What's new

Tejas induction only by mid-2014

how would people here feel if the announcement come in 2013 that it won't be ready until mid-2016?

Sour grapes for Fox, does that means grapes are not good.

1. An 4th gen Mig21/f16 mix with 3 rd gen full metal body with no FBW... this is how JF17 was inducted .. Only thing that was new at that time was DSI.. but every thing else is pretty much old tech.. after that slowly so many things are getting added one by one and tested one by one.. talk of adding composits,fbw in one of the axis etc..

To all those who " Fail to understand the basic difference... try to understand , JF17 is like an other normal plane of WWII to 1970s era ... it can fly without FBW" so basic aerodynamic design is decade old adaptation..

2. Tejas is a Fully FBW and unstable air frame.. that means its a flying brick which computers make it to fly as a plane.. it will take some time to test and when you do it it will take lot of time.

Sorry to disapoint your pathetic soul have you seen JF-17 presentation which we gave to world in Dubai air show?
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff465/khizer17/2.jpg

JF-17 have so many things which i can mention for the sake of argument but i don't wanna waste my time.
If you people just want to win in arguments then do gold plating on LCA and tell the world Indian Airforce is not satisfied with this failed machine but its surely better than yours because it have gold. :D

how would people here feel if the announcement come in 2013 that it won't be ready until mid-2016?

Won't make any difference as we will be operating Su 30MKI, MIG 29UPG/SMT, MIRAGE M2K, Raf or ET by 2015. These 4 double engine Air superiority/MMRCA supported by 8 AWACS, 300 UAV, Multiple SAM, 2 Spy Satellite will be enough for our current 2 threat perception. By 2017, PakFA/FGFA and Super MKI will also be inducted. :)

Sorry to disapoint your pathetic soul have you seen JF-17 presentation which we gave to world in Dubai air show?

JF-17 have so many things which i can mention for the sake of argument but i don't wanna waste my time.
If you people just want to win in arguments then do gold plating on LCA and tell the world Indian Airforce is not satisfied with this failed machine but its surely better than yours because it have gold. :D

First read Kindly read my post...

1. I never said that JF17 currently doesnt have any morden tech. what i told is when inducted

it did not had composites, it did not had FBW , it did not have inflight refueling, etc etc and latter it was added one by one..

2. JF17 is still a stable airframe, read any source you can see this " even if the FBW fails the plane can be still flown like any other aeroplane" this wont be the case for f16, tejas, fc20 ect..

for your information we have had flown , marut , ajeeth ect which were stable airframe (like glider) much before JF17 project was born.. Tejas is totally new to us and our poor Govt agencies ( drdo, ada etc) are taking time to learn.

try a tailless delta wing out of your JF17 and fly it within 10 years then we will agree.

For us LCA is delayed but a great start...
* gave all new infrastructure
* gave confidence that we can build a fighter
* gave self reliance
* gave senss of pride
* gave ray of hope
and the list will go on...

so even if you call LCA as failure it is like sour grapes to the fox, fox tried but failed so the grape become sour.. we we still trying and waiting it wont be sour when we get it.. thanks ..
* gave technology

We don't have time to read about Junk.

disgusting people. You don't know how much share that PAC holds in JF-17. being a JV and design is based upon the mig-33, engine russia, metal body, c language, french avionics, A team of engineers from Mig , handed to CAC.........you are still claiming JF-17 as master piece.

I think where ADA made a mistake is that they should have first made a stable Tejas. This would have reduced the perils of testing an unstable design, thereby reducing the testing period and an early induction. Tejas with an unstable structure and FBW should have come as an upgrade.

Still, its a great achievement for the Indian aerospace industry and mission has been accomplished even if its not inducted into the airforce. What Tejas is for ADA, SLV was for ISRO.

"You don't fly Tejas; it flies you."

this induction by 2014 will be a big achievement but i dont think its possible before 2024

frustration,less mental stability

:welcome:
LOL man u devoling this Tejas from 1982 in 29 years u couldnt make it and u should be frustrated when u JF 17 fly in airshows just after 4 years of the start of the project while ur tejas took 30 years but not even weaponised yet

LOL man u devoling this Tejas from 1982 in 29 years u couldnt make it and u should be frustrated when u JF 17 fly in airshows just after 4 years of the start of the project while ur tejas took 30 years but not even weaponised yet

So what.. do you know JF-17 design is based on Mig-33. and engineers from mikoyan is handed to CAC. your credibility in JF-17 is almost nil, avionic suites from french, Russian engine, ... what is your contribution in that, fitting bolts...???

you are starting flame and dragging us into it. keep quite. don't show your pathetic attitude.

So what.. do you know JF-17 design is based on Mig-33. and engineers from mikoyan is handed to CAC. your credibility in JF-17 is almost nil, avionic suites from french, Russian engine, ... what is your contribution in that, fitting bolts...???

you are starting flame and dragging us into it. keep quite. don't show your pathetic attitude.

that's a good reply! why can't the chinese simply accept that this was a GOOD-FIRST attempt! we will surely get better only! something similar to what they are trying with their first Aircraft carrier....

as for pakistanis, they are happy shouting at the top of their voice how much better JF-17 is... And I feel pity on them.. even a wrench used in maintenance of the JF-17 CAN NOT be manufactured in PAKISTAN..and there goes all their pride.. and if this is pointed out to them, they will start yet another flame-cum-troll war!!!

really? I've heard you folks say it is a copy of Mig-21, IAR-95, F-16 and now Mig-33. Must be one hell of a hybrid, eh?

So in what way is it a copy?

Nose? Nose on the mig-33 is smaller and angled down, whereas the JF-17s is not angled, longer and seems larger in relation to the canopy.
Wings? Both have conventional wing design, whereas the Mig-33's wings are smaller, and swept back.
Air intakes? Completely DIFFERENT!
the engine outlet on the JF-17 is extended and the spine in relation to the sings and canopy are different on either plane.
The JF-17 may have been influenced by it, but the airframe or the aircraft overall is in no way shape or form, copied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom