What's new

tejas wont be inducted in large numbers

Expanded fuel capacity: Through the redesign of the main landing gear, the Gripen Demo aircraft has gained significantly enlarged internal fuel carriage space. Once full advantage is taken of all the available volume the extra fuel will boost Gripen’s range. The Gripen Demo aircraft is also capable of carrying new 450 US gallon underwing drop tanks. The drop tanks and extra internal capacity increase Gripen’s total fuel load by 1,400 kg.

Basic data Gripen C Gripen NG
Length excl. pitot tube 14.1 m 14.1 m
Wing span incl. launchers 8.4 m 8.4 m
Number of Stations 8 10
Empty weight 6800 7000
Internal Fuel 100 % 140% :china:
:cheers:

? can you work out the 40% increase? becareful we are only talking about internal capacity``please read all my posts since 117... there was a major error on the Saab JAS-39 NG version article. the 40% internal increase was wrong which was proven by the article itself (you wroted it as well)``follow the link provided by kingdrugaking..

the 40% includes the new External Drop tanks 450 US gallon... and the both increased internal and external capacity to 1,400KG which is roughly 40% of current capacity

and I also stated the 40% increase of current capacity will occupy arround 2 cubic meters of space, its difficul to make such space even with re-designed landing gears for such small plane``besides they relocate the compartments under the wings and it is inevitably going to take some fuel space from the wing section``my opinion`

yeah sure you can troll on j-20, j-10 or f-17 as much as you want``but doesnt change the fact that you are a low class cheap shooter``:no::wave:

mind your language before making comment on others, do you think we are jealous about some others? , do you think we don't have any work? , we ADMIT facts. recently i went to mobile shop to buy new NOKIA mobile, he showed me NOKIA N8 n he told it was just 7000rupees im shock'd, bcz the original mobile was about 25000 rupees, i got doubt n opend the battery there i saw 2 sim slots yuppy it was MADE IN CHINA, i dont have guts to buy dat mobile even it was just 7K rupees, every feature is same as original and also it had extra features, but i said no thanks because it was MADE IN CHINA, it was a crap mobile ,junk............ can i give u, wat more things u r copying. dude here no body is jealous about other we are busy at our works.

? can you work out the 40% increase? becareful we are only talking about internal capacity``please read all my posts since 117... there was a major error on the Saab JAS-39 NG version article. the 40% internal increase was wrong which was proven by the article itself (you wroted it as well)``follow the link provided by kingdrugaking..

the 40% includes the new External Drop tanks 450 US gallon... and the both increased internal and external capacity to 1,400KG which is roughly 40% of current capacity

and I also stated the 40% increase of current capacity will occupy arround 2 cubic meters of space, its difficul to make such space even with re-designed landing gears for such small plane``besides they relocate the compartments under the wings and it is inevitably going to take some fuel space from the wing section``my opinion`

I am open to the possibility of errors in the article. But give me a reliable source admitting to the error.

Through the redesign of the main landing gear, the Gripen Demo aircraft has gained significantly enlarged internal fuel carriage space. Once full advantage is taken of all the available volume the extra fuel will boost Gripen’s range.

Make note of "significantly enlarged internal fuel carriage space" without any major change in the aircraft. The initial point that you argued was that a change that is significant in terms of fuel capacity should accompany a full fledged design re jig. That I believe is rebuffed.

:cheers:

I dont think rcrmj has any credit in critizing the brochure of SAAB... who is he an aviation expert or SAAB owner to critize the magazine.. the company puts the info on the broucher only if that is credibile .......

This guy rcrmj wantedly lives in the state of denial because he is being busted... he will neither accept SAAB has got 40% increase in internal fuel... nor MK2 will get 40% increase in internal fuel

who are you to debunk that it has got a major error.. do you think SAAB company is such a cheap shot to give that error??? will it do credibility to its product?? just dont show your big mouth.... SAAB has put 40% of increase fuel mean it is 40% of increase internal fuel....

If we cant believe the information from the company .... then there is nothing can be trusted... we have to stick to one source and that source is from SAAB..

I doubt the number of Tejas needed is very large in the first place.
The Tejas can replace 4 Mig-21's in terms of availability and performance.
and one on one replacement is impossible. Just look at the USAF which has less and less, each decade.
Less can be more.
Aside for that, full production of Tejas won't comence until the MMRCA, and block II of the Tejas. MMRCA and Tejas uses the same skin and likely will use the same technology in the basic airframe and most likely the same avionics.
This being said. We doubted the Arjun. But 124 are being built with another 124 mark II on order. Besides that, the Tejas mark II will have supercruise and AESA. And since its cheaper, lighter and built to Indian AF standards for new pilots, it really can't thrown aside. The project, is far too big to fail. If the Tejas project was going to be cancelled, it should have happened in 2000. Obviously we can aspect the IAF to know what they are doing, when they are funding the development of the Tejas, and so is the navy.

I doubt the number of Tejas needed is very large in the first place.
The Tejas can replace 4 Mig-21's in terms of availability and performance.
and one on one replacement is impossible. Just look at the USAF which has less and less, each decade.
Less can be more.
Aside for that, full production of Tejas won't comence until the MMRCA, and block II of the Tejas. MMRCA and Tejas uses the same skin and likely will use the same technology in the basic airframe and most likely the same avionics.
This being said. We doubted the Arjun. But 124 are being built with another 124 mark II on order. Besides that, the Tejas mark II will have supercruise and AESA. And since its cheaper, lighter and built to Indian AF standards for new pilots, it really can't thrown aside. The project, is far too big to fail. If the Tejas project was going to be cancelled, it should have happened in 2000. Obviously we can aspect the IAF to know what they are doing, when they are funding the development of the Tejas, and so is the navy.

Sound like Tejas MKII will be ready when most other countries start to induct large numbers of fifth generation fight. By then, Teja MKII would be an advance plane by today's standard but an obsolete plane by the time its ready. But I'm glad India is working on MMRCA and FGGA in case Teja's schedule slip again and again, just like its predecessor.

Sound like Tejas MKII will be ready when most other countries start to induct large numbers of fifth generation fight. By then, Teja MKII would be an advance plane by today's standard but an obsolete plane by the time its ready. But I'm glad India is working on MMRCA and FGGA in case Teja's schedule slip again and again, just like its predecessor.

Majority of planes by 2016 will still be 4th gen.

Majority of planes by 2016 will still be 4th gen.

But I doubt the plane will be ready in 2016. There is a reason for the MMRCA purchase. The Indian military has no confidence in the capability of HAL. I won't blame them.

But I doubt the plane will be ready in 2016. There is a reason for the MMRCA purchase. The Indian military has no confidence in the capability of HAL. I won't blame them.

If you look at your all past posts in India defence thread .We not surprised that you even doubt a country to be existed called India ...:no:

Is LCA still in early stage? I would say that LCA is in the same stage as when the first version of f-15A came out. when f-15A came out, USAF bought a bunch of them. We didn't wait until an upgrade to produce them in large quantity. If we did that, F-15A would had been a big failure as we need to wait for another major upgrade to induct in large quantities.

LCA is No more under HAL's Scanner, Its Now Handed Over to IAF pilots, where a Non Fighter Squadron has been Opened in Bangalore which Would Be Moved elsewhere when It gets the Tag of a Fighter Squadron.... And USA is miles and Leaps Ahead of India, India is a Country which is still indulged in Bridging the gaps of 30 Years of Technological Advantage the Developed countries had.... HAL is Testing the LCA Navy and MKII of the LCA Airforce.... And Instead of wasting the money on MLU, it was Wise enough of India to Buy top notch Air Superiority Fighter by keeping LCA a Present Time Interceptor, Rather Induct it and Do an MLU....

When the Tejas gets inducted the PLAAF will still have J-7s and J-10s. So I don't see a problem. Especially since the Eurofighter, Gripen and Rafale will be around for a while as well.

Like the doubt of American companies on first test flight of LCA:hitwall:

I guess there is a big gap here in MMRCA purchase... MMRCA started as MRCA to replace Mig-21's but LCA showed the light at the end of the tunnel ....
there is no alternative for ageing mig -27, jaguar ... and from Kargil the need for MMRCA is justified.. so MRCA is converted to MMRCA... i dont think MMRCA and LCA can be linked... because it is seriously stupid to say MMRCA has been bough to replace Mig-21.. the whole world will laugh..

Further LCA at present is much better in terms of payload , Avionics and range... but IAF as per there past history understood it has to be a Multi role and thats why the requirement has been shifted for 81KN to 95KN requirement.. and MK-2 is brought in to justify this...

Back
Top Bottom