What's new

Tejas with radar jammer flies maiden sortie

@Donatello

BEL produces two versions of MAWS, one is for fighter/strike aircraft and the other is for Helicopters.

The pic I posted is that of the Helicopter variant which is fitted in HAL Rudra and Dhruv Mk-III.

NO offence dude but going through your posts on this thread,I very much doubt it.:coffee:
Don't be, am not the original twinblade frm M.P or D.F.I but yes a D.F.I member and pretty well known there.....

at least we are not wasting our money on imaginary aircraft.

our beast is flying and operational

operational?? then why don't PAF use your JF-17 in your war on terror?? only F-16 are used for ground attack in FATA and Baluchistan.

Last edited:
at least we are not wasting our money on imaginary aircraft.

Learn to waste your money on indigenous products,it would be good for your industry.

I know and i agree with that, except what i am interested in knowing is how good is Tejas at reclaiming it's lost energy back during a STR after the initial IT.....

Its said that the compound delta wing was adopted to overcome this defect of pure deltas.The design was for an STR of 17 deg per sec and ITR of 30 deg per sec Air Marshal Wollen (former chairman of HAL ) is to be believed.There are videos of Tejas performing horizontal loop at Aero India 2011 (with a 6g limitation back then ) which is consistent with this figure.

NO ONE outside of the US pretty much, spends trillions on R&D. The next in line from an R&D's standpoint is Israel, then Russia and China (upcoming, still behind though).
Everyone else takes their initial design input from an existing system and tries to then produce it internally. So from that regards, what I am asking is, which system was looked at before this "Made in India" system was designed.

I don't think any foreign system was contemplated initially-just like the radar of LCA.

Because the member i quoted had earlier stated that F-16 is limited to 25 degree AoA compared with LCA's 26 degree AoA.

One degree is not going to matter much.My intention was to prove that the AoA capability is same as benchmarks in this field.

Learn to waste your money on indigenous products,it would be good for your industry.

Its said that the compound delta wing was adopted to overcome this defect of pure deltas.The design was for an STR of 17 deg per sec and ITR of 30 deg per sec Air Marshal Wollen (former chairman of HAL ) is to be believed.There are videos of Tejas performing horizontal loop at Aero India 2011 (with a 6g limitation back then ) which is consistent with this figure.

I don't think any foreign system was contemplated initially-just like the radar of LCA.

One degree is not going to matter much.My intention was to prove that the AoA capability is same as benchmarks in this field.

Tejas Mk 2 is being designed to match or exceed F 16 in STR while having much better ITR as it is.

You know IAF, nothing but the best will do when it comes to indigenous products.

With a radar range yet of 50 km .. yet to be increased due to faulty design.
AoA of 22.. yet to be increased to 24

@DESERT FIGHTER
Hi there!
Your information regarding LCA is awefuly outdated,or perhaps your bias is clouding your judgemental capabailities?either way,it is NOT wise to remain ignorant.Here are a few corrections-

(a) The range of the radar is limited to 50-60kms not because of any issues with the radar but because of the "composite radome" that severly impedes the electromagnetic radiations.This is not a grave concern as it can be remedied using a radome made up of quartz(that is transparent to EM waves)- and infact a suitable quartz radome is being implemented on LCA
(b)The AoA of LCA has already touched 26 DEGREES,i repeat again,26 degrees(This was revealed in most recent seminars:Bangalore).
Here i would like to point out that,LRDE is working on their own AESA radar with range greater than 100kms.This project is known as "L-273" or project uttam.This radar will likely have a peak power of <4kW and employ LRDE's PATENTED 4 channel TRMM design(i hope you understand what PATENT means). LRDE's L-273 radar will be better than any radar that PAF can get their hands on- believe!

PS- I can go into greater depths to explain how L-273 would be superior should you choose to discuss this in greater lengths

If seeing is believing, PAF F-16 has never been videotaped firing AIM-120 ? Does it mean it can't, No ! It means PAF PR dept is worst in marketing their products. So it's not a valid argument seeing is believing.

And how did you arrive at the fact, dual mode guidance SD-10 A is inferior to Derby ? Composite is one area where LCA excels, Powerful engine is a necessity in Delta config, So how could you imply LCA engine is a luxury instead of a necessity ?

Serial production in Pakistan started in 2009. It took 4 years to develop 50 JF-17. Production slowed down due to extreme funding issues. Not due to we lack capacity to produce.

Perhaps it's time you pay a visit to shop where they do eye test ? since you cant differentiate b/w IR which is PL-5EII and PL-12 which is BVR

View attachment 183021
Where I said its a PL-5E? Dont make stories by yourself.

@DESERT FIGHTER
Hi there!
Your information regarding LCA is awefuly outdated,or perhaps your bias is clouding your judgemental capabailities?either way,it is NOT wise to remain ignorant.Here are a few corrections-

(a) The range of the radar is limited to 50-60kms not because of any issues with the radar but because of the "composite radome" that severly impedes the electromagnetic radiations.This is not a grave concern as it can be remedied using a radome made up of quartz(that is transparent to EM waves)- and infact a suitable quartz radome is being implemented on LCA
(b)The AoA of LCA has already touched 26 DEGREES,i repeat again,26 degrees(This was revealed in most recent seminars:Bangalore).
Here i would like to point out that,LRDE is working on their own AESA radar with range greater than 100kms.This project is known as "L-273" or project uttam.This radar will likely have a peak power of <4kW and employ LRDE's PATENTED 4 channel TRMM design(i hope you understand what PATENT means). LRDE's L-273 radar will be better than any radar that PAF can get their hands on- believe!

PS- I can go into greater depths to explain how L-273 would be superior should you choose to discuss this in greater lengths

One thing, isnt Uttam will be successor of EL/M=2052?

so pac made 42 jfs ..........according to this Pakistan starts domestic production of JF-17 fighter - 1/28/2008 - Flight Global pak started jf sp in jan,2008 not 2009 as you are saying ....actually before 2008 in 2007 if you consider date.......what i didnt knew that paf already had 7 jf

so till date pac made 42 jf in 6 yrs

the video you posted
here the person at 8:30 says that weapon integration is still not done but at least we have a 2 operational jf sq compared to lca.....what you say about that

Small batch production started, in 08, full batch production started in 2009. You don't have a concept of SBP and Full Batch production ?

It take time and funds to build aircraft, we learned quickly, Funds issue arised warna to Block-1 production run would have ended in 2012. So I'm still not getting what you are trying to say ?

And PGM and specialized weapons integration takes time after inducting, It's not that exclusive to JF-17, Take example of Eurofighter BVR and PGM integration which occurred last year after 9 years EF was inducted or take a look at F-16 or Rafael integration programs.

It doesn't mean If India is integrating everything before inducting LCA, it's a norm and if JF-17 doesn't followed such trajectory, it means it has flaws !

You'll use anything you can to demean the LCA project and India, won't you? I guess you guys are facing the same issue with the Russians and their supply limiting the JF-17's production, that would explain the very poor production rate of the Thunder.

poor speculation.It was funding issues which throttled the JF production.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom