 30%!!

If MK2 increases capacity to 40% the size of LCA will be at least the same size of J-10s and the wing area is going to be over 55 square meters, which will be as big as F-15s`!!

one of the basic rules of aeroplan design is to minimize unnecessary weitghts and maximis the internal fuel capacity!! if DRDO is following the rule then the current LCA has already maximized its internal fuel capacity!!

Yes there is a change in length and breadth of the aircraft... and what is so nonsense about it... The needed for such a powerful engine ... as well as refining the aerodynamics .... is the aim of MK2...

secondly your argument of 40% of increase in size... no one argued on increase in size.. but 40% increase in fuel... at present Tejas holds internal fuel of 3300l keeping the mass of petrol is 0.737/kg per litre.. and 40% of it is approximately 1300 litre... which is the aim... but increase by 50 cm with such big diameter of the body getting 1200 litre is more possible...

and secondly your basic rule of aeroplane is being carried... there is work carried still to reduce the weight of the aeroplane .. and with 98Kn it can still carry a MTOW of 17 to 18ton... ... enough for a pay load of 5 tonne...

Yes there is a change in length and breadth of the aircraft... and what is so nonsense about it... The needed for such a powerful engine ... as well as refining the aerodynamics .... is the aim of MK2...

secondly your argument of 40% of increase in size... no one argued on increase in size.. but 40% increase in fuel... at present Tejas holds internal fuel of 3300l keeping the mass of petrol is 0.737/kg per litre.. and 40% of it is approximately 1300 litre... which is the aim... but increase by 50 cm with such big diameter of the body getting 1200 litre is more possible...

and secondly your basic rule of aeroplane is being carried... there is work carried still to reduce the weight of the aeroplane .. and with 98Kn it can still carry a MTOW of 17 to 18ton... ... enough for a pay load of 5 tonne...

the 40% implied for fuel capacity not size``in my previous post i stated F-18E/F had 23% increase in wing area and 830mm increase of the fuslage, by adding that much, it only increases like 30% of the fuel capacity, so I was asking, if as SR-71 claimed 40% increase in fuel capacity then it is inevitable to have major changes in its aerodynamics``

and is there any diagrams or spesification of MK2?

the 40% implied for fuel capacity not size``in my previous post i stated F-18E/F had 23% increase in wing area and 830mm increase of the fuslage, by adding that much, it only increases like 30% of the fuel capacity, so I was asking, if as SR-71 claimed 40% increase in fuel capacity then it is inevitable to have major changes in its aerodynamics``

and is there any diagrams or spesification of MK2?

for diagram you can

tejas-mk2.jpg

Tejas current internal fuel weight is 2500 Kg... with the increase in size and diameter by (0.5m * 0.2m) you can increase the internal fuel weight by 3000 kg to 3300 kg .. which is an increase of 40% approximately or around 35% accurately... still retaining the light combat and smallest 4 th gen air craft...
The increase in fuel is 40% is the aim to have more combat radius of the multi role capabilities

lol`` did you even read the article? I have that article, I keep these kind of articles just in case for someone like you, thx anyway, guess you did more research than just wikied``

there is a clear mis-information in that article, in the top gray collum it stated 'interanl capacity' of NG increases from 100%-140% which is very mis-leading! the Saab Jas-39 A/C has internal fuel capacity of 794 US gallon (3008 littters) which is roughly 2,216KG. and in the 'Expended fuel Capacity' paragraph clearly stated that with the DROP tanks AND internal fuel capacity, increase Gripen's TOTAL fuel load by 1,400KG which is 36% of its current A/C's internal fuel capacity``

seriously get a clue of what is internal and external capacity first, and as I stated before be critical and have some common senses before jump into a conclusion``period

p.s I m laughing now`:D

lol`` did you even read the article? I have that article, I keep these kind of articles just in case for someone like you, thx anyway, guess you did more research than just wikied``

there is a clear mis-information in that article, in the top gray collum it stated 'interanl capacity' of NG increases from 100%-140% which is very mis-leading! the Saab Jas-39 A/C has internal fuel capacity of 794 US gallon (3008 littters) which is roughly 2,216KG. and in the 'Expended fuel Capacity' paragraph clearly stated that with the DROP tanks AND internal fuel capacity, increase Gripen's TOTAL fuel load by 1,400KG which is 36% of its current A/C's internal fuel capacity``

seriously get a clue of what is internal and external capacity first, and as I stated before be critical and have some common senses before jump into a conclusion``period

p.s I m laughing now`:D

see the table properly it states internal fuel 140%... just laugh again

Back
Top Bottom