What's new

Tejas with radar jammer flies maiden sortie

It doesn't mean If India is integrating everything before inducting LCA, it's a norm and if JF-17 doesn't followed such trajectory, it means it has flaws !

Its the other way around. Its fashionable to just talk trash about LCA here without making an effort to understand our approach is different and constant progress is being made. For example there was no need for JF17 to appear on this thread. Such off topic posts on JF 17 thread earns one an instant ban.

Also LCA project has way more transparency than JF 17.

One thing, isnt Uttam will be successor of EL/M=2052

A simple answer-NO! 2052 was never made available to LRDE.However LRDE's L273 was indeed sent to some foreign country(preferably israel) for some of the trials(and trials alone)- again it was revealed by none other DG DRDO himself

@Stephen Cohen
I have not read any technical papers or open source literature on DRDO's EW systems,hence cant comment,however if you want to know about AESA,i can probably write in detail after feb and when i say "Detailed" i mean every bit of it!

One thing, isnt Uttam will be successor of EL/M=2052?

no project uttam is stand alone project by drdo...not related to elta 2052

Small batch production started, in 08, full batch production started in 2009. You don't have a concept of SBP and Full Batch production ?

It take time and funds to build aircraft, we learned quickly, Funds issue arised warna to Block-1 production run would have ended in 2012. So I'm still not getting what you are trying to say ?

And PGM and specialized weapons integration takes time after inducting, It's not that exclusive to JF-17, Take example of Eurofighter BVR and PGM integration which occurred last year after 9 years EF was inducted or take a look at F-16 or Rafael integration programs.

It doesn't mean If India is integrating everything before inducting LCA, it's a norm and if JF-17 doesn't followed such trajectory, it means it has flaws !
i am saying that production rate is poor..........and i do know what is limited and serial production ............but changing the terminology will not hide the fact that all those sbp or full bp are inducted in paf

weapons integration takes time.........so saying that it integration with bvr is also not correct .........firing bvr is one thing and firing and hiting target is another
poor speculation.It was funding issues which throttled the JF production.
Paf is only inducting jf and nothing else ........then how on earth it is short of funds

no project uttam is stand alone project by drdo...not related to elta 2052

i am saying that production rate is poor..........and i do know what is limited and serial production ............but changing the terminology will not hide the fact that all those sbp or full bp are inducted in paf

weapons integration takes time.........so saying that it integration with bvr is also not correct .........firing bvr is one thing and firing and hiting target is another

Paf is only inducting jf and nothing else ........then how on earth it is short of funds

JF-17 project was running on Chinese loan in 2011-2012. Previous payments of AWAC both from china and Sweden, That SAM brought from ITALY held up the payments coupled with Federal government didn't released funds since 2007 for purchasing/upgrading/buying new stuff.

“After 2007 PAF did not get a penny from federal government and had to shelve the plan,” the air chief was quoted as saying in the report by its Chairman Senator Mushahid Hussain Syed.

The report further said that due to suspension of the development plan, PAF had to close number of projects which have affected the overall up gradation in the country including air bases, jets and other facilities.

The report also quoted air chief as saying that the PAF was also not given full share in the defence budget and it received only 60 per cent of the whole budget allocated for PAF.

PAF suspends “Air Force Development Plan 2025,” says report - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Money hai to Honey hai. Unless you are implying something, like poor production is due to lack of skills ?

Weapons integration started late 2011/early 2012. The video of test firings are 3 years old at least.What you are implying is due to the fact you are not apprised with JF-17 updates. 3 years is sufficient time to integrate BVR fully which Project director of JF-17 also confirmed . Hence arguing for the sake of arguing isn't leading this debate to anywhere

operational?? then why don't PAF use your JF-17 in your war on terror?? only F-16 are used for ground attack in FATA and Baluchistan.
we have plenty of F-16 so whats wrong if we use F-16
basically its not matter what we use our aim is to finish Pakistani Taliban Bastard

we have plenty of F-16 so whats wrong if we use F-16
basically its not matter what we use our aim is to finish Pakistani Taliban Bastard

there are plenty of jf-17 in PAF. and it is matter of pride if you use your own weapons in conflicts than using of imported weapons. and it more costly to operate the f-16 than operating jf-17. the availability of spare parts are greatly available and more economical in case of jf-17.

A small aircraft with a lower RCS due to composites etc would be very difficult to detect if carrying a jammer. What people here need to focus on is the fact that the jammer is embedded or internal. Generally aircraft like Mig-21 have to sacrifice a pylon to carry a jammer, which means loss of payload. This jammer would make LCA a huge threat. With an aircraft like Su-30/awacs relaying the radar picture from far, the LCA would sneak in undetected in radar off mode.
Also news of flight of PV1 after a long long time, looks like lot of trials have happened in the background.

A small aircraft with a lower RCS due to composites etc would be very difficult to detect if carrying a jammer. What people here need to focus on is the fact that the jammer is embedded or internal. Generally aircraft like Mig-21 have to sacrifice a pylon to carry a jammer, which means loss of payload. This jammer would make LCA a huge threat. With an aircraft like Su-30/awacs relaying the radar picture from far, the LCA would sneak in undetected in radar off mode.
Also news of flight of PV1 after a long long time, looks like lot of trials have happened in the background.
Dont know about Mk.1, but definitely there would be embedded EW suit in mk.2.

untitled.JPG

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom