What's new

Tejas with radar jammer flies maiden sortie

Whats the use of making it operational when it still cannot open the Canopy for the pilot to escape.. Lol.. This proves you guys are in a hurry and that we are not!!
please tell me when it was happen?

Block 2 program started in 2013 so it takes 3 to 4 years to make it
here "Block 2 program" you mean serial production or development ?
if serial production , then its too slow....last jf was inducted in 2013 dec.......while no jf was inducted last year

that way i said in earlier comment from 2007 to 2014= 49 that means 6 jf per year......too slow

if serial production, will its just an upgrade of jf bk1 in area of ew suite and rader thats it...

Alright.....if you think everyone will believe that!

If a Russian, Israeli or a Western option was selected why would an Indian system be installed right now ?

I don't think you read my post carefully. In today's world, NO ONE outside of the US pretty much, spends trillions on R&D. The next in line from an R&D's standpoint is Israel, then Russia and China (upcoming, still behind though).
Everyone else takes their initial design input from an existing system and tries to then produce it internally. So from that regards, what I am asking is, which system was looked at before this "Made in India" system was designed.

if serial production , then its too slow....last jf was inducted in 2013 dec.......while no jf was inducted last year

that way i said in earlier comment from 2007 to 2014= 49 that means 6 jf per year......too slow

if serial production, will its just an upgrade of jf bk1 in area of ew suite and rader thats it...

JF-17 parts come from China. China dictates how many JF-17 Pakistan has. Just like the US dictates how man LCA India has. Pakistan has 49 JF-17. Not too shabby. France has 46 Rafale C fighters.

Last edited:
With that big delta facing the air at 26 degree AoA......you're really not doing anything useful, because after that your energy is gone. F-16 was designed with that kept in mind.....that is why It has a much better sustained turn rate......

I think you are comparing Apples to Oranges. LCA shouldn't be compared with the F-16's. I'd compare it to JFT instead and early versions of Mirage 2000.

@Bratva

The fact is that one should not be impolite by asking for VIDEOS
of missile tests as proof

My point is that Missile tests are ALWAYS Recorded and then broadcast
as a worthy proof of achievement

Interviews are also OK but a video would have been much better

You know seeing is believing

ANY way comparision between SD 10 and Derby !!! No way

In the Inevitable comparision between JF 17 and LCA
The other specifications can ALL be debated
such as Radar ; EW suites ; Range ; FBW

But the ENGINE ; Composites materials and DERBY missile are
what put LCA in a better position than JF 17

If seeing is believing, PAF F-16 has never been videotaped firing AIM-120 ? Does it mean it can't fire ? No ! It means PAF PR dept is worsr in marketing their products. So it's not a valid argument seeing is believing.

And how did you arrive at the fact, dual mode guidance SD-10 A is inferior to Derby ? Composite is one area where LCA excels, Powerful engine is a necessity in Delta config, So how could you imply LCA engine is a luxury instead of a necessity ?

Serial production in Pakistan started in 2009. It took 4 years to develop 50 JF-17. Production slowed down due to extreme funding issues. Not due to we lack capacity to produce.

Maybe stupid question, but are you sure this is PL-12?
Untitled.png

Because in reality PL-12 has mid body fins.
PL-12-SD-10A-AAM-Zhenguan-Studio-2S.jpg

Perhaps it's time you pay a visit to shop where they do eye test ? since you cant differentiate b/w IR which is PL-5EII and PL-12 which is BVR

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Serial production in Pakistan started in 2009. It took 4 years to develop 50 JF-17. Production slowed down due to extreme funding issues. Not due to we lack capacity to produce.

so before 2009 how many jf pak had...........

7-8. Came from China
so pac made 42 jfs ..........according to this Pakistan starts domestic production of JF-17 fighter - 1/28/2008 - Flight Global pak started jf sp in jan,2008 not 2009 as you are saying ....actually before 2008 in 2007 if you consider date.......what i didnt knew that paf already had 7 jf

so till date pac made 42 jf in 6 yrs

the video you posted
here the person at 8:30 says that weapon integration is still not done but at least we have a 2 operational jf sq compared to lca.....what you say about that

Last edited:
so before 2009 how many jf pak had...........

0 before 2009. First squadron of 12 was formed on February 18, 2010.

This one is batch 1, number 12, built in 2009.

Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_JF-17_Gu.jpg

This one is batch 1, number 16, built in 2010.

jf-17_thunder_drouge_rwr.jpg

IMO JF-17 serial production did not begin until 2008 or 2009. The last proto, number 6, flew in 2006.
yes serial production not started in pac .................sp started in pac early of 2008
before that 7-8 jf were supplied by china .....

yes serial production not started in pac .................sp started in pac early of 2008
before that 7-8 jf were supplied by china .....

Personally, I have not seen any JF-17 with tail number 08 dash. Maybe they exist. :coffee: Perhaps serial production started in 2008 and the first planes were built in 2009.

This one is batch 1, number 12, built in 2009.

Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_JF-17_Gu.jpg

Hopefully SP-2 flies this year. JF-17 needs some competition :rofl:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom